Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

alcohol reclaim still build duke style!

alcohol reclaim still condenser isopropyl cooling coil pressure vessel extraction

• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

#11 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,003 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 11:48 PM

Just a thought I know it's different to bho so im guessing there will be next to no pressure at all but if there is you might wanna look at fridge pipe (air con copper tube) can withstand more pressure than plumbers copper tube and also comes polished and capped, 8mm would be 3/8" or around there I reckon, one thing I've noticed with all these extractors cls and so on is they all tend to use refrigeration parts, anyway that's enough bollocks from me I'm off to check the link !

Dam in the morning ! Oush

hi roy in theory there should be very little pressure indeed if there is then something is seriously wrong!the copper tubing will be quite adequate for this use,enjoy your trip

I'm not sure I'd want any pressure build up in such a system, and would aim for making it as as open and unrestricted as possible.

The pressure cooker isn't (or shouldn't) be generating pressure — It's just a handy sealed vessel with an outlet for attaching a pipe :)

it is the perfect ready made vessel and should serve me well for years as its a good quality one and the fittings for the pipe are absolutely perfect size and i dug out my pipe benders and give them an oiling!the pressure cooker has a relief valve with the option of various pressures but hopefully should never be needed though,touchwood,peace

I hope this doesnt become the duke got blown up thread, play safe mate and dont smoke while you doing it all lol :P

i have actualy got some common sense where blowing up is concerned and very safety conscious i have the boiler turned of back door wide open and a 12 inch fan on full the kitchen door stays shut till im finished and we never smoke in the kitchen or have anything that can make sparks and all the kit will be brand new and carefully assembled and tested,then its in the lap of the gods!so i hope it dont blow up or tina would kill me if not dead allready!,next week i will have all the bits and do some pics,peace

• Dekay, denots, olmec and 3 others like this

#12 denots

denots

oil me up before you go go

• Sleeping Mods
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 03:56 PM

Looks good Duke, As all ready said be careful mucka.

• duke, Horse Badorties and no1 like this

#13 b2k99

b2k99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 05:38 PM

Sorry to hijack your thread Duke but I know how super knowledgeable you are in matters of oil based produce....

A mate just give me about 15 Oz of slightly mouldy weed, he reckons it's from not burping the jars but I know he was struggling with mould in his groom, but I'm not sure.

Anyway...

What's best to do with it, can I save it and make some safe to smoke oil or is it time for the compost heap?

Thanks in advance m8 [emoji106] [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
  • duke and Horse Badorties like this

#14 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,003 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 05:52 PM

Sorry to hijack your thread Duke but I know how super knowledgeable you are in matters of oil based produce....

A mate just give me about 15 Oz of slightly mouldy weed, he reckons it's from not burping the jars but I know he was struggling with mould in his groom, but I'm not sure.

Anyway...

What's best to do with it, can I save it and make some safe to smoke oil or is it time for the compost heap?

Thanks in advance m8 [emoji106] [emoji106]

hi b2 long time no see!i would make iso oil out of it as between the freezing heat from decarb,filtering etc the isopropyl kills spores and bacteria etc so i dont worry when we get cashcropper trim it allways has budrot and mildew and all manner of crap and never yet had any ill effects,i wouldnt trust any other solvent but 99.9% isopropyl though unless you used it before,15 oz should make 30-35 gramms or thereabouts that will last you ages as its much stronger than any bud being a concentrate,good luck

• Dekay, FT101, Slippery and 3 others like this

#15 b2k99

b2k99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 09:39 PM

Ive been proper busy m8... 4 kids and running my business kills all my free time [emoji19] lol

As ever mate you are a star, I hoped it wasn't for the garbage :) I've got some 99 iso... think I might need more though lol, I've got about 2 kg of trim as well so I'll chuck that in too, do a massive run :)

I've only done it once before though probably fucked it up... got some proper black tarry shite, how do I get it nice and golden?

• Dekay, duke, FT101 and 2 others like this

#16 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,003 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 10:02 PM

Ive been proper busy m8... 4 kids and running my business kills all my free time [emoji19] lol

As ever mate you are a star, I hoped it wasn't for the garbage :) I've got some 99 iso... think I might need more though lol, I've got about 2 kg of trim as well so I'll chuck that in too, do a massive run :)

I've only done it once before though probably fucked it up... got some proper black tarry shite, how do I get it nice and golden?

if you want to make super pure clean oil which would be work but makes the best iso oil i have yet managed is the frozen soak method which can be found in the medical section stickys or via the link in my sig it takes longer but is what i use to make oil for skin cancer so needs to be as clean and free of green colour or it dyes skin green,peace

• FT101, Horse Badorties and no1 like this

#17 mrsDeeks

mrsDeeks

Mrs Deeks

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 11:13 PM

OO good Luck Duke all sounds very sciencey and scary to me :lol:  im scared of pressure cookers lol ask deeks!

Im interested though and you sound like you know what you are doing and take precautions

Stay safe :)

• duke, Slippery, Horse Badorties and 1 other like this

#18 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,003 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 11:50 AM

OO good Luck Duke all sounds very sciencey and scary to me :lol:  im scared of pressure cookers lol ask deeks!

Im interested though and you sound like you know what you are doing and take precautions

Stay safe :)

funny e nough i was sat reading your post and tina just dropped my copper pipe in me lap fresh through the post just waiting for the single hotplate to turn up hopefully working this time!and i can get it built,today will be pipe bending day,pics later so do look in,peace

• mrsDeeks, Horse Badorties and no1 like this

#19 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,003 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 03:04 PM

hi all well i built my condenser still today all that remains is awaiting the arrival of the single electric hotplate to arrive this time hopefully one that works! after doing some research and advice from a more knowlageable builder of such devices the first run will be with vinegar it will work the same for test purposes and will be non inflamable and also cleans the copper pipes on the condenser coil to make sure no production contaminants remain,the flexible hose is securely fixed with jubilee clips and is safe for this use(thank you graywolf)and will not degrade using spirits.i dug out my freezer blocks and got them freezing along with the iso these will go in the plastic tub which is then filled with cold water,i will do pics of it hopefully working in the next week or so but heres pics of progress so far,peace all

edit this was mk1 version now scrapped and mk2 version appears soon in this thread!peace

Attached Files

• smokin soul, Zipp, denots and 5 others like this

#20 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 03:53 PM

hi all well i built my condenser still today

Looks good :)

But, you must make sure that the condensor coil (as well as all the other piping) slopes downhill all the way, so that any condensate will run out and not collect in it (causing blockages and back pressure).

In short, it needs to be vertical rather than horizontal, with the inlet at the top and the outlet at the bottom :)
  • Dekay, smokin soul, duke and 5 others like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: alcohol reclaim, still, condenser, isopropyl, cooling coil, pressure vessel, extraction

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.