2 replies to this topic

#1 MrBong.uk

MrBong.uk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 08:23 PM

Well hello TGC, I am here today with my first product review.

So please take a moment to roll a fat one or load up a bowl then lets get started

ViVape2_by_Vaporfection_Box_Accessories_

Today for your enjoyment I have a review for the lovely ViVape2 by Vaporfection, What a vape it is too, I have been using this vape for over a week now and i can tell you from the bottom of my heart it works great and I personally think its up there with my personal favorite the Extreme Q.

ViVape2_by_Vaporfection_Box_medium.JPG?v

From the moment you open the packaging you can see it's a quality product, The main unit comes suspended in plastic packaging protecting it in transit from any bumps and all the accessories come safely stored in a tray underneath the vape.

ViVape2_by_Vaporfection_Accessories_Tray

The vape itself measures 8 inches across, 5 inches wide and just over 2 and a half inches high and weighs in at 28 ounces. The Top and Bottom of the unit are made from hard plastic and comes in a choice of white or black, It is finished off nicely with a brushed aluminium band around the unit.

Lets start with the Top of the ViVape, Built into the plastic is a 2 x 1.5 inch touchscreen making the whole vaping experience so much easier, The second you switch the power on the screen lights up as well as the herb chamber (More about that later) and a fairly quiet fan kicks in as the heating up procedure begins. 

ViVape2_by_Vaporfection_Screen_medium.JP

On the first screen you are prompted to set how long the unit is switched on for before it automatically shuts down, Anywhere from 15 minutes up to 3 hours, After that time the vape goes into a cool down mode where the heat is turned off and the fan continues to run and extract heat before powering off completely. It's as simple as pressing the plus or minus buttons on the touchscreen to adjust the temperature, When you are happy press "Set" on the touchscreen and it moves you onto the next screen.

Once you have set the shutdown time the next screen is where you choose your desired temperature, You have a choice between Fahrenheit or Celsius so there is no confusion just pick your temperature and hit the "Set" button and you will see the temperature readout quickly climb up to your chosen temperature, When the ViVape has reached the desired temperature you see the readout on the touchscreen sit there absolutely perfectly with no fluctuation it really is precise. You'll also see the text change from Red to Green indicating that the vape is up to temperature and ready to use.

The 3rd and final screen displays the current temperature which you can click on to go back and adjust. Now another nice thing about this vape is the addition of two buttons on the screen letting you choose between bag and whip mode, You can set a different temperature for either mode which is then saved and used as default the next time you switch the vape back on, In bag mode the fan spins up faster allowing the bags to be filled quicker, There is no reason why you can't use whip mode to inflate the bag slower but to be honest I've had no problems in bag mode, Any herb that has been put in the heating chamber has come out a dark brown colour and the vapour in the bag has been second to none. So that's covered the top of the ViVape lets move on and have a look at the rest of it.

ViVape2_by_Vaporfection_Close_Up_medium.

On the front of the unit built into the aluminium band is a Glass socket,This is where you plug in the glass herb chamber. With a temperature range of 34c right up to 230c this vape really does have the capability to get hot so watch your fingers. When the unit first powers on you'll see the Glass Ring light up an amber colour this tells you the vape is heating up, When it has changed from amber to blue its ready to start using, This is a really neat feature and just finishes off the look of the product nicely.

On the back you have a fused power socket which is the same as most Kettles/ Monitors/ Printers which is quite handy.

So what else comes in the box i hear you ask, Well we have a few bits and pieces.

• 5 X SCREEN REPLACEMENTS
  •  
  • 2 X CUSTOM TAPERED BAGS
  •  
  • 2 X STIR STICKS
  •  
  • 2 X MEDICAL GRADE TIE WRAPS
  •  
  • 1 X POWER CORD
  •  
  • 1 X MEDICAL GRADE HOSE (3 FEET)
  •  
  • 1 X WAND/WHIP GLASS MATERIAL CONTAINER
  •  
  • 1 X GLASS MOUTHPIECE
  •  
  • 1 X VAPOR VALVE
  •  
  • 1 X OWNER'S MANUAL
  •  
  • 1 X OWNER REGISTRATION CARD

So how does it work?

ViVape2_by_Vaporfection_Accessories_medi

Now we have got the vape all set up and running, It's best to leave new vapes running on the highest temperature for roughly half an hour to burn off any oil residue that may get left behind in the manufacturing process, While that is going on now is the time to familiarise yourself with the other components.

To start with we will set up the whip as you will need it anyway to inflate bags so it seems like a good place to start, If we go back to the box and lift out the plastic tray that the vape was sat in we find this neatly arranged tray of whip attachments which includes two glass globes and the whip tube.

If you look carefully at the glass globes you'll notice one is larger than the other, The larger of the two globes has a tapered end and plugs straight into the glass socket on the front of the ViVape, This glass globe heats up to whatever temperature you set on the screen so be very very careful when handling it as it will get extremely hot. The whip then slots onto the other end of the globe, Yep you have guessed it the smaller globe then pushes into the other end of the whip tube giving you a nice glass mouthpiece, In the bag of accessories you'll also find some plastic mouthpieces that push over the glass end to keep it clean and germ free. Ok so that's the whip set up lets look at how the herb is heated.

When you look inside of the big glass globe you will see a metal screen, This is in place to stop any herb travelling up the whip tube and into your mouth, It also makes the ViVape a dream to load, Simply grind up your chosen herb and hold the tapered end of the glass globe just above the herb, When in position just suck on the mouthpiece until you have enough herb in the globe, When you are happy plug it into the ViVape and enjoy the vapor. The whole process really couldn't be any simpler and it is a real joy compared to some of the other vaporisers i have tried in the same price range.

That's the whip set up next lets have a look at the bag and how that works

valve_assembly_medium.JPG?v=1445810429

First you will want to find the piece of Silicon tube from the bag of accessories, take one of the bags and slide the open end through the tube, Next take the green mouthpiece and insert the wide end into the bag then pull back the tube over the green mouthpiece, Hey presto that's it one sealed bag easy as that, there is no reason why you can't use any bag you like with this vape, even a bin liner if that's what you wanted.

Then it's as easy as loading the herb chamber into the ViVape and plug the bag to the other end of the whip, I found if you leave the valve switched off for a minute then it gives the glass a chance to heat up and it doesn't waste any vapor.

empty_bag_medium.JPG?v=1445810414

When the glass is up to temperature open the valve and the bag will inflate taking just over a minute to inflate.

full_bag_medium.JPG?v=1445810422

All in all this is a very nice vape and it works extremely well, So much so that I have decided to add this one to my personal collection where it will sit proudly with its head held high.

Don't despair though i still have more in stock over at MrBong.uk

Thank you for taking the time to read this review, Stay tuned for more products and reviews coming soon

Edited by MrBong.uk, 26 October 2015 - 08:26 PM.

• mellowed, smokin soul, duke and 1 other like this

#2 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 02:55 PM

Sounds a well made vape and i was lookinf at review on this the other day on youtube and they seemed to enjoy it too, but it would do my head in a bit using the whip if the fan didn`t turn of automatic like it does on the Arizer after each draw.

• MrBong.uk likes this

#3 MrBong.uk

MrBong.uk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 05:50 PM

Yeah I'm pleased with it so far, You are right what you say about the fan, it would be nice to be able to switch that off. I think the fan may be to protect the internal circuits as well though, I'm not sure. It's the only vape I've ever used that has a cool down mode before switching off so I guess that's something to do with circuit protection.

I like to leave the globe in the vape while it's all heating up, When the glass is nice and hot then Hoover some herb up into the chamber and away you go.
In between vapes I keep my thumb over the end of the hose, I thought it would make it get too hot but It keeps the temperature perfect and doesn't waste any vape in between tokes.

It's worth mentioning that the two modes have different fan speeds as well, Bag mode has a faster speed to inflate the bag quicker but whip mode is a lot slower and it's not blowing that hard down the pipe so your not getting vapor pumped down your throat

Maybe a little valve, or even the bag valve could be used I guess, I'm quite happy just using my thumb though, when I'm vaping that whip doesn't leave my hand anyway lol

Edit:
Come to think of it even with the extreme q I sit there with my thumb over the tube, the thought of the heat travelling up the tube with all that lovely vapor

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
MrBong.uk Seeds, Vapes, Bongs, Pipes, Ecig & Juices

Edited by MrBong.uk, 27 October 2015 - 05:52 PM.

• 2scoops and duke like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.