7 replies to this topic

#1 FT101

FT101

life is a garden dig it 😂

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 27 September 2015 - 09:21 PM

Wassup guys, was in my groom tonight and luckily caught a glimpse of some balls growing on a single branch in one of my plants, I snipped the whole branch. they are 1 week flowering tomorrow and I'm just wondering will I chuck the plant or keep a close eye incase they try to come back.
Unfortunately I broke my fone and I'm using an antique so have a few bad quality pics lol

1c811443110edda19b90e1895f0dfc25.jpgd32457ff7b321a537288961f2c6c96b4.jpg
  • Sprink likes this

#2 mellowed

mellowed

The Untroubled One

• Sleeping Mods
  • 4,266 posts

Posted 27 September 2015 - 09:24 PM

Not the best pic but looks about right mate.
Is the rest showing female bits or nothing?
  • FT101 and Sprink like this

#3 Mrs Willy

Mrs Willy

Flump no1

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,163 posts

Posted 27 September 2015 - 09:25 PM

if just one branch pic the bollox off and check for lightleaks inthe groom near that branch.

an odd one for sure.

but dont hack the whole plant, could just be a spaz pheno, or caused by light leak stressing it i reckon.

• duke, FT101, Hot Sausage and 1 other like this

#4 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,007 posts

Posted 27 September 2015 - 09:34 PM

what strain is it?if its got big bud in the genetics then its common for them to have random usually late flowering male parts and if just the odd branch then chop it of and keep yours eyes open would be best i reckon .

see the big bud is closer to hemp than cannabis and carries more genetic flaws that show as confused sexuality hence the need to cross bb with more stable strains,if its not bb related then either physical stress or a lightleak during lights of would be my first check,good luck

• Mrs Willy, FT101 and Sprink like this

#5 weedtroll

weedtroll

NaNaNa NaNaNaNa NaNaNa NaNaNaNa

• Respected User
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 27 September 2015 - 09:42 PM

Thats nuts ;)

• duke, FT101 and Sprink like this

#6 FT101

FT101

life is a garden dig it 😂

• Respected User
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 27 September 2015 - 09:46 PM

Not the best pic but looks about right mate.
Is the rest showing female bits or nothing?

Ano mate :( horrible camera on this wee fone lol, yea they are all showing a nice lump of pistols bar this one branch

if just one branch pic the bollox off and check for lightleaks inthe groom near that branch.
an odd one for sure.
but dont hack the whole plant, could just be a spaz pheno, or caused by light leak stressing it i reckon.

No mrs W the tent is very well put together andI never disturb them when lights out, I nearly chucked the plant and realised it was just the 1 branch with nuts

what strain is it?if its got big bud in the genetics then its common for them to have random usually late flowering male parts and if just the odd branch then chop it of and keep yours eyes open would be best i reckon .
see the big bud is closer to hemp than cannabis and carries more genetic flaws that show as confused sexuality hence the need to cross bb with more stable strains,if its not bb related then either physical stress or a lightleak during lights of would be my first check,good luck

It's northern lights crossed with............ big bud lol, the branch is off and gone, I'll keep a close eye on them, I never knew that about the BB genetics :o

Thanks for the quick response guys appreciate the help
  • weedtroll, duke and Sprink like this

#7 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,007 posts

Posted 27 September 2015 - 09:58 PM

i think it was that dj short dude on one of the breedbay videos explained how bb came about by accident and daddy was thought to be industrial hemp pollen from a farmers crop but because the hemp genes massively increased yeild they just crossed with known stable strain i believe an afghan was the female half of bb thats stable so guess nl should do the same,seed breeders dont shout about that bit,i wonder why?peace

• The Dude Abides, 2scoops and weedtroll like this

#8 Fonzee

Fonzee

Yekke Seeds breeder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 11:53 AM

Seems like full hermi. Cut the male flowering buds off and put the plant on the side of the grow space for a week to see if it pops more balls or if it is just a one time thing.

If it shows balls again - kill it.

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.