27 replies to this topic

#11 uk Percy

uk Percy

Cannabis Tree Surgeon

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 05:33 AM

Yer until you child goes in there makes ham and canna salad sandwich. Lol 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Edited by uk Percy, 28 October 2015 - 05:34 AM.

• 2scoops, Lab Rat, duke and 4 others like this

#12 mrsDeeks

mrsDeeks

Mrs Deeks

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 02:09 PM

No danger of my kids serving themselves salad [emoji38]
  • Lab Rat, duke, olmec and 3 others like this

#13 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 02:27 PM

i think the reason for the bag is more to protect the plant cells from freezing

I thought it was to provide a stable atmosphere by regulating humidity (keeping it high) and temperature, and perhaps to prevent condensation forming on the plant when warm, damp air is introduced (every time the door is opened).
  • Dekay, 2scoops, Lab Rat and 5 others like this

#14 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,003 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 05:40 PM

I thought it was to provide a stable atmosphere by regulating humidity (keeping it high) and temperature, and perhaps to prevent condensation forming on the plant when warm, damp air is introduced (every time the door is opened).

hi missy that makes sense,it seems strange experimenting on an annual plant as im more used to long lived trees and we use the fridge for bonsai trees if sending them abroad they travel better dormant and no stress makes for a happy tree,i recently was gifted a quite rare tree that has been grown from cryogenically preserved plant cells that i thought was amazing how the hell do the plant cells survive in liquid nitrogen?anyway the tree was grown in a lab by micropropagation they can make replicas from a few cells that can become some of the biggest trees in the world!peace

• 2scoops, Lab Rat, mrsDeeks and 3 others like this

#15 Monty Bong

Monty Bong

strumming my banjo

• Respected User
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 06:36 PM

Good to see a thread on this topic on this forum. It's a great way of keeping genetics when a grower doesn't have room to keep mother plants. I had a crack at this a while ago, only kept them in the fridge for about 6 weeks, had about 6 out of 10 success rate if I remember right. I used ZipLock bags, just misted the cuts with water, sealed the bag and put them in the fridge. It was amazing, any other green thing I put in the fridge would have gone rotten within a week or so, the canna cuts looked exactly the same as when they went in 6 weeks earlier!

They did take a little longer than usual to show roots though.

The most interesting part of this method I found was the fact that it made it possible (in UK Autumn and Winter) to spread the genetic love man  :love:

• Dekay, 2scoops, Lab Rat and 6 others like this

#16 The Clone Ranger

The Clone Ranger

THE YORKSHIRE PUDDING

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 07:21 PM

Good to see a thread on this topic on this forum. It's a great way of keeping genetics when a grower doesn't have room to keep mother plants. I had a crack at this a while ago, only kept them in the fridge for about 6 weeks, had about 6 out of 10 success rate if I remember right. I used ZipLock bags, just misted the cuts with water, sealed the bag and put them in the fridge. It was amazing, any other green thing I put in the fridge would have gone rotten within a week or so, the canna cuts looked exactly the same as when they went in 6 weeks earlier!

They did take a little longer than usual to show roots though.

The most interesting part of this method I found was the fact that it made it possible (in UK Autumn and Winter) to spread the genetic love man  :love:

I was thinking the same MB :)

• 2scoops, Monty Bong, Lab Rat and 2 others like this

#17 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,003 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 05:39 PM

hi all just a quick update on my 2 experimental clones after 9 weeks and 4 days in the fridge they got evicted from the fridge and returned to the fluroe drobe i gave them a feed and a couple of days to acclimatise and have potted them on into 6inch pots of coco the roots look as good as when i put them in the fridge no noticable growth on them or the foliage which looks surprisingly green still,

the plan is to veg them for a few weeks and see how they grow before either returning them to the fridge or flowering them of,either way i will take some more cuts and keep the cycle going i will get some pics tonight and do regular updates of progress,i love experiments and hope to learn for myself what i can make work,i have also put some cuts in small test tubes secreted in the fridge just to see what happens,peace

• Dekay, 2scoops, Monty Bong and 4 others like this

#18 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,003 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 09:12 PM

hi again first pics of the fridge clones in new pots diddy aint they?  

Attached Files

• Budgie, Dekay, 2scoops and 4 others like this

#19 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,603 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 09:14 PM

Not too bad :P
  • duke, Paulie and Horse Badorties like this

#20 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,003 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 01:02 PM

hi all i thought i would update this thread that i tbh had forgotten to finish,but both the clones in the pics grew well and made a regular sort of sized crop for my setup so this method works using the ziplock bag method described at my op if you do not forget them,the test tube ones did not survive they had mould on after 5 weeks,peace

• Budgie, 2scoops, Lab Rat and 2 others like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: clones, refridgeration, storage, saving genetics, plant stasis

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.