17 replies to this topic

#1 K.D.R.G.M

K.D.R.G.M

Has dirty fingernails

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 10:04 PM

Hey people :hookah: as a few of you know my last grow was nearly non existant...but I'm bak ...I started with a Northern Lights x Big Bud from World Of Seeds she is in canna terra pro soil ( not plus) in 11ltr pot. when I repotted her I watered her in with 1drop Super Thrive , 1st time ive ever used it  in 8pints (5 ltrs) ( my milk carton)  of water which I then PH to 6.4. A few days 3-4 I think they got 5ltrs of feed ...5ml per litr ( maybe I shudda halved it ?? ) of Formulex. The girls are under a 125w cfl blue in a 90x 60 x 90 tent temps are ok but I think rh is a little low :(. I went to check on em today n found this..... maybe I feed the too soon ... I dunno any advice appreciated......thanks in advance :hookah: :hookah: :hookah:

2015 08 26 12.59.19
2015 08 26 12.59.30
2015 08 26 15.13.16
2015 08 26 15.14.13
2015 08 26 15.14.28
2015 08 26 15.14.46
2015 08 26 15.15.00
2015 08 26 15.13.58

shot of hygrometer

2015 08 26 15.12.59

Thanks for stopping by

Keep Toking
:hookah:

• Budgie, mellowed, 2scoops and 1 other like this

#2 mellowed

mellowed

The Untroubled One

• Sleeping Mods
  • 4,266 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 10:17 PM

Are you reading ec mate?
Looks like she is starting to burn a bit.
Are you water/feeding everyday?
  • Budgie, duke and K.D.R.G.M like this

#3 K.D.R.G.M

K.D.R.G.M

Has dirty fingernails

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 10:26 PM

Hey Mellowed, nah I dnt hav ec meter altho I didn't know I needed 1 for soil ( N00b) .....I usually ...feed...wait t dry out ...water ph 6.3-6.5. let dry out .......water....ph.....let dry out feed

I dnt usually ph in soil but I used to when I first started growing then heard /read I dnt need to so I stopped :( :hookah:

Thanks for dropping in

Keep Toking

• duke likes this

#4 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 10:36 PM

Its not a deficiency as such @K.D.R.G.M, it looks like a plant getting established and about to take off but starting to struggle a bit.

The signs on that lower leaf are more like it being hungry for a bit of extra MG. I would reccomend giving the plants a good molasses feed to energise the soil/roots (rhizosphere) to get the most out of the soil goodies, then next water cycle, give her a little bit of Epsoms in the plain water. That should sort her out for you. Don't fret about the lower leaves now, they won't recover so pull the worst ones off. If she was overfed then you would probably see more of an all-over tip burning.

• Mrs Willy, mellowed, 2scoops and 3 others like this

#5 K.D.R.G.M

K.D.R.G.M

Has dirty fingernails

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 10:51 PM

:hookah: :hookah: 

Hey GB, thanks man , never grown from seed so I don't know what to look for really, I hav some Canna rhiztonic from my last grow cud I use that or just buy the molasses..not bothered which just want my girl to get the best :). i'll get the E.salt. I hav sume but think it maybe outta date lol  I'll go pull the bad 1's off tomorra thanks man much appreciated  :hookah:

Keep Toking

• Budgie likes this

#6 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 10:55 PM

Rhizotonic is ok, but molasses is cheaper, works better in soil, and tastes nice in your coffee :)

The epsoms won't have gone off either, its pretty much just pure magensium and lasts for ages and ages, but don't put that in your coffee unless you suffer from constipation dude pmsl

• mellowed, The Dude Abides, duke and 2 others like this

#7 Dekay

Dekay

Easily distracted by Swilly

• Sleeping Mods
  • 16,177 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 11:13 PM

It looks like classic mg def but you might have ph'ed wrong and caused a lock out, had a student once who was ph ing water and not telling me and the plants werent responding to things like epsoms, it clicked when he said what he'd been doing. Maybe check your meter or dont bother messing, thats a good soil you should be right and nutrients all have PH set too nowadays, you should use molasses like budgie says whatever every now and then to keep your soil happy ;)

• Mrs Willy, Budgie, duke and 1 other like this

#8 K.D.R.G.M

K.D.R.G.M

Has dirty fingernails

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 11:21 PM

pmfsl that was funny. epsoms in coffee..

:hookah: ye i'll deffo get the molasses ate weekend and find out the e.salts...I think I saw them other day too....... got me thinking now

do I feed alternat feed as...molasses...water e.salts..water molasses...letting soil dry out obv not totally numb :bong: lol

Keep Toking

:bong:  :hookah:

#9 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 11:28 PM

just the one dose of epsoms will sort you out if nothing else is causing problems....which there's no point going looking for :) :ninja:

the molasses like dekay said, once every couple of weeks to keep the soil life happy :)

• K.D.R.G.M likes this

#10 K.D.R.G.M

K.D.R.G.M

Has dirty fingernails

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 11:28 PM

It looks like classic mg def but you might have ph'ed wrong and caused a lock out, had a student once who was ph ing water and not telling me and the plants werent responding to things like epsoms, it clicked when he said what he'd been doing. Maybe check your meter or dont bother messing, thats a good soil you should be right and nutrients all have PH set too nowadays, you should use molasses like budgie says whatever every now and then to keep your soil happy ;)

yo DK.....now u mention it I haven't calibrated my PH pen for a while ...Doh ..cheers buddy. something so simple and I forgot wot a dumb stoner lol

u diamnond :bong:

thanks for dropping buy buddy

Keep Toking

:bong:

• Dekay likes this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.