23 replies to this topic

#11 WalterEgo420

WalterEgo420

Has dirty fingernails

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 02:39 PM

Dabbing is heating a surface til it's really rather hot, then introducing concentrate to it and inhaling the smoke.  I use a nail and oil dome which is probably a bit old fashioned these days.  Basically, you have three parts

Attached File  Oil Dome 3.jpg   290.16KB   1 downloads

The bit on the left fits into your bong.  The bit in the middle is the nail [a titanium cup on a stick, basically] and drops into the bit you placed in the bong.

Attached File  Oil Dome 2.jpg   379.01KB   1 downloads

You now heat the metal nail with a blowtorch of one type or another til it's glowing.

Attached File  Oil Dome 1.jpg   302.48KB   1 downloads

Now place the dome on the top and introduce your concentrate to the hot nail via the hole in the top of the dome.  Breathe in the resulting vapour.  Cough.  Cough again.  Make a major effort not to cough again.  Cough again anyway.

Voila, you're a dabber.

eta.  I should have cleaned everything before taking the pics but I've got a batch of oil on the go and just couldn't be arsed tbh :)

Edited by WalterEgo420, 29 December 2016 - 02:48 PM.

• Budgie, 2scoops, Roy Cropper and 4 others like this

#12 olmec

olmec

earth bound misfit

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 02:52 PM

Dabbing is heating a surface til it's really rather hot, then introducing concentrate to it and inhaling the smoke. I use a nail and oil dome which is probably a bit old fashioned these days. Basically, you have three parts

Oil Dome 3.jpg

The bit on the left fits into your bong. The bit in the middle is the nail [a titanium cup on a stick, basically] and drops into the bit you placed in the bong.

Oil Dome 2.jpg

You now heat the metal nail with a blowtorch of one type or another til it's glowing.

Oil Dome 1.jpg

Now place the dome on the top and introduce your concentrate to the hot nail via the hole in the top of the dome. Breathe in the resulting vapour. Cough. Cough again. Make a major effort not to cough again. Cough again anyway.

Voila, you're a dabber.

eta. I should have cleaned everything before taking the pics but I've got a batch of oil on the go and just couldn't be arsed tbh :)

Perfect description
  • Roy Cropper, WalterEgo420 and Cheeseman like this

#13 Roy Cropper

Roy Cropper

grow, smoke, eat, repeat.

• Respected User
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 07:36 PM

i used to have one of those, best way to avoid the "hot and hurty" dabs are to torch it till its red then wait 30-40 seconds before dabbing, works a treat unless its hot and hurt your after !

i got an e nail now and i must say i don't use it half as much as i used to, caps have ruined it for me ! 

• WalterEgo420, DreDdYBoY, DoubleTrouble and 1 other like this

#14 olmec

olmec

earth bound misfit

• Respected User
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 07:56 PM

i used to have one of those, best way to avoid the "hot and hurty" dabs are to torch it till its red then wait 30-40 seconds before dabbing, works a treat unless its hot and hurt your after !

i got an e nail now and i must say i don't use it half as much as i used to, caps have ruined it for me !

Wouldn't mind an enail myself..........caps for me tonight woop
  • Roy Cropper, WalterEgo420, DreDdYBoY and 1 other like this

#15 DreDdYBoY

DreDdYBoY

Sir smoke alot

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 10:41 PM

I love to dab oil for the instant high, but I'm with Roy you just cant beat caps
  • Roy Cropper, WalterEgo420, Bubonik Chronic and 1 other like this

#16 WalterEgo420

WalterEgo420

Has dirty fingernails

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 07:14 PM

Thanks Roy, I tried your method and it definitely helped with the coughing.  Then I tried the glass nail that came with the original dome kit and there's no coughing at all.  Which is nice.  Could have saved myself the expense of the titanium nail but hey ho.

I don't get enough oil to be filling caps, alas.  I imagine it must squash you right down into the sofa though  :)

==

Walter

• Budgie, Roy Cropper and Cheeseman like this

#17 captain beefheart

captain beefheart

original closet gardener !!!

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,840 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 08:06 PM

It's a glorified bong 😂 which burns ta face when tooting it 😂 well warms it up a tad smooth with the shatter I find 👌
  • Budgie, Roy Cropper, WalterEgo420 and 2 others like this

#18 DoubleTrouble

DoubleTrouble

Advanced Member

• Respected User
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 09:08 PM

roy's got it to a T - heat the nail til glowing as normal - time the drop by 30-35 second's and feel how smooth it is, and the taste difference. if you have a enail - and set it to a certain temp you'll find your sweet spot easy enough. dont understand those who like it hot and hurty? either way happy dabbing

• 2scoops, olmec, Roy Cropper and 2 others like this

#19 Roy Cropper

Roy Cropper

• Respected User
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 04:32 PM

jolie ollie youtube with that proper annoying youtube intro he does ! thats who likes em hot n hurt ! 

heres where you laugh ! snot bubble dabs lmao

@WalterEgo420 if the glass banger doesn't make you cough but the titanium one does then it sounds to me like someone hasn't "seasoned the nail" 

in other words you gotta get it glowing a shitload of times or soak it in some iso before use then blast it, 

Roys top tip here is to save the shitty vile reclaim from cleaning the glass, and use this to season the nail, just don't smoke it, it will be vile and make your eyes bleed ! 

• Budgie, Zipp, W.S and 3 others like this

#20 Roy Cropper

Roy Cropper

• Respected User
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 04:51 PM

total piss take ! i felt sorry for the poor lad but then thought nah, he knows what he getting in to, fool ! 

holy shit !

• Budgie, WalterEgo420, Solo Quin and 2 others like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dabbingdab, concentrates, bho, hot-knives

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.