Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

alcohol reclaim still build duke style!

alcohol reclaim still condenser isopropyl cooling coil pressure vessel extraction

• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

#21 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 12,991 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 05:18 PM

Looks good :)

But, you must make sure that the condensor coil (as well as all the other piping) slopes downhill all the way, so that any condensate will run out and not collect in it (causing blockages and back pressure).

In short, it needs to be vertical rather than horizontal, with the inlet at the top and the outlet at the bottom :)

ok back to the drawing board,i shall have to find a better containner now though ok of to raid the kitchen it is!thanks missy i will be back,peace

• Horse Badorties likes this

#22 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 05:27 PM

better containner

I guess the hard part will be sealing the hole where the pipe comes out, but maybe a simple grommet or some sort of tank connector would work?

Hmmm... Perhaps a tank connector fitted the wrong way around, with the condensate pipe attached to it on the inside of the vessel, and the outside just open over the collecting container?

Or, if making holes in things isn't a good idea, then how about winding the tube around something, filling that with iced water, and insulating it all?
  • Dekay, duke, Zephyr and 1 other like this

#23 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 12,991 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 05:42 PM

I guess the hard part will be sealing the hole where the pipe comes out, but maybe a simple grommet or some sort of tank connector would work?

Hmmm... Perhaps a tank connector fitted the wrong way around, with the condensate pipe attached to it on the inside of the vessel, and the outside just open over the collecting container?

Or, if making holes in things isn't a good idea, then how about winding the tube around something, filling that with iced water, and insulating the whole thing?

i think you might be onto something there missy i will have to see what i can find in my shed tommorow thanks again,you is a diamond lady,peace

• Dekay and Horse Badorties like this

#24 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 06:04 PM

Random thinking...

I don't know whether this is practical or if you have the tools, but I think it would be really nice to punch a large-ish hole in the lid of the pressure cooker and fit a piece of glass over the inside* so that you can see what's going on during the evaporation process :)

Bonus points for fitting a battery-powered LED as well ;)

*perhaps by using some of that high-temperature silicon/RTV sealant?
  • Dekay, duke, hemphero and 1 other like this

#25 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 12,991 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 06:55 PM

Random thinking...

I don't know whether this is practical or if you have the tools, but I think it would be really nice to punch a large-ish hole in the lid of the pressure cooker and fit a piece of glass over the inside* so that you can see what's going on during the evaporation process :)

Bonus points for fitting a battery-powered LED as well ;)

*perhaps by using some of that high-temperature silicon/RTV sealant?

hi missy well i come up with mk2 version allready using a bucket with a hole drilled at precisely 7.9mm and used a little heat to force an interference fit which seems to be watertight and it works out better as i can have the condenser bit outside the backdoor and the heating element and stuff indoors as the pipe i bought is a perfect length,i left it with water in and will see if it leaks overnight as im not sure what sort of sealer to use really its a strange combo heat water and cold!i shall post results of the trial run using vinegar as soon as my last bit comes,thanks for your valued input once again missy,peace
  • Dekay and Horse Badorties like this

#26 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 07:15 PM

not sure what sort of sealer to use really its a strange combo heat water and cold

Can you solder it?

I'm not sure how well it might stick to the bucket though.

I'm obviously working on the premise that this is a metal bucket here ;)

Otherwise, a tank connector might be the easiest option.
  • duke and Horse Badorties like this

#27 KiefKat

KiefKat

TGC DJ

• Sleeping Mods
  • 3,620 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 08:02 PM

Would silicone sealant not work to give a watertight seal between the pipe and bucket? Found this online : silicone caulk remains reliable from minus 100 degrees Celsius to 250 degrees Celsius, would think the temps encountered in your case would be well within these limits.

• duke and Horse Badorties like this

#28 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 12,991 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 09:29 PM

Would silicone sealant not work to give a watertight seal between the pipe and bucket? Found this online : silicone caulk remains reliable from minus 100 degrees Celsius to 250 degrees Celsius, would think the temps encountered in your case would be well within these limits.

hi kiefkat so far its had water in for nearly 2 days and not a drop has leaked out so i will trust that my old fashioned interference fit holds up i did a few pics but they on my other computer so will post them later,i just dieing to try it out but still waiting for the single electric cooker to come,then tina will be happy as she gets her freezer space back again!the first run will be with vinegar to test and clean the condenser coil and if that works i got 4ltrs to run allready extracted and sitting in the freezer,pics later tonight,peace

• Dekay, KiefKat and Horse Badorties like this

#29 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 12,991 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 12:03 AM

hi all just a few pics of condenser still mk2 as mk1 had a slight flaw in design(me) so a rethink and mk2 is born still cant try it out yet but should be next few days i hope and all the bits will be ready thanks for looking in,peace

Attached Files

• Dekay, 2scoops, KiefKat and 5 others like this

#30 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 12,991 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 07:01 PM

hi all well test run was a failier!not one drop came out the condenser but was going somewhere!after further investigation i found another pressure valve i hadnt seen which only comes in to play once the lid is on the pressure cooker this valve is stay open and venting my vapour out to the atmosphere as this valve is not needed for my use tomorow i shall remove it plug the hole and try again!i have never seen a pressure cooker with so many pressure release safetys before,wish i had bought an older 2nd hand one now they only had 2!we live and learn and didnt blow up so i shall do her a bit of oil the normal way and carry on later,i will get it working sooner or later.on the bright side the water and ice mix stayed in my bucket without a leak so my old fashioned interference fit works a treat!back with more news when i fixed it,peace

• Dekay, 2scoops, KiefKat and 6 others like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: alcohol reclaim, still, condenser, isopropyl, cooling coil, pressure vessel, extraction

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.