6 replies to this topic

#1 Mrs Willy

Mrs Willy

Flump no1

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,163 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 06:00 PM

me like chickan. :idea:

Yesterday i discovered reggae raggae sauce used as a marinate on drumsticks, thighs and wings. Then cooked on charcoal bbq. I was blown away tbh. Tried many rubs on ribs etc and bbq sauce. The reggae reggae is well worth a try on a bbq.

Important for this one is the 2 cooking stages..

Stage 1) Char the chicken over hot coals. So its brown with a few black bits. It tastes better a bit burnt tbh and the marinade will black up - its kind of the point.

Stage 2) After chicken is charred, then put away from coals, lid... Put handfull of woodchips on the coals. Then lid on. hey presto.. smoker/oven to finish em off.

Pic 1 - coals on one side. So you get a hot grill over coals and an oven/smoker on tuther side.

post-4-0-82133400-1438449963.jpg

Pic 2 the chickan before it goes in. Leave excess marinade in placcy thing as this will be used for basting later.

post-4-0-42088300-1438449976.jpg

Pic 3 - Woodchips on coals, chickan in cooler area to smoke and roast out. Remaining marinade poured over chickan.

post-4-0-94177600-1438450027.jpg

Pic 4 - lid on smoke away for 20 mins.

post-4-0-35611000-1438450040.jpg

Final result. Wish there was taste - a - vision as this one is smokin''!!

post-4-0-03041800-1438451940.jpg

Attached Files

• The Dude Abides, smokin soul, marque08 and 6 others like this

#2 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 06:44 PM

I love chicken wings done that way but in barbecue sauce , they look yummy though, nice m8.

• Mrs Willy likes this

#3 The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides

No Funny Stuff

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 07:07 PM

Looks yummy Darling.

Good cooking method that is, Wigster taught me that earlier this year, I always used to burn the chicken before it was cooked properly.

I've heard good things about the Reggae Reggae sauce but not tried it yet.

I'm sitting here waiting for guests to arrive, then I can have me dinner, fooking starving I am.

All good things

TDA

• Mrs Willy and Wigster like this

#4 Lizardking

Lizardking

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 07:21 PM

Mon the reggae reggae...fantastic sauce :)
  • Mrs Willy, mrsDeeks and the old lady like this

#5 mrsDeeks

mrsDeeks

Mrs Deeks

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 10:19 PM

looks yummy, me and deeks had the same today i used a sticky chinese marinade though and cooked it in the oven :)

#6 wonkeydonkeymonster

wonkeydonkeymonster

BAKED NOT FRIED

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,362 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 01:45 AM

Reggae Reggae ftw, Love that stuff and your chicken looks Fucking lovely swilly, Good bit of char n all[emoji4]
  • Mrs Willy and mrsDeeks like this

#7 Wigster

Wigster

Fookin Cookin

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 08:29 AM

Looks great! I am a bit of a BBQ/Weber fanatic and have been 'off set' BBQing/slow cooking/smoking for a while now.  Ribs are great to do like this but need a good 21/2 hours with a method called 'the Texas crutch' (really!) after an hour of smoking, which involves wrapping the ribs up in tinfoil with apple juice and letting it steam/braise in the moisture for about another hour. Then you drain off the apple juice (wich now has tasty smokey meat juices as well) & reduce with some maple syrup until it becomes a sticky glaze which is then spread over the ribs and finished off for another half hour :yum:

Edited by Wigster, 13 August 2015 - 08:31 AM.

• Mrs Willy and The Dude Abides like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.