• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Dekay

Dekay

Easily distracted by Swilly

• Sleeping Mods
  • 16,177 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 09:30 PM

Hey, right got a new camera phone and its pretty bad for taking pics close, my last was an s6 and that was brilliant for macros, this new one I have to use manual mode but the settings are not what I expected, I thought ISO was amount of light it lets in and more was better in bad conditions and the phone uses a very high one in auto and theres loads of crap and blurryness but if I turn the iso down to 50 or a 100 maybe 200 so I can hardly see waht I am getting a pic of they turn out way better and good if I hold myself still enough, reckon on a tripod they would be pretty good, this has confused me a bit I thought high iso in low light for best pics but this seems the opposite so what I thought i had learned was wrong or is there another factor to consider like the speed of the shot or something?

• Up2nogood likes this

#2 Up2nogood

Up2nogood

Just call me Sir

• Sleeping Mods
  • 3,210 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 09:43 PM

Hey, right got a new camera phone and its pretty bad for taking pics close, my last was an s6 and that was brilliant for macros, this new one I have to use manual mode but the settings are not what I expected, I thought ISO was amount of light it lets in and more was better in bad conditions and the phone uses a very high one in auto and theres loads of crap and blurryness but if I turn the iso down to 50 or a 100 maybe 200 so I can hardly see waht I am getting a pic of they turn out way better and good if I hold myself still enough, reckon on a tripod they would be pretty good, this has confused me a bit I thought high iso in low light for best pics but this seems the opposite so what I thought i had learned was wrong or is there another factor to consider like the speed of the shot or something?

The ISO helps with dark situations but if too high can cause noise (grains) in the picture..The aperture can also help with light if it is fully open,low ISO is best for clear pics and high ISO's not so good.

Yeah if you have your shutter on a slow number like 1/30th and if you move slightly it will cause blury pics.

You are right though on the ISO.. best clear pics are big apertures if you want shallow depth of field but middle apertures like f16 for all round sharpness but f8 is what I tend to use for best

• Dekay likes this

#3 Up2nogood

Up2nogood

Just call me Sir

• Sleeping Mods
  • 3,210 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 10:03 PM

when you up your ISO say from 200 to 400 it doubles the ISO and it will double the shutter speed at the same time to give you a faster shutter to take quicker pictures so they won't be as dark.

But this is on a DSLR and may be different for mobile phones but mobile phones these days have a lot of the DSLR settings

• Dekay likes this

#4 Dekay

Dekay

Easily distracted by Swilly

• Sleeping Mods
  • 16,177 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 10:08 PM

Didnt get the first one what it meant so much but yeah I getting that the iso and shutter speed are important just thought it was mad I cant see the object but get a better picture then when I can, you should do a thread explaining things up2 a bit would help people for sure ;)

• Up2nogood likes this

#5 Up2nogood

Up2nogood

Just call me Sir

• Sleeping Mods
  • 3,210 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 10:14 PM

I am still learning myself Dekay lol.. There is so much to learn..even pro's learn new things..  I tend to shoot on Aperture Priority and the camera

does the shutter speed for me but that can be wrong too. Good job for exposure compensation which can help if a shot is too dark or too light

• Dekay likes this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.