630 replies to this topic

#1 denots

denots

oil me up before you go go

• Sleeping Mods
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 10:30 PM

POPULAR

Hi everyone, I thought it was about time a done thread showing the way I make my oil. There are a few different ways people make there oil but this is my way. I've been making it this way for a few years now and find it bang on. This should be done outdoors for extra safety but it was raining a bit so I did it inside my conservatory with loads of fresh air..

First off a look at everything I use to make it.

Isopropyl alcohol or isopropanol, 

NO SMOKING AND NO NAKED FLAMES WHEN USING ISO YOU COULD BLOW UP.

DSC 0994

½oz Exodus Cheese, 1 Crock Pot, 1 Mason Jar, 1 Kilner Jar, 1 large Coffee filter, 1 Silicon spatula, 1 syringe, And most importantly a FAN, FAN, FAN, I can't stress this enough if your doing this indoors, and make sure your next to an open window.

DSC 0981

Put the weed in the mason jar and give it a good smash about with the spatula. Pour just enough ISO into the jar to cover the weed, put the lid back on the mason jar and give it a good shake for about a minute, Then let it stand for 10 minutes, making sure all the weed is in the ISO.

DSC 0982
DSC 0983

After the 10 minutes are up, open the jar and take the centre piece out of the lid, and replace it with the coffee filter.

DSC 0984

Give the jar a swirl to loosen the weed, then tip it upside down into a Kilner jar big enough so the neck of the mason jar goes in.

DSC 0985

Leave it until all the ISO has been filtered into the kilna jar.

DSC 0986
DSC 0987

Repeat the process, cover with ISO, give it a bash, leave 10 minutes. quick swirl and filter into kilna jar. If you want to do it a third time you can, but i do mine twice, Then I throw the weed away.

DSC 0988
DSC 0989

Set the crock pot up by an open window, as open as possible, and set up a fan behind it so it can push the fumes from the ISO out the window, I should have used a bigger fan but It's being used in the groom, so I've had to do it with a smaller fan, but there's plenty of windows open. TURN THE FAN ON, pour the ISO from the kilna jar into the crock pot and turn it on high

DSC 0992
DSC 0991
DSC 0995

As the ISO heats up it will start to evaporate and leave a bit of an oil slick up the sides of the pot. just give the pot a sloosh round and the ISO will take it off.

DSC 0996

As the ISO evaporates it darkens, when It's near the bottom I put a hammer handle under one side off the crock pot so it concentrates the puddle.

DSC 0998
DSC 0999

When all the ISO has gone from the pot the oil will be still with no bubbles. Then add a couple of drops of water into the oil, It will start to bubble again, once the bubbling has stopped the oil is ready. The water is added to the oil to make sure all the ISO has gone, as water boils at a higher temp than ISO, so if the water is boiling off it means the ISO has been boiled off.

DSC 1000
DSC 1002

Then all you have to do is syringe it up while It's hot. It will go hard but all you need to do is run the syringe under hot water when you need to use it.

The finished product.

DSC 1003

Happy oil days.

• Mrs Willy, Budgie, Dekay and 54 others like this

#2 Mrs Willy

Mrs Willy

Flump no1

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,163 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 10:49 PM

Great stuff mate.

Stickied.

:)

• duke, Zipp, denots and 5 others like this

#3 denots

denots

• Sleeping Mods
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 10:52 PM

Thanks Swills, I had a bit of this oil before i started this thread at about 6 o/clock lol.

• Mrs Willy, Dekay, smokin soul and 8 others like this

#4 FT101

FT101

life is a garden dig it 😂

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 10:57 PM

Perfect mate, very detailed description aswell, its an idiot proof guide lol :D
  • duke, denots, dal and 4 others like this

#5 mrsDeeks

mrsDeeks

Mrs Deeks

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 11:05 PM

yummm oil :D

• duke, denots, usibl and 1 other like this

#6 Dekay

Dekay

Easily distracted by Swilly

• Sleeping Mods
  • 16,177 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 11:10 PM

You bugger I going to have to have some now, I dont know irresponsibles posts like this I hope no one make a how to jump off a cliff thread I am so easily led :laugh:

Nice one denots people need to start using oil instead so much better for you than smoking it and you do feel the difference although I do grant you you dont come down so quickly but if you wake and bake you wont need to ;)

• denots, FT101, dal and 6 others like this

#7 denots

denots

• Sleeping Mods
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 10:33 AM

Perfect mate, very detailed description aswell, its an idiot proof guide lol :D

Thanks FT. I've been meaning to do a thread on oil for ages, just kept forgetting every time I made it lol.

yummm oil :D

O yes Mrs Deeks, very yummm.

You bugger I going to have to have some now, I dont know irresponsibles posts like this I hope no one make a how to jump off a cliff thread I am so easily led :laugh:

Nice one denots people need to start using oil instead so much better for you than smoking it and you do feel the difference although I do grant you you dont come down so quickly but if you wake and bake you wont need to ;)

Sorry Deeks had to be done though lol. Same here mate, game for anything lol. Thanks mate, ye I make you right, a lot longer buz and you can have a light stone or a whitey stone depending on how much you take. When I was smoking I could never get to a whitey stage, but with oil I can knock me self silly if need be lol. And wake and  bake ain't a rare thing now, It's quite common lol.

• Dekay, duke, igiggle and 6 others like this

#8 Monty Bong

Monty Bong

strumming my banjo

• Respected User
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 10:39 AM

Hi denots, great guide. How many hours in the Crock Pot?

• duke, denots, dal and 3 others like this

#9 denots

denots

• Sleeping Mods
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 12:33 PM

Hi denots, great guide. How many hours in the Crock Pot?

Took about 4 hours once in the pot Monty, because I watched first episode of super girl and three episodes of the flash, great stuff when your stoned lol.

• Dekay, Monty Bong, revert and 8 others like this

#10 Roy Cropper

Roy Cropper

grow, smoke, eat, repeat.

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 10:22 AM

hi denots, looks the bollocks m8, got an old slow cooker in the cafe i have, gotta be the only way i haven't made oil, gotta give this a go 

Roy 

• denots, FT101, dal and 3 others like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.