• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 KiefKat

KiefKat

TGC DJ

• Sleeping Mods
  • 3,620 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 11:27 AM

Funnily enough I don't get it on mine, but I've got a different (earlier) version of tapa on my phone and don't let it auto update.?

This is most likely the reason, I'll try an adblocker and see if that helps. Getting used to disregarding the "sponsored" advertisements anyway :P

• Budgie likes this

#12 Mrs Willy

Mrs Willy

Flump no1

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,163 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 11:30 AM

Could well be that the free version is the ones with ads and the purchased version does not include ads.

• Budgie likes this

#13 mellowed

mellowed

The Untroubled One

• Sleeping Mods
  • 4,266 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 01:46 PM

Could well be that the free version is the ones with ads and the purchased version does not include ads.

Ive got the paid version an now they are sneaking adds into it as well the cunts :(
  • Mrs Willy and KiefKat like this

#14 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 03:05 PM

Going through all the tapatalk settings for the forum

Here, or in the TT 'Dashboard' thing?

#15 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 03:08 PM

Going through all the tapatalk settings for the forum

Here, or in the TT 'Dashboard' thing?

on the tapatalk 'dashboard' thang. All ads and affiliate links have been disabled there, except their enable the disable, which has been enabled :)

I think its part of a strategy to allow 'in-app ads' to circumnavigate adblock :(

#16 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 03:21 PM

on the tapatalk 'dashboard' thang. All ads and affiliate links have been disabled there, except their enable the disable, which has been enabled :)

I think its part of a strategy to allow 'in-app ads' to circumnavigate adblock :(

If we're using the free version then it may be unavoidable (and perhaps even acceptable?) :(

After all, if you aren't paying for something then you aren't the customer, you're the product being sold ;)

I'm not sure about the 'Premium' offering — it mentions "Removal of Tapatalk Branding: Smart Banner, Tapatalk Signature" but not adverts, and the Terms are the same for both...

The Service may include advertisements, which may be targeted to users of your forum(s), the content or information on the Service, including your forum(s), or other information. The Service may also include paid affiliate links to third-party websites. The types and extent of advertising and affiliate links utilized by Tapatalk on the Service are subject to change.

In consideration for Tapatalk granting you access to and use of the Service, you agree that Tapatalk and its third party providers and partners may (i) place such advertising and affiliate links on the Service, and (ii) access your email database solely in connection with Tapatalk's invite a friend feature which allows users to invite friends to join your forum, and trending email service which sends emails to forum users letting them know of top conversations in the forum.

Tapatalk Forum Publisher License Agreement And Terms Of Use

• Budgie likes this

#17 Mrs Willy

Mrs Willy

Flump no1

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,163 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 06:18 PM

I have selected the groups that are to be opted out of ads, in the admin panel. These were previously unselected by the looks of things.

Fingers crossed it may work, but i doubt it would make any difference. 

• Budgie likes this

#18 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 11:18 PM

Bumping for feedback from Tapatalk users... Do you still see an inline advert between the first couple of posts on a page?

#19 mrsDeeks

mrsDeeks

Mrs Deeks

• Banned
  • 10,342 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 11:25 PM

I did yes but i've signed out and uninstalled app after what i have leaned tonight about them. i don't want spying on

#20 smokin soul

smokin soul

droplets of yes and no in an ocean of maybe

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 11:40 PM

no ads on mine, im on the free version, dont know how up to date it is

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.