Photo
- - - - -

additives and boosters what really works?

additives boosters nutrients popular opinions

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#11 weedtroll

weedtroll

NaNaNa NaNaNaNa NaNaNa NaNaNaNa

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 05:50 PM

I see many of you using molasses but are you using trichoderma to activate the soil or any micro life such as michoryzall?  They are not boosters as such but  can be added to your initial soil and in addition the michoryzall dusted onto the roots,I find they buffer the soil ph more effectively in addition to their intended uses to promote micro life and symbiosis.

I'd forgot about mychor :D yeah I use that too :D

• duke, usibl and Ken Erbis like this

#12 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,599 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 05:59 PM

Superthrive is the daddy to use when you stressing out a plant, i love the stuff. I also like fulvic acid for helping keep my plants healthy and green from start to finnish and i very rarely see any yellowing of leaves when i use this stuff, it just helps chelate minerals and organic matter into summink the plant can use more quickly, it gets it to the places needed most by the plant faster more so for hydro and humic for soil. Silicon is summink i wouldn`t be without in any hydro grow, just cus of it`s ability to deter disease and bugs etc and it also helps with photsynthesis and much more if you look, you don`t need to worry about higher temps so much either when using this stuff, its naturally occuring in dirt but peeps still use it in soil as well, but out of all things mentioned silicon would be my first choice and summink i can`t do without during a grow, the rest i can if i`m broke, which usually is most of the time. :) .

• The Dude Abides, weedtroll, duke and 5 others like this

#13 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,003 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 06:12 PM

hi all i found this to be the most honest if some what long winded side by side test of various nutrients also of interest is the last bit where he talks about brix readings and how brix works to kill bugs if you get it right   https://www.vutra.or...-cannabis.9355/  its a long read so i suggest a cuppa and a spliff but its well worth the time and patience,peace

just for those of us not familiar with brix readings this explains how and why we would read brix in our crops,  Refractometers are used for quite a lot of things — drug diagnosis, gemology, veterinary medicine, aquarium upkeep and farming.

In gardens and farming it is an all-in-one tool that can be used to test the health of your crops, via a brix rating system. A refractometer uses refractive light passing through plant sap or fruit or vegetable juice to take a reading of nutrient levels. A high rating is good news for your crops — they should be healthy, disease and pest resistant, high in nutritional value and you’re likely to have a good harvest. A low rating means that your crop will not grow to its potential due to some external limiting factor, such as: a dilution of its nutrients due to high nitrate content, a mineral imbalance in the soil allowing weeds to flourish and take from your harvest, a low calcium content in the soil or a low/steady boron reading indicating an issue with the translocation of sugars within the plant.

The refractometer is a cheap and effective way to take the guesswork out of growing, by giving you a scientific guide as to the health of your crops and an indicator on what to do to make them grow to their potential. It has no moving parts and is simple and easy to read — it is a gauge using a numbered scale. It is one of the most valuable measuring tools we can use in our systems.

i will add to this that the brix is good when flushing as you can see exactly what food is in the plant,magic

• 2scoops, weedtroll, fairy and 5 others like this

#14 Hoon

Hoon

Strain Hoarder

• DJs
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 06:16 PM

green plant massive sounds interesting, no idea where to get it tho, i dont goto grow shops, an greens where i normally order from dont stock it.

i just use canna coco a + b little bit of there cannazym an rhizotonic if n when needed, cuttings, get seedlings going etc etc. an canna's pk . only things i have used thus far,

pritty much way lower dose then stated to, unless a run into somthing that demands more then i get closer to recommended doses. 

• 2scoops, duke, fairy and 2 others like this

#15 fairy

fairy

NFT

• Respected User
  • 1,475 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 12:07 PM

green planet massive yes indeedy... used it and sure it does the job... my next purchase when run out of AN stuff will go onto GPM again...

• 2scoops, revert, Lab Rat and 3 others like this

#16 Ken Erbis

Ken Erbis

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 1,711 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 12:31 PM

Another organic additive that does work on a couple of fronts is bat guano. It needs to be mixed in and the soil left to activate ideally a month or so before use. It can be very hot and burn plants if people use it incorrectly. It works on a number of fronts. All guano has an NPK ration and its down to the grower which NPK they use for the particular period of growth. I use plagron currently but have used guankalon and others. NPK of plagron is 3-15-4

The real reason for using this stuff though is not really to boost yield but to superboost taste and flavour. Anyone who has not smoked weed grown in guano has not smoked the tastiest weed imo.Sorry for stupid fecking change of script.

• The Dude Abides, 2scoops, weedtroll and 3 others like this

#17 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,599 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 12:43 PM

Another organic additive that does work on a couple of fronts is bat guano. It needs to be mixed in and the soil left to activate ideally a month or so before use. It can be very hot and burn plants if people use it incorrectly. It works on a number of fronts. All guano has an NPK ration and its down to the grower which NPK they use for the particular period of growth. I use plagron currently but have used guankalon and others. NPK of plagron is 3-15-4

The real reason for using this stuff though is not really to boost yield but to superboost taste and flavour. Anyone who has not smoked weed grown in guano has not smoked the tastiest weed imo.Sorry for stupid fecking change of script.

Give us an example of say adding plagron bat shite to a 12 liter pot of dirt Ken, how much as a general rule of thumb also what else do you sling in , iv`e been looking at plagron dirt just recently myself and wondering which one to buy theirs that many for diff stages of growth and all, or i may just buy a cheapie soil and add bat shite, if i go the organic route. Cheers m8

• weedtroll, duke, usibl and 1 other like this

#18 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,003 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 01:12 PM

green planet massive yes indeedy... used it and sure it does the job... my next purchase when run out of AN stuff will go onto GPM again...

ok guys you have convinced a cynic to invest 20 quid on a ltr of green planet massive and i will do a side by side same strain 2x vanilla kush clones from same mother and do 1 with my normal dp feed and superthrive and the other with the gpm both will start under 160w fluroes and flower under 250w mh/hps and i will see for myself,but if it dont work i will be back to complain!peace

• The Dude Abides, revert, fairy and 3 others like this

#19 Mrs Willy

Mrs Willy

Flump no1

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,163 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 01:40 PM

I may give this massive a go as well. If its as good as the cannaboost and 4+ times as cheap, a bit of a no brainer for me. WIll be interetsing to see if it outperforms the flower power with additional feed etc.

• 2scoops, weedtroll, duke and 3 others like this

#20 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,599 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 01:44 PM

ok guys you have convinced a cynic to invest 20 quid on a ltr of green planet massive and i will do a side by side same strain 2x vanilla kush clones from same mother and do 1 with my normal dp feed and superthrive and the other with the gpm both will start under 160w fluroes and flower under 250w mh/hps and i will see for myself,but if it dont work i will be back to complain!peace

This guy is cool and always in stealthy packaged.http://www.ebay.co.u...e-/181568897340

In all honesty i think Green Planet do some very appealing products at great prices compared to others

• weedtroll, duke, BudMan and 2 others like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: additives, boosters, nutrients, popular, opinions

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.