7 replies to this topic

#1 Lab Rat

Lab Rat

Silent runningz

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 07:05 PM

Well this might have been discussed already, I am just wondering coz it bugs if somehow you can reduce window size when we open a picture thats been directly uploaded.

When ever I upload my pics they always appear massive when you click on em..im sure you techys no wtf I am trying to say lol or maybe is a better way. I dont like way people upload their pics to gallery an u have to click off them rather than just clicking on right side of photo to see next pic..so I just upload mine direct.

If im being a finicky fucker just tell me to stfu :D

• Budgie, 2scoops, duke and 1 other like this

#2 KiefKat

KiefKat

TGC DJ

• Sleeping Mods
  • 3,620 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 07:12 PM

That problem seems to be occurring when people aren't resizing photo's before uploading, more on that from here.

• Lab Rat and duke like this

#3 Lab Rat

Lab Rat

Silent runningz

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 07:15 PM

ah thank Kief I will try n remember next time to edit them 1st. :hattip:

• 2scoops, duke and KiefKat like this

#4 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 08:21 PM

Just checked and the max attachment sizes are 8mb and/or 5120x3072....so thats the real reason they are showing up really large, because we're letting them be that big.

So something more reasonable like 1024x768 or 1280x720 (720p) is probably what we should set the limits to as that should fit peeps screens better.

• Mrs Willy, 2scoops, Lab Rat and 2 others like this

#5 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,003 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 08:36 PM

hi is there no way it can be set to do resize automatically when any photo is uploaded?then they would all be the same,as my paint has no resize option and i aint downloading nothing as my tiny brain is allready full!peace

• Mrs Willy, Budgie and Lab Rat like this

#6 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 08:54 PM

It sort of does that already @duke, but only for members who upload to the picture gallery first. Then you have options for three sizes to be diplayed, sml, med and large. I think these can be set to whatever we like - within limits of maximum size allowed to be uploaded

Its more of a problem with peeps who upload as an attachment directly to the post. The thumbnails are ok until clicked on, so thats why we should set a reasonable max size (HxW) 

p.s, your bog standard MS-Paint does have a resize option.Menu->Image->resize/skew-> use the percentage option and drop it down 50% or whatever. (Check the attributes.... menu->Image->Attributes to see what the size is) then save_as a jpg/png.

• duke likes this

#7 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 10:30 PM

Most cameras used to be 3:2 format (like 35 mm film), but I don't know now.

Maybe they're 4:3 like old TVs? Or perhaps they're 16:9 for newer displays (nobody prints stuff now it seems :( )

So perhaps HD resolution (1920 x 1080)?

Or, to keep ahead of the game and be ready for the next crop of displays, UHD (3840 x 2160)?

Whatever is decided, it should be noted that changing things may well affect existing uploads at some point.
  • Budgie likes this

#8 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,599 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 10:40 PM

Just checked and the max attachment sizes are 8mb and/or 5120x3072....so thats the real reason they are showing up really large, because we're letting them be that big.

So something more reasonable like 1024x768 or 1280x720 (720p) is probably what we should set the limits to as that should fit peeps screens better.

Yes i reckomn that`s the way and if anyone asks or says they can`t upload we will just have to point them in the right direction to picci the help thread or help with an explanation, i think it works like this on a few sites i use as well,

• Budgie and duke like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.