Photo
- - - - -

Swills Hash run.. LIVE. (No bubble bags).

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Mrs Willy

Mrs Willy

Flump no1

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,163 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 09:04 PM

Hi,

Doing a hash run on my hols. about 4-6 oz of trim and popcorn from last few grows. Just been in a holdall for last year+.

So make some hash with stuff in my house... As i write this i am in the middle of it. So its like lambing live but with hash. No sheep fanny shots.. promise.

Ingredients. (May get updated depending on what i end up doing).

2 car wash buckets.

Blunt round paddle like wooden spoon.

jay cloths.

4-6oz of trim and popcorn.

3 bags of party ice from offy.

A kitchen sieve.

Approach.

Im a total novice, but understand the principles. Ive tried bubble bags before and see others non bubble bag efforts online. From what i have read (and lesseons learned from previous attempts) the key things to get right for someone making hash at home are..

1) Long as possible agitation of plant matter in icy water. Thinking a run lasting hours of agitation and then skimming the melted ice/water every hour or so.

2) Plenty of ice (15 litres for the amount of trim) and a blunt paddle like instrument to agitate the trichomes off the leaves.

3) A need to get rid of green plant matter (to avoid green hash). A kitchen seive wont cut it.

4) Consider around the house fabrics for filtering the green matter off.

5) Use the evaporation/syphon method as per GB thread.

Things i decided not to do that crossed by mind and reasons for not bothering.

1) Go slush puppie style in a magimix.. The ice would melt and the ability to bash the trichomes off becomes inferior to the ice cubes. Nice idea tho.

2) Use a handleld electric food mixer to agitate the buds.... Think this would chop up plant matter into unnecessary smaller bits and compromise the effectiveness of the undecided filter at this stage.

3) Pour the whole lot through the filter in one go... I favour a method of skimming off melted water with a jug ..and keeping all the plant matter in the bucket for a good 4-5 hours and skim the juice off regularly once it melts.

Help from my friends.

Thanks for suggestions of filters on the shoutbox tonight. After tests with a M&S shirt and a jay cloth filter.. I went with a jay cloth as a first pass filter to get rid of the leafy bits.

So on with the show then.

Trim and ice:

post-4-0-56430800-1438200723.jpg

Mixing up with an array of slippers. Note the humble paddle to not chop up the plant matter too much.

post-4-0-51112100-1438201502.jpg

Sieve, jay cloth into another bucket. The melted ice is skimmed off so all plant matter remains in what is left of the ice.

post-4-0-36986300-1438202331.jpg

How did the jay cloth do? Not bad i reckon.. and the skimming the water off the top approach means sod all plant matter to deal with as its still in the ice :)

post-4-0-75482900-1438202456.jpg

And there is the filtered result in a jug for illustration purposes. Looks nice and brown.. so far so good and another couple of jug fulls to go over the course of the evening which will be skimmed off as and when the rest of the ice melts. Then i will squeeze dry the soggy matter through the jay cloth once all the ice has melted.

post-4-0-40622300-1438202932.jpg

YOU ARE TUNED TO HASHING LIVE. ITS LIKE LAMBING LIVE, BUT WITH NO SHEEPS WOMBS IN SIGHT.

Attached Files

• Budgie, mellowed, Dekay and 22 others like this

#2 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 09:46 PM

Hows it coming hashmeister? Not mopping up the floor I hope :P

Not sure about the loooong soak though, it might leech more chlorophyll into the mix?

• Mrs Willy, The Dude Abides, 2scoops and 8 others like this

#3 W.S

W.S

Taking over from Monte!

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,310 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 10:10 PM

Reckon he's bailed on it to get high lol
  • Mrs Willy, Budgie, The Dude Abides and 7 others like this

#4 mellowed

mellowed

The Untroubled One

• Sleeping Mods
  • 4,266 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 10:12 PM

Messy times mate :)
Plenty of fun :)
  • Mrs Willy, Budgie, The Dude Abides and 8 others like this

#5 Mrs Willy

Mrs Willy

Flump no1

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,163 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 10:49 PM

Ay its coming along.

Good call on the chlorophyll not thought of that.

The water is brown tho and there is a lot of it, so fingers crossed it'll be ok.

Done 2 more skims and will leave it melt overnight.

Noticed some gold collecting on the jay cloth so i rinsed it in the filtered liquid. A few flakes of green in the filtered mix, but nothing an M&S shirt wont wort out lol.

Pic 1 before this evenings final skim (3rd one).

post-4-0-80386600-1438209747.jpg

And after.. ill let it melt overnight and squeeze it all through in the morning as a final wash.

post-4-0-99731300-1438209770.jpg

The liquid in the bucket post filtering via jay cloth.

post-4-0-35184400-1438209790.jpg

Pic to show colour of liquid. This is a 5 litre jug currently about 15 litres of brown liquid.

post-4-0-02125700-1438209808.jpg

Ill regroup tomorrow and then let it settle for a few days, syphon the top water off maybe tomorrow night.

But jay cloths and a seive, not doing a bad job at all by the looks of things. Only time will tell..

:)

Attached Files

• Budgie, Dekay, The Dude Abides and 18 others like this

#6 Mrs Willy

Mrs Willy

Flump no1

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,163 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 09:50 AM

Still loads of ice this morning and the jay cloth picking up a bit of gold, so i reckon ill just strain the rest through the seive later.

Got a bucket full of brown water now tho. more later..

• Budgie, The Dude Abides, duke and 12 others like this

#7 Mrs Willy

Mrs Willy

Flump no1

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,163 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 08:27 PM

Ok so apols for not updating. Had forgotten id started it tbh lol.

So after all that draining through a jay cloth, which worked really well but did leave a bit of resin on it..

I disguarded all plant matter from jay cloth, then rinsed it in the filtered bucket to put back the resin that had stuck to it during each filtering stage.

Ended up with a car wash bucket full. It was left for 3 days  (life in teh way) and got a bit smelly. Think it started fermenting.

So i poured out the water, no syphon. Then just put the last bits in a pan to boil off the water.

Clumped it all together and ended up with some very sticky , squidgy black. Ive smoked about a quarter of the result. The rest is shown below. I think i did ok from it tbh.

I think the jay cloths really do a good job if getting rid of plant matter. Just ensure you rinse the jay cloth back in the clean water as it will be obvious it collects resin.

Ive smoked about 20-30% of it the rest is below. Its v soft as seen with a mild fingernail scuff in pic 3.

It is a great smoke.

post-4-0-01067100-1439065084.jpg

Attached File  IMG_1097.JPG   244.22KB   15 downloads

Attached File  IMG_1098.JPG   181.6KB   15 downloadspost-4-0-87137600-1439065101.jpg

Attached File  IMG_1099.JPG   227.2KB   12 downloads

post-4-0-06898700-1439065498.jpg

• Budgie, Dekay, smokin soul and 21 others like this

#8 WanderinBloke

WanderinBloke

They see me wibblin'

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 10:12 PM

Marlboro ewww. Grand job on the squidgy tho fella, looks very tasty :cool:

• Budgie, smokin soul, duke and 6 others like this

#9 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 09:21 PM

Ok so apols for not updating. Had forgotten id started it tbh lol.

pmsl, apols for forgetting you'd started it too :joint: , and you know I like a bit of squidgy missen :bong:

That's just Lubbly bubbly mate, I can just imagine how mellowed out you'll have been feeling toking on it.

Tell you what, I know that their are a lot of hash gurus who want it as clean as possible and all graded out like bloody be-ro self raising flour, but my fave hash is still a nice chunk of indian stuff and thats well gumby ;) And any way, it's only miniscule bits of herbage so it's not gonna kill thee.

Has it all gone yet?

• Dekay, duke, denots and 4 others like this

#10 Dekay

Dekay

Easily distracted by Swilly

• Sleeping Mods
  • 16,177 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 10:09 PM

I would never use bubble bags again so much hard work for so little, it is not ultra fine blonde weed but I bet it does the fucking job swilly, nice one ;)

• Mrs Willy, duke, denots and 5 others like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.