No replies to this topic

#1 gingerb

gingerb

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 09:33 PM

Just throwing this on to the circle incase anyone has a vape on there xmas list etc.

Anyway I've actually owned this Ascent now for just over a year, this is currently my

first very vape. But lets say I've very happy with it, but there was a slight learning curve

to using it. I've almost now 85% of the time convert to it, over rolling up a joint.

So see below some photos, the Ascent is roughly the size of one of those old remington shavers or a fat old

skool mobile phone. I stress the Ascent is marketed as a portable, but I've only used it indoors so far.

Attached File  ascent1.jpg   667.1KB   0 downloads

This the ascent it has an on/off botton on top where the extendable glass pipe is hidden.

The bottom quarter of the ascent swivels to reveal the ceramic bowl that roughly holds about 0.23g

of ground bud of your choice. You also receive with the ascent x2 glass jars that you can use to insert

into the ceramic bowl to vape oil or hash. So far I've not had any oil or hash to try this method.

Attached File  ascent2.jpg   443.94KB   0 downloads

Attached File  ascent3.jpg   861.57KB   0 downloads

You can see the already vaped bud in my ceramic bowl the above photos.

(The vape bud is still usable for cooking use, as I discovered last week)

Attached File  ascent4.jpg   524.05KB   0 downloads

You see on the front of the Ascent you get a digital display that displays your current temp,

you can program a set time to vape on different temps also. It also has a nice little auto shut

of sensor that if not moved for few mins shuts the vape off.

I'm currently using a program that vapes at the x3 different temps,

eg starts at 185 for 4 mins, then goes to 195 for 4 mins and then finally goes to 205 for 4mins.

I feel there is a slight delay in the high but this may just be me, but so far if on the rare occasion

I'd done x2 bowls in an evening I've had some crazy highs and problems getting to my bed.

The high is alot stronger then smoking a joint but it would due to vaporizering your bud,

but the main thing your notice is the taste of your bud. You can actually taste the different

bud so clearly in the ascent. So far I've still not found the perfect strain of bud I really

like the flavour it gives via the Ascent but I thinking I am getting closer. The sweeter

strains I've found so far do taste better vaporizering, things like sweet tooth, blueberry,

pineapple xpress, cheese etc.

As for the technique of using the Ascent, that took me a while to start with. Basically

when you take pulls on the glass pipe on the top of the ascent you have to image

your slowly sucking/drawing on a straw from a thick milkshake. But slowly and for

up to roughly 10secs or so, then your slowly exhale. Depending on how cured dry

your ground bud is your don't always get that much visible vape coming from your

exhale. But you will notice more visible vape when you temp is increased on the Ascent.

Main reason I purchased the vape was to get away from rolling a joint and also

more health reasons as I run fairly regularly. So far it's really done the job, every

so often I do have urges for a joint. But since using the vape I've seen major

improvements on my running and I don't feel any joint smoking stress on my chest

after vaping the night before a gym session.

Sorry I've been rambling, as you can prob tell I rate the Ascent.

But I would like to try a few others at some point in time.

• olmec and WalterEgo420 like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Vape, Davinci, Ascent

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.