39 replies to this topic

#11 Roy Cropper

Roy Cropper

grow, smoke, eat, repeat.

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 07:52 PM

as you can see from the butterfly like shape of oil i heated it too long as it looks darker, could be because it was from the hippy crack, but i have noticed if you cook to hot it will darken the appearance of the oil/shatter/bho/rosin whatever name you wanna give it it all the same really just a different way of going about it  ! 

hope this helps anyone wanting to have a go, just remember, if you don't have a dabbing rig then i wouldn't bother ! your doing this for dabs remember ! 

yabba-dab-i-do

Roy ! 

• Budgie, Dekay, smokin soul and 9 others like this

#12 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,002 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 07:55 PM

nice one glad you sorted pics and its easy when you know how isnt it?i look forward to a smoke report when you you stop being a wheezy girl!(you need a few bongs that a sort the chest)peace

• denots, Roy Cropper, WalterEgo420 and 1 other like this

#13 Roy Cropper

Roy Cropper

• Respected User
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 02:09 PM

Still yes Still have a bad chest i do so no dabs as of late, but i have wiped some on a joint and it is fan dabby dozy ! 

thought i'd update tho as the tekkers has changed too, found out a few things i did 

your average hair straighteners reach temps of around 230 degrees C if I'm not mistaken, 

from what i'm told you should be pressing at around 100-120 degrees c lets say 110 C 

i was pressing for 5 seconds now i press for 10 and because of this it does sizzle but don't be scared,

so.... if you have hair straighteners with no settings your just gonna vape/fry/burn the rosin away instead of pressing it out

the old ones i use are babyliss and have 3 heat settings, i use setting 1, the lowest, they cheap too like 20 something quid 

you can now buy rosin press bags for this method, but i'm roy cropper and i own a cafe right......COFFEE FILTERS ! 

yes coffee filters, make your envelope to sit your hash in out of filters, just regular no 4 i think they are BUT DOUBLE WRAP EM as you don't want anything leaking out when you press it,

i tend to notice that when i pressed for 5 seconds i'd get a couple of presses out of 1 patty, the first would be shatter like, then some shatter like in the 2nd but anything after that was just like sticky oil and didn't have the shatter like appearance, SO be careful when pressing for 10 seconds as you don't want what was the last press mixed in with the shatter, if you know what i mean ?

as for the "rosin chips" some people smoke em, i tried, was nearly sick, the hash was fluffy, even tho it was pressed flat, 

RETURNS

as for the return, (how much hash used to how much rosin made)

i've found with the old hippy crack, scissor scuff whatever you call it, 80% return, yes 80%

ice o later anything from 40% to 60% it really does depend on the material used, i have noticed that the lighter in colour the hash, the lighter n colour the rosin will be 

i'll get some pics later of final product and coffee filter envelope's 

Roy

• Budgie, Dekay, 2scoops and 10 others like this

#14 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,599 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 03:24 PM

Smashed is the word. :) Nice how too guide Roy. :)

• duke, denots, W.S and 3 others like this

#15 denots

denots

oil me up before you go go

• Sleeping Mods
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 04:04 PM

Nice one Roy, surly you must try a bit of bud to see how it goes mate.

• duke, Roy Cropper, WalterEgo420 and 2 others like this

#16 Roy Cropper

Roy Cropper

• Respected User
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 07:22 PM

Nice one Roy, surly you must try a bit of bud to see how it goes mate.

In all honesty I'm too scared to, can't see the returns being anything like what they are from the hash but I will be giving it a go when the girls come down, fuck it, as the kids say "yolo" lol
  • denots, WalterEgo420, Cheeseman and 1 other like this

#17 Roy Cropper

Roy Cropper

• Respected User
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 07:27 PM

Also looking into a d nail press,£350 or there abouts, just a t shirt press but with 2 hot plates basically, knocking the solvents on the head I am, going dam next week gonna pick up some new bubble bags if I can find em, oh and a couple of new nails !
  • Budgie, denots, WalterEgo420 and 2 others like this

#18 denots

denots

oil me up before you go go

• Sleeping Mods
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 09:08 PM

What's that Roy, toe nails, finger nails or 6" nails, what ever it is I reckon your nail it. lol

• Roy Cropper, WalterEgo420, Cheeseman and 1 other like this

#19 Dekay

Dekay

Easily distracted by Swilly

• Sleeping Mods
  • 16,177 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 12:12 AM

It looks like it would be a good buzz but I stick with eating oil roy doesnt make me cough at all that :P

• denots, Roy Cropper, WalterEgo420 and 2 others like this

#20 Roy Cropper

Roy Cropper

• Respected User
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 04:01 PM

@denots lol "d nail" same people who make th electronic nails for dabbing, expensive tho for what they are, like real expensive !
  • denots, WalterEgo420, Cheeseman and 1 other like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.