18 replies to this topic

#1 MrBong.uk

MrBong.uk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 07:34 PM

Oh wow I've only just discovered this part of the forum, so much nice food you guys are cooking up.

I'll try get some recipes up if I remember to take some photos while I'm cooking.

Righty then so back on subject.
Me and Mrs bong made some chocolate last night
Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445196379.226332.jpg   697.92KB   7 downloads

It was bloody lovely, half a tub of coco powder, icing sugar and normal sugar, butter, water and cream (the recipe said milk but I decided cream would be better), oh and a dash of vanilla essence.
We stuck it in the freezer overnight to set as you can see from the frost in the picture.
They tasted amazing but there is one issue, if you leave them out of the fridge the chocolate goes soft and goey, not like a solid bar of chocolate, you can still pick it up but it gets all over your fingers, Very messy.
Need to work on the recipe, next I'm going to try substitute butter for coconut oil in the hope it will bind it better.

Coming soon MrBong.uk chocolate bars free with every order. Just as soon as I've cast some moulds and finished the recipe

Does anyone else make chocolate?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
MrBong.uk Seeds, Vapes, Bongs, Pipes,
Ecig & Juices

Edited by MrBong.uk, 18 October 2015 - 07:38 PM.

• Mrs Willy, hazed bunny, mrsDeeks and 2 others like this

#2 mrsDeeks

mrsDeeks

Mrs Deeks

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 09:03 PM

They look yummy! :)  i have never attempted to make actual chocolate, sounds good.  Good luck

• hazed bunny and MrBong.uk like this

#3 MrBong.uk

MrBong.uk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 09:54 PM

It's very easy and well worth the effort, the method we used was cheating really. You are meant to use cocoa beans and a few other ingredients that aren't in your average supermarket, it takes 10-12 hours as well, we just thought we would give it a try and see how it comes out, most of the ingredients we had in the cupboard anyway, just had to get icing sugar.

Here are the ingredients
2 cups (220g) cocoa powder strategy (we used bourneville coco powder)
3/4 cup (170g) butter, softened at room temperature (coconut oil on the next batch)
1/2 cup (100g) sugar
2/3 cup (150ml) milk, room temperature (we used cream)
1/4 cup (30g) powdered sugar (icing sugar)
1 cup (235ml) water

Stir the coco powder into the softened butter, keep mixing until you get all the lumps out and it's mixed up pretty good.
Add the water to a saucepan bring it to the boil then take the heat down to a simmer then add the coco butter mixture and stir it in well until it's a nice consistency, at this point the recipe has you take the mix out of the pan but I wouldn't bother, next time I'll be leaving it in the pan just take it off the heat.
Add all of the sugar and milk or cream then mix it up again till everything is consistent then put it back on the heat stirring constantly to bring it back up to a simmer.
Next pour it into whatever moulds you have, we used a muffin tray and a silicon baking dish.

I've got some modelling clay so next up I'm planning on sculpting some little clay chocolate bars with MrBong.uk etched into the top, then make a latex mould of that and pour plaster of Paris into that and make roughly 20-30 plaster chocolate bars.
Then it'll either be a case of finding a local company that can vacuum form me some chocolate trays or make a silicon tray.

Friends are gonna love that when they come round and there is an extreme q sat on the table with a bowl of MrBong.uk chocolate bars to munch on beside it [emoji2]

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
MrBong.uk Seeds, Vapes, Bongs, Pipes, Ecig & Juices

Edited by MrBong.uk, 18 October 2015 - 09:58 PM.

• hazed bunny and mrsDeeks like this

#4 mrsDeeks

mrsDeeks

Mrs Deeks

• Banned
  • 10,342 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 10:39 PM

I think that's a fab idea, you could make wonka style bars with golden discount tickets :D 

Im going to give the recipe a try :)

• hazed bunny and MrBong.uk like this

#5 MrBong.uk

MrBong.uk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 09:15 AM

That's a really good idea with the discount codes I never thought of that lol

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
MrBong.uk Seeds, Vapes, Bongs, Pipes,
Ecig & Juices

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
  • hazed bunny and mrsDeeks like this

#6 hazed bunny

hazed bunny

doing bunny stuff

• Sleeping Mods
  • 15,201 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 03:00 PM

Awwww yummy. Think you should do what mrs d says be awesome that lol
  • mrsDeeks and MrBong.uk like this

#7 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,603 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 03:04 PM

I think that's a fab idea, you could make wonka style bars with golden discount tickets :D

Im going to give the recipe a try :)

Sling in some of that magic oil you and your old fella use as well, get mashed up on chocolate, yummy yummy in my tummy, lol. :)

• hazed bunny, mrsDeeks and MrBong.uk like this

#8 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 03:43 PM

>used cream
>product didn't set properly

I wonder... Perhaps cream is too fatty and/or doesn't have enough "non-fat milk solids" to set satisfactorily?

ETA: And if that is a factor, then I suspect that using coconut oil instead of butter won't help (and it certainly won't taste the same)
  • MrBong.uk likes this

#9 MrBong.uk

MrBong.uk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 04:30 PM

Awwww yummy. Think you should do what mrs d says be awesome that lol

Yeah I do like the sound of that, wonky willy and the bong factory style :-)

Sling in some of that magic oil you and your old fella use as well, get mashed up on chocolate, yummy yummy in my tummy, lol. :)

That should get some return customers hahaha

>used cream
>product didn't set properly

I wonder... Perhaps cream is too fatty and/or doesn't have enough "non-fat milk solids" to set satisfactorily?

ETA: And if that is a factor, then I suspect that using coconut oil instead of butter won't help (and it certainly won't taste the same)

Possibly could be down to the fat content, I know the recipe called for cocoa powder strategy, not sure what it is and when I googled it there wasn't much info so just thought it might be a typo and used bournville, could possibly maybe be something to do with it I'm not sure.
Well I use coconut oil for most things anyway so I'll be trying it in the next batch regardless, My logic was that coconut oil goes rock hard again once it's cooled down so it might help to harden them, I really don't know though, just trial and error atm, all I know is it's not a proper recipe for chocolate but it tastes amazing, like the chocolate you get on a cake that's still soft to the touch, in the mixing bowl it didn't taste that great but after roughly 12 hours in the freezer they tasted pucka, just too soft to leave on a plate out of the fridge.

Another thing I've been wondering is what the shelf life is like, milk and butter don't laste too long out of the fridge.
I do want to do this properly and buy all the right ingredients once I've learnt a bit more, me and Mrs bong both love chocolate and the thought of being able to add anything you want to it is really appealing, supermarkets have a small range of chocolate really and there are never any new flavours out, Also I like to know what goes in my food.

I'll keep trying different things and report back here with my findings, gonna try get to the health shop and get some hemp and chia this week and chuck that in with some dried fruit.

• hazed bunny, 2scoops and mrsDeeks like this

#10 MrBong.uk

MrBong.uk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 04:39 PM

Here's one for the Ferrero Rocher fans, Mrs bong made these a few weeks ago and you really can't tell the difference in taste

Slimming World - Ryvita Ferrero Rocher

Ingredients

5 Ryvita
1 and a half tbsp Nutella

Method

Crumble Ryvita into a bowel, add Nutella and mix well.
Divide into little bun cases and leave in fridge to set.
Should make approx 20 Ferrero Rocher.

Ryvita Ferrero Rocher (2)

Ingredients

8 Ryvitas
4 level tbsp Nutella
1 level tbsp syrup
1 tbsp water

Method

Same as above. Should make around 30 Ferrero Rochers.

• mrsDeeks likes this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.