Photo
- - - - -

Tapatalk users: Did you know that every link you click is sent to a marketing company?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#11 MrBong.uk

MrBong.uk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 08:37 PM

So for us pensioners who are techno fails if tapatalk is not that safe,how do I upload pics for me diary do I need photo bucket or some thing?

Depends what you are using really, iPhone and iPad can upload images directly to the forum just as you would on a desktop,
Upload your photos into an album in the gallery and then when your in the text editor there is a button you push that let's you choose your images "my gallery" I believe the button says, somewhere near the middle in amongst all te buttons in the text editor.
There is a guide on here somewhere, it is really simple though when you get your head round it.

You can upload directly from the gallery as well by copying the share links, this gives you the added benefit of being able to choose between 3 different image sizes

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
MrBong.uk Seeds, Vapes, Bongs, Pipes,
Ecig & Juices

• mrsDeeks and Zephyr like this

#12 uk Percy

uk Percy

Cannabis Tree Surgeon

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 06:03 AM

Don't use it so iam ok.
  • MrBong.uk likes this

#13 Mrs Willy

Mrs Willy

Flump no1

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,163 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 03:43 PM

Would be good to get some peoples views on whether they would see us dropping tapatalk as a major issue.

As mr bong says, on apple phones you can, using the non mobile skin , upload pics.

Apart from uploading pics, is there anyone out there who would see tapatalk as a big loss?

Its not just the ads...

They want to charge admins around £100 per year to allow tapatalk ads and tapatalk siggys (sent from my iphone using tapatalk), to be disabled... when previously this was free. We are not going to pay that extortionate amount and there is no way, even if we paid, to disable these marketing thingys going off. On a VPN, it would keep you anonymous as only a VPN can do it.

My view is that we do not want to alientate members, hence why it would be good to see if anyone is solely reliant on tapatalk, then i think we would probably keep it. But at the moment with the recent changes to tapatalk, it presents risks and posts spammy sigs and tapatalk adverts, so we should consider ditching it.

Please do shout if you are solely reliant on tapatalk and what type of mobile device you have.  Pm me or any mod  if thats easier.

Cheers

Mrs Willy

• Budgie, K.D.R.G.M, Slippery and 1 other like this

#14 MrBong.uk

MrBong.uk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 05:33 PM

Tapa is convenient but you really miss out on features of the forum, I must admit I do use it a lot on mobile devices but tbh I wouldn't be that fussed to see it go if it meant better security for you guys.

The only issue I could see is people on older devices that probably can't upload from a browser, everyone might be happy at the moment but in the future new users might have issues. Also loading web pages uses more data than tapa so could see people eating up mobile data quicker, especially if your using a VPN and your spoofing in another country.

The truth is you are safer in a browser anyway, there are plenty of browsers and search engines out there that don't track you and like you say a decent VPN will help cover your tracks, read the privacy policy before buying a VPN, if they keep records then they must share if asked by the government/ police. The better VPN don't keep the records in the first place. It's all in the privacy policy though.

Maybe a tgc app? That would put you in front of the game.
You should have a thread on security that's bang at the top of the home page for everyone to see, explaining how we are being tracked and monitored and more importantly how to protect yourself, what browsers, search engines, VPN to use.
I can put something together for you if you want but it might take a week or so, stacked out at the moment on the website optimising for Google and adding products

Would you like me to delete my tapa sig?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
MrBong.uk Seeds, Vapes, Bongs, Pipes, Ecig & Juices
  • Mrs Willy, Budgie and K.D.R.G.M like this

#15 scooby

scooby

Fill that bong, spark that joint up, let's get stoned.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 05:36 PM

That'll be me uninstalling tapa then. Thanks for heads up.
  • K.D.R.G.M and MrBong.uk like this

#16 mellowed

mellowed

The Untroubled One

• Sleeping Mods
  • 4,266 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 12:40 AM

Big tapatalk user :(
Fuck em.
Will find another platform. :)
  • mrsDeeks, K.D.R.G.M, scooby and 1 other like this

#17 scooby

scooby

Fill that bong, spark that joint up, let's get stoned.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 12:28 PM

I just use the big forum version like on the pc when on phone. Pain in the arse for the gallery since I don't have flash 9 on my phone for the most recent uploader but it works. the only thing is I cant post the pics from my gallery with the phone (Samsung S5) so when posting updates I just go to a computer.

appart from that I feel safer doing it that way now I read this thread.

Cheers

Scooby

• Mrs Willy and K.D.R.G.M like this

#18 mrs beef

mrs beef

generally stoned

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,700 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 01:41 PM

Only really use tapatalk [emoji4]
  • Mrs Willy and K.D.R.G.M like this

#19 nida

nida

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 05:34 PM

Only use tapatalk cos I use the phone can't let the mr know I'm posting on here so never use the pc .. But I suppose could just go on to the main site with phone tapatalk just easier :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • mrsDeeks and K.D.R.G.M like this

#20 sweetsmoker

sweetsmoker

Cannasseur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 05:52 PM

All that's very upsetting :(

But anything free with millions of users has government/us and uk backing

Used to love tapa but lots of sites I use have dumped it,it's just so easy to see sites I know I miss lots of on screen stuff but I'm a stoner and it's easy :)
:puffpuff: lem kush - pass

But just turned it on and it has just thrown a new pop up stating " can I have access to your location even when not using "
getting intrusive now :(

LLAP \\//,
  • K.D.R.G.M and scooby like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.