Photo
- - - - -

additives and boosters what really works?

additives boosters nutrients popular opinions

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#1 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,005 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 04:13 PM

hi all i thought a thread about boosters and the multitude of cannabis aimed stuff now lining the shelves and pockets of the hydro stores,

as some of you may allready know i am a very frugal grower and believe that a cannabis plant needs only good quality medium appropriate nutrients with micros and will then fullfill its genetic potential given the right microclimate and that all these boosters and things that did not exist 20 years ago are not needed well after talking to a few members who use these things i thought a thread where people post results of these additives and tell others what works and stop them spending there money on poorly made expensive bits they really could be better without and maybe save the money for extra seeds!

i will say the only additives i use are cheap ones superthrive in early growth and pk-13-14 in mid flower but thats it,am i really missing something here?thoughts please,peace

• Mrs Willy, The Dude Abides, Lab Rat and 16 others like this

#2 olmec

olmec

earth bound misfit

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 04:28 PM

well ive run out off green planet massive a week ago so only have some good old black treacle to give them so il be watching this lol

• Lab Rat, duke, fairy and 3 others like this

#3 Mrs Willy

Mrs Willy

Flump no1

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,163 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 04:46 PM

Ill kick off a few dukey. Ones ive used and what i use now. Im with you. There simply isnt a need for all these fancy additives..

First ill say the ones that i thought did make a difference  were.

1) Cannaboost - This was great bit its expensive, but of the ones i tried , this was pretty good. Its v expensive but it turbo charges the plants and makes they hungry and they go nuts with buddage and foliage. I managed double feed through middle weeks of flower on a crop and colas were like beer cans.

2) Hammerhead pk9/18. Oldie but goldie and i did use it without cannaboost and with it. Its a more regular thing than pk13/14 and it really does the job.

Used the biobizz,canna, hesi, plant magic grow and blooms and a few boosters etc. Pretty underwhelmed, especially with bioheaven. Thing with these nutes is they deliberately leave stuff out to encourage you to buy more.

What i use now (non cann specific) and what they have replaced.

1) Piss - Use this all way through the feeding cycle. As a tonic for the soil and provide nitrogen and micronutrients and excellent for the microherd. Stuff i think it replaced for me. Bioheaven, superthrive.. those kinds of things.

2) Black treacle - This pretty much is molasses, but its suplhured, which means it can fuck up microherd, but this takes weeks to do. So used in last 4-5 weeks of flower is perfectly fine. It does exactly what molasses does and its cheap as chips from spar etc.

3) Epsom salts - cheap as chips and essential. Dont think there is a product that does it better.

4) Richard jacksons flower power. Did 5-6 grows with this and encouraged loads of budsites, foliage and big big colas. Was given a tub free of charge, but it had everything in it the plants needed, not even a dose of epsoms. Its a QVC plant feed, not sure you can get it now.

5) Tomorite - i use this as an all rounder, but only since the flower power ran out. Poundshop and levingtons ive used. Does not boost the plants like the flower power but gets the plants through the grow no probs.

In short, piss, treacle, espoms and tomorite will get very good results.

But anyone in muck spending £15 on nutes....and can get hold if it... should give the flower power a try.

http://www.richardja...ium-plant-food/

• The Dude Abides, weedtroll, duke and 11 others like this

#4 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,005 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 04:50 PM

well ive run out off green planet massive a week ago so only have some good old black treacle to give them so il be watching this lol

how much difference do you estimate with it?i had a quick read up and other than the bee poo its much the same as other feeds on the market heres the bumph from there website for anyone interested  http://www.easy-grow...om-formulation/    thanks for posting olmec,peace

• olmec, fairy, Paulie and 3 others like this

#5 olmec

olmec

earth bound misfit

• Respected User
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 05:02 PM

how much difference do you estimate with it?i had a quick read up and other than the bee poo its much the same as other feeds on the market heres the bumph from there website for anyone interested  http://www.easy-grow...om-formulation/    thanks for posting olmec,peace

i think its really good m8 and its cheap, ive payed between £17-£22 per littre for it and thats enough to take 4 large plants through flower in a coco run to watse sytem running E.C.1.0-1.2 through out with a bit left over, so good for the pocket, it is only a molasess tea tho but the extra's in it get the thumbs up but as swilly said black treacle is good stuff if you dont go nuts with it

• 2scoops, Lab Rat, duke and 4 others like this

#6 Lizardking

Lizardking

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 05:13 PM

Gotta love the green planets massive...I much prefer it to canna boost all day long :)
  • Mrs Willy, 2scoops, Lab Rat and 7 others like this

#7 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,005 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 05:22 PM

@Mrs Willy i will try that one next outdoor grow theres some nice pics on there reviews,no canna obviously!yes the piss is good and keeps deer away if you do it regular enough,thanks for your input,peace

• Mrs Willy, fairy, Paulie and 2 others like this

#8 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 05:26 PM

Canna boost and Green Planets > Massive are very similar type boost except for NPK ratio and price you can get 4 liters of GPM for the price of 1liter of canna`s and tbh it`s even cheaper. It`s got all fulvic and humic acids, carbs, vits and natural occuring hormones like Triacontanol and Gibberlins etc which lots of the cheaper boosts don`t have in and more, a bargain i`d say, summink iv`e not used the past 2 or 3 grows and yield has been down.

This place has alot of things you can use cheaply to make boost products which i used to goto and buy stuff from quite often years back, steer clear of gibberlins though unless you know what your doing and i didn`t, it turns a she to he/she, well too much does. http://www.triplanta.../triaboost.html i stopped using these guys when i found out about GPM, i don`t know whether my home made type boost made any difference tbh i never took notes and iv`e forgot, i like to think it did, it was just the use of the hormone triacontanol i mostly wanted and this was a way if getting it into my plants done cheaply. :)

• Mrs Willy, The Dude Abides, Lab Rat and 10 others like this

#9 weedtroll

weedtroll

NaNaNa NaNaNaNa NaNaNa NaNaNaNa

• Respected User
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 05:41 PM

Might have to try some of these fangled stuffs :)

For me it's tomo, blackstrap and some PK13/14 and a bit of dolomite when I'm potting up.

All these silicones and canna a's and b's, tooti fruiti's and sherbert dibdabs is all to scary for the troll.

I stiick with the tommy food as it's simple chep and doesn't scream canna :D

• The Dude Abides, Lab Rat, duke and 4 others like this

#10 Ken Erbis

Ken Erbis

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 1,711 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 05:47 PM

I see many of you using molasses but are you using trichoderma to activate the soil or any micro life such as michoryzall?  They are not boosters as such but  can be added to your initial soil and in addition the michoryzall dusted onto the roots,I find they buffer the soil ph more effectively in addition to their intended uses to promote micro life and symbiosis.

• Mrs Willy, The Dude Abides, Lab Rat and 9 others like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: additives, boosters, nutrients, popular, opinions

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.