49 replies to this topic

#1 Mrs Willy

Mrs Willy

Flump no1

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,163 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 09:53 PM

Howdy all.

Thought id start a thread about other hobbys. Post em up..

Mines music composition/production... or  immersing myself in music creation. Dont have the time to attend to it properly these days , but done a few tunes over many years.

So.. welcome to the batcave ..

Pic 1:

The guitars are a squire classic vibe 60s strat with fender 62 pickups (installed seperately). Sounds great like a 60s strat really.

Telecaster is a 50s squire classic vibe. Excellent guitar.

Bass is a classic vibe 60s jazz bass. Not quite as good as the others at replicating the original but still a great playing bass.

Not in pics, but guitar amps are fender blues junior, orange ad5.

post-4-0-80127100-1438032262.jpg

Pic 2:

2 classic roland keyboards. Top one is analog and the bottom one is digital. The top one is a total belter and on loads of records in last 30 years. Madonnas producers, depeche mode, paul oakenfold all swear by these and they are right. Bottom one is the Dr who equivelent of synths and very well respected in the vintage synth community. 

post-4-0-67585600-1438032286.jpg

Pic 3:

The rest of the kit.

A few analog synths and a RME UCX soundcard which sounds  the dogs bollox. The glowing one to the left is a roland TR8 which is a very good modern representation of the classic 808/909 drum machines that defined hip hop and house. Maschine does the sampling loops, the virus c does all the lead sounds. There is a moog in there as well for that moog bass sound.

A PC with I7 3.2, 32gb ram, 0.5tb SSD, 5 tb Hard disk and Sonar X3 as the DAW powers it all. Plugin synth galore and huge sample library.

Got a few more bits and bobs lying around, rack synths, valve compressors, NS10 monitors, valve guitar amps, not seen in pics.

post-4-0-64581000-1438032387.jpg

Attached File  IMG_1010.JPG   191.38KB   10 downloadsAttached File  IMG_1011.JPG   195.76KB   10 downloadsAttached File  IMG_1015.JPG   219.83KB   10 downloads

• mellowed, Dekay, The Dude Abides and 25 others like this

#2 hazed bunny

hazed bunny

doing bunny stuff

• Sleeping Mods
  • 15,201 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 10:14 PM

Used to loads of cross-stitching before i had all the kids loved it. Got bits packed away, even bought a kit not long ago but packed it away. Miss it though was relaxing
  • Mrs Willy, duke, denots and 3 others like this

#3 hazed bunny

hazed bunny

doing bunny stuff

• Sleeping Mods
  • 15,201 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 10:15 PM

Was thinking of getting my oldest a keyboard for her xmas this year or a camra
  • Mrs Willy, duke, denots and 3 others like this

#4 The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides

No Funny Stuff

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 06:21 PM

Interesting thread Darling, lots of music stuff you've got, do you play the guitars much?

I've got a couple of interesting hobbies myself.

The first is collecting slippers and doing silly things with them.

Here's some pics.

med_gallery_27_7_1779635.jpg

med_gallery_27_7_925696.jpg

The second is my favourite, masturbation.

Here's some pics.

Says they won't upload, too big I suppose?

All good things

TDA

• Mrs Willy, smokin soul, duke and 15 others like this

#5 the old lady

the old lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 09:14 PM

Interesting thread Darling, lots of music stuff you've got, do you play the guitars much?

I've got a couple of interesting hobbies myself.

The first is collecting slippers and doing silly things with them.

Here's some pics.

med_gallery_27_7_1779635.jpg

med_gallery_27_7_925696.jpg

The second is my favourite, masturbation.

Here's some pics.

Says they won't upload, too big I suppose?

All good things

TDA

OMG !!! - Dude I nearly fell off my chair laughing :) .....   only you ...... lolol

Nice bit of kit you have there Mrs - it reminds me of my son's bedroom before he left home :) 

Keyboard is a good idea Bunny - make sure you get her some headphones to go with it though :)

TOL

• Mrs Willy, The Dude Abides, hazed bunny and 5 others like this

#6 hazed bunny

hazed bunny

doing bunny stuff

• Sleeping Mods
  • 15,201 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 09:17 PM

Haha thanks good call on the head phones lol will remember that.
  • The Dude Abides, duke, the old lady and 1 other like this

#7 wonkeydonkeymonster

wonkeydonkeymonster

BAKED NOT FRIED

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,362 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 01:51 AM

Oh swilly I could spend so much time in that music room of yours, jammin on them guitars all day.
  • Mrs Willy, The Dude Abides, duke and 2 others like this

#8 wonkeydonkeymonster

wonkeydonkeymonster

BAKED NOT FRIED

• Respected User
  • 2,362 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 11:25 AM

Drawing and painting are some other hobbies. I started collecting antique/retro hand mincers over the past couple months, only got a few but there's one from 1788 and another from 1809Attached File  uploadfromtaptalk1438169039183.jpg   118.78KB   10 downloads next hobby is collecting guitars (as soon as I win lotto)
  • Mrs Willy, The Dude Abides, 2scoops and 6 others like this

#9 WanderinBloke

WanderinBloke

They see me wibblin'

• Respected User
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 11:44 AM

Booze, I like booze :D I'm currently feeding my love of booze by brewing my own. Done a few barrels of nice red wine and I'm amazed at how good it is compared to some of the crap youll buy from the shops. I cant guarantee that every wine I buy for a fiver will be good, but every bottle of wine I brew is excellent and costs me less than £2 per bottle :D I love this hobby :cool:

This is a Beaverdale Rojo Tinto (23 litre) Ive got on the go at the mo. Ive done it before and it's larrrvely

med_gallery_161_11_449239.jpg

There's a load of blackberry bushes not far from me. I normally pick a good few each year but leave loads for other peeps. Not this year! Developers are going to be building there and wiping out my blackberries :( so this year I'm having hte lot and having a go at some blackberry wine. Cant wait.

• Mrs Willy, The Dude Abides, 2scoops and 8 others like this

#10 wonkeydonkeymonster

wonkeydonkeymonster

BAKED NOT FRIED

• Respected User
  • 2,362 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 12:34 PM

^^^ can your brew spirits in that? I got a pressure last week to "try" convertit to a still, waiting on the copper pipe atm and have no clue what to do but alway wanted to brew my own booze. Actually that the last piece of the puzzle, i grow most my own veg, get most my meat from mums farm, grow my own cannabis. . .now just need to brew my own booze.
  • The Dude Abides, duke, KiefKat and 6 others like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: music, studio, equipment

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.