Photo
- - - - -

additives and boosters what really works?

additives boosters nutrients popular opinions

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#21 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 12,991 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 01:48 PM

I may give this massive a go as well. If its as good as the cannaboost and 4+ times as cheap, a bit of a no brainer for me. WIll be interetsing to see if it outperforms the flower power with additional feed etc.

if it works maybe we should all chip in and buy in bulk cheaper!but it has doubled my spend on nutrients and im a very skint hippy so have to be frugal but i will do it just out of interest if it works all the better if not i know what not to buy next time,if there is one,i looked at all the boosters and tried to find exact details whats in them but its surprising how little real detail other than boasts about there products even dutch pro whos explode stuff costs more than a weeks money to us dont realy tell you much,allways makes me suspicious as why hide the detail of something otherwise?peace

• 2scoops, weedtroll, fairy and 2 others like this

#22 olmec

olmec

earth bound misfit

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,428 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 01:50 PM

green plant massive sounds interesting, no idea where to get it tho, i dont goto grow shops, an greens where i normally order from dont stock it.

i just use canna coco a + b little bit of there cannazym an rhizotonic if n when needed, cuttings, get seedlings going etc etc. an canna's pk . only things i have used thus far,

pritty much way lower dose then stated to, unless a run into somthing that demands more then i get closer to recommended doses.

Get mine here always well packaged

http://www.greenspir...ics.com/massive
  • duke, fairy, Hoon and 2 others like this

#23 Hoon

Hoon

Strain Hoarder

• DJs
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 01:58 PM

cheers @olmec :hattip:

• duke, olmec and Horse Badorties like this

#24 olmec

olmec

earth bound misfit

• Respected User
  • 4,428 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 02:05 PM

Welcome pal
  • duke, Hoon and Horse Badorties like this

#25 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 12,991 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 02:10 PM

ive stickied this thread because i think it could be a good resource,peace

• 2scoops, weedtroll, fairy and 2 others like this

#26 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,585 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 03:32 PM

If you looking for a booster but not a pk type boost, well lots contain similar things, vitamins, carbs, amino acids , hormones and some even zymes, but not all contain the super dooper natural occuring PGR hormone tricacontanol like canna boost, green planets massive and i know advanced do a few pure organic additives/boosts containing it and i`m pretty sure BB & OD contain it too, but i`m not totally sure about that bit tbh, their maybe more as well i not really looked, but it`s this that bigs up the buds on the plant more so than owt else in it in these type of boosts and so takes these boosts to another level and to me these are all premium tyope boosts that makers charge premuim prices for except one, so it`s a no brainer really :) . You can buy Triacontanol powder pretty cheap but it`s about getting doses rigjht although iv`e looked into it b4 or lets say breezed through it and it`s pretty straight forward stuff and its all their on web to show you how to and how not too, you just gotta be carefull fucking around with PGR`s but Triacontanol is on the ok list and organic and naturally occuring in the plant as are all naturally occuring organic PGR`s , it`s the man made synthetic ones which are more for flowers, ornamentles and pesticides, so these are the ones which you should be weary of and probably steer clear of, although they are used in the weed industry by shady fekkers as it`s not a regulated industry like the food chain is, certain synthetic ones well they are known to out perform Tricacontanol which is why they are used by lets say cash croppers (cus we can) and even sneaked into certain products so you gotta be carefull, theirs a list somewhere on the web but i can`t find it, but Dutch Master Super Bud, Rox & Flower Dragon come to mind as dodgey boosts containing man made hormones from way back although i have read they have been revamped and smartened up since, but iv`e never read nothing official saying so only in threads on grow forums. Best way to avoid using any of these dodgey boosts is simply to look who makes them on the bottle and like fuck will it tell you if it does contain them like it does on all ferts, additives and boosts in big daft lettering on the front usually, like advanced, vitalink, gro-tec and canna`s and all the rest do, tell you why shall i, tis cus sneaky fucking peeps that do make them well are known big fert makers taking piss in an unregulated industry out to make more dosh than they do already, greedy cunts they are. But yes that`s what i was told avoid products if the manufactures name isn`t on the bottle anywhere even in small writing, when i first started growing by a good guy who knew his shit, cus it won`t be their on any of these shady products, their was a big storm about it a few years back, but well, fuck it i`m ranting totally off topic lol, i just thought i`d point it out whilst it was stuck in my nut. I could go on but it`s a bit vague now, tis just this popped in my head whilst we on about hormones and stuff. :) All that said not all synthetic are bad for your health, depending how you see it, some are bad to the enviroment and some both, i suppose that it depends which ones are used and if you willing to take that chance without looking into it a bit more.

• Budgie, Lab Rat, weedtroll and 8 others like this

#27 Hoon

Hoon

Strain Hoarder

• DJs
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 03:51 PM

quite the rant jimmy, cant quite decode which ones your trying to say are good, an which to avoid lol.

So, which are the (good)

• 2scoops, duke, usibl and 1 other like this

#28 Lab Rat

Lab Rat

Silent runningz

• Respected User
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 03:52 PM

Ive always thought Rhizo was a rip off..I tried rega root for a while but looks too chemical. Half the price of Rhizo tho.

I keep on meaning to do a comparison of a plant with or without Rhizo. Obviously good for 4 weeks but if you grow like me for 8-9 weeks veg do you really need to fork out for Rhizo? hmm. I used to use Plant Magic root stimulator in soil & that stuff gives good results too. :)

Green planet massive I just started adding to mine today week 2 will definitely add major bulk to buds but can cause rot if over used.

I would also like to see a molasses/treacle v expensive boosters comparison.

I use over drive too last 2 weeks & has benefits that are worth it imo.

• Budgie, 2scoops, weedtroll and 5 others like this

#29 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,585 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 04:08 PM

quite the rant jimmy, cant quite decode which ones your trying to say are good, an which to avoid lol.

So, which are the (good)

Just don`t buy owt without a manufactures name on bottle anywhere is a rule i always go by if buying a additive of this kind (owt with hormones in it) and if i buying online it`s pretty easy to find who makes a product b4 purchasing unless it`s a shady type one. :) But lets say synthetic are bad, naturally occuring ones in the plant not so bad, you just giving them more of what it produces anyhow with these, weed on steroids lol, it`s a fairly controversial subject growing with use of plant growth regulaters (PGR) or it used to be, i not really read into too much in recent years.

• Budgie, duke, Zipp and 4 others like this

#30 Ken Erbis

Ken Erbis

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 1,711 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 05:08 PM

Give us an example of say adding plagron bat shite to a 12 liter pot of dirt Ken, how much as a general rule of thumb also what else do you sling in , iv`e been looking at plagron dirt just recently myself and wondering which one to buy theirs that many for diff stages of growth and all, or i may just buy a cheapie soil and add bat shite, if i go the organic route. Cheers m8

Hi Jimmi

I make up 700 litres of soil at once and leave it to cook for a couple of months. I add about 500g of guano and about 300g blood, fish and bone meal. I then use a healthy scoop of TNC trichoderma and a bag of horse shit to get things cooking. All the soil is made from hot composting old soil, hedge clippings and garden stuff. Once it has cooked out and the heat drops It gets turned every day in a compost tumbler until temps rise again. All hedge clippings and garden waste goes through the lawn  mower to speed everything up. THIS IS PLAGRONS RECCOMENDATION BELOW BUT I WOULD GO A BIT EASIER UNTIL YOU SUSS IT.

Using Plagron - Bat Guano Soil Additive 5 Litre (3.28kg):

The high phosphorus content of Guano makes it an ideal fertilizer for the flowering stages. When re-potting plants into their final containers, mix guano into the substrate at a rate of 1 part for every 20 parts of coco or soil.

Guano can also be used to create a tea which can be used hydroponically without creating blockages in irrigation systems. The Guano must be soaked in water for a period of at least 12 hours and strained using a muslin cloth to filter out particles.

Plagron Bat Guano Soil Additive NPK: 3-15-4

Edited by Ken Erbis, 20 September 2015 - 05:09 PM.

• Budgie, The Dude Abides, 2scoops and 7 others like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: additives, boosters, nutrients, popular, opinions

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.