• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,003 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 09:20 PM

hi all well heres my experience of vanilla kush from barneys farm,this is coco grown,

an easy grower quite quick in veg and i should imagine would be a good candidate for 12-12 growers the smell is strong even in very young plants making a good cf a must nice short stature with close internodes and minimal stretch in flower takes to rough treatment well however older branches do become brittle so training is best done early.

first 2 weeks of 12-12 they like a little more nitrogen than most so a little grow nutes added to flower nutes seemed best. after that a low ec 1.2 inc bg of 0.40 was adequate.

buds are solid trichy and retain this well after drying smell is intense and grows more so during curing.

yeild a little above average but i think with big lights could be substantialy more(mine is 250w hps)

i make no mention of length of flowering as bf claim 65 days but for full maturity and 20% ambers mine took a little over 100 days 12-12 but as we grow for oil medicine it needs longer,would have been most stoney at about 70 days.

right smoke report,

this strain has it all taste is good and improves with curing no cough if properly flushed (10-14 days till brix reading near zero)

strong hit straight away then shortly after a freight train drives through you and gravity increases!if you go for a bong then its taste is smooth proper vanilla/lavender and taste lingers a while stone lasts a good few hours and no stone over!

i will add that this is a good strain for oil and above average yeild of 5ml from an oz so a winner there.

right well im really stoned so if i missed anything feel free to point it out,peace all

Attached Files

• Budgie, 2scoops, weedtroll and 7 others like this

#2 stephen07

stephen07

Content

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,150 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 09:25 PM

Great report duke :)
  • duke likes this

#3 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,003 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 04:44 PM

hi all well im on to my 3rd grow of this strain now and still hooked heres some more strain info i found and its no wonder i like this strain when you read the strain lineage anyway i will add a few pics to this review later

Evening.png
Evening

Top Medical Use
Pain

Strain Attributes
70/30
Indica

Originating in Kashmir, India, the mother of Barneys Farm's mostly Indica Vanilla Kush is a Hash Plant. The mother was crossed with a Kush from Afghanistan and named for its sweet taste and aroma. Winning second place in the Cannabis Cup of 2009, this strain has been tested at more than 20 percent THC. Heavier on the body than the mind, Vanilla Kush can easily sink users into the couch and just as easily put them to sleep. Still the strain is very freeing to the mind and may be even be thought provoking. These effects can last well over two hours and users with low tolerance should be careful.

Most patients will find they can overcome the couch-lock this strain may try to provide, which can make it great for daytime pain relief. Users may find that Vanilla Kush can help fight depression and other mood disorders. Others will seek it for the other bodily effects that may help fight insomnia, arthritis and nausea.

Vanilla Kush can be successful when grown both inside and out, by amateurs and experts alike. Requiring very little care and staying on the shorter side, the strain will typically yield best as multi-branching plants. Usually, these plants reach about 60 centimeters indoors and flower for about nine weeks. When grown outside they tend to finish towards the end of September or early October, they can produce up to 250 grams per plant. Vanilla Kush does well using the Scrog method and Sea of Green methods.

Attached Files

• Budgie, smokin soul, Lizardking and 3 others like this

#4 Sprink

Sprink

Harletan

• Respected User
  • 2,188 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 05:14 PM

Lovely plants Duke

I just got some Vanilla Kush dry and it's pretty damn strong! I'm not really used to smoking Indicas and I got foolhardy and smoked all the scissor hash.

If I didn't need to keep going, I would have just slept for hours. This stuff pushes you into the chair and massages your shoulders, a very heavy hit that lasts long and has a nice head high.

I just can't actually keep my head high though, strictly a goodnight smoke for me :)

Oh yeah, no nanners and no seeds. I did have 1 freaky bud plant, but it's still great bud

Edited by Sprink, 24 June 2016 - 05:16 PM.

• duke, Lizardking and BIGLUMPAGREEN like this

#5 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,003 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 05:30 PM

Lovely plants Duke

I just got some Vanilla Kush dry and it's pretty damn strong! I'm not really used to smoking Indicas and I got foolhardy and smoked all the scissor hash.

If I didn't need to keep going, I would have just slept for hours. This stuff pushes you into the chair and massages your shoulders, a very heavy hit that lasts long and has a nice head high.

I just can't actually keep my head high though, strictly a goodnight smoke for me :)

Oh yeah, no nanners and no seeds. I did have 1 freaky bud plant, but it's still great bud

hi sprink yes she was to strong for some of my more girlie type friends!but imo after growing near all barneys strains the vk is still favorite and sorely missed in my drobes due to stoner labeling my vk cut turned out to be a gdp x mazar!they have to me the perfect genetics for my needs and lovely taste and smell and long lasting stone also being stable and very few phenotypes is rare and worth keeping imo,i shall buy her again soonish,peace and enjoy

• Lizardking and Sprink like this

#6 Sprink

Sprink

Harletan

• Respected User
  • 2,188 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 02:38 PM

Oh I forgot to add, I did get some bud rot on my biggest VK, which was understandable given the very dense buds and my sloppy attempts at climate control.

I wouldn't say rot is a problem, but that very dense pheno needs good air circulation.

I'm not sure what main phenos there are having only grown 3 of them, but there seems to be one with fox tail buds and one with dense pointy buds

Be careful opening the seed packs!

I opened a new one today, 2 spilled out and 1 is lost on the kitchen floor. Have to hope the 2 I have germ now :(

• duke likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vanilla kush, barneys farm, grow report, smoke report

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.