Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

alcohol reclaim still build duke style!

alcohol reclaim still condenser isopropyl cooling coil pressure vessel extraction

• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

#61 Vmax

Vmax

Oily

• Respected User
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 08:41 AM

Please just for my sanity, please do at least your first run outside with ISO, when they go pop they really go pop Duke and it won't be pretty and have a large wet towel ready.  Not me but I've seen first hand the devastation of a still going up can do. x

• 2scoops, duke and Horse Badorties like this

#62 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 12,991 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 12:37 PM

Please just for my sanity, please do at least your first run outside with ISO, when they go pop they really go pop Duke and it won't be pretty and have a large wet towel ready.  Not me but I've seen first hand the devastation of a still going up can do. x

i have it just outside the back door during testing but first run was ok bar the melting flexi pipe which i have replaced with neoprene fuel pipe now rated for high temps and for fuel and oil so hope it works without melting this time.i will be testing the cheap iso first though straight just to find out how clean it is and clean the condenser line down before putting any goodies in it,thanks for your input,peace

• Dekay, 2scoops, Vmax and 2 others like this

#63 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 12,991 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 04:59 PM

hi all well its on and running im starting at as low a temp as i can and work out what settings work best this maiden run i used just a bit of trim this after testing outdoors today using pure iso i put in 1 ltr and recovered 99.9% so looks good so far,but i will report back must keep my eye on the ball,peace

• Dekay, 2scoops, KiefKat and 3 others like this

#64 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 12,991 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 06:03 PM

half a jug so far which is near half of what i put in it comes out with a slight tinge but happy working well so far and will need to finish the last of in the normal way but i think with a few more tweeks this will work fine and save me good money,the worst thing is the crappy gasket that comes with the pressure cooker it falls of every other time you open the fecking lid and is hard to get back on,i need to find a giant neoprene o ring or make a giant cork one which i have in my shed i think,but these are all relatively easy fixes so on with the show and ive still no blown anything up,yet peace

• Dekay, 2scoops, KiefKat and 4 others like this

#65 BIGLUMPAGREEN

BIGLUMPAGREEN

BIGLUMPAGREEN

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 06:20 PM

Gwan duke hope ya sort out the final touches pal but ffs be careful,ya scare the fookin shit out of mi man,BIG

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
  • duke and Horse Badorties like this

#66 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,585 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 07:10 PM

:)

• Dekay, duke, Vmax and 1 other like this

#67 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 12,991 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 01:03 PM

@jimmi2scoops  made me laugh that!well i can report that the condenser works well and recovered more than i thought around 50% which considering the odd teething troubles is great for 1st use and the recovered iso looks clean and only a few stray dog hairs managed to find there way into my catch jug but they get everywhere!!the oil i made in it for the first time looks clean as normal and tina reports the oil works well.

one good thing i have learned doing this is how much easier using cooking oil for the ban marie works with no danger of boiling dry like water also the temp stays more stable with oil once its got up to temperature but you do need to do initial heating slowly as if you overshoot your temp being oil it takes far longer to cool down.

i will do a parts list and brief guide to building a condenser still and add the new photos shortly i must say if anyone else builds similar then be careful and try and research the materials before spending money on ebay esp as many ebay items are incorrectly listed and described esp flexible tubing as i found out some is not at all what its claimed to be and as such is dangerous.neoprene is what you need for flexible bit and 8mm i.d copper pipe 5mtrs is best for the condenser coil.the rest is all stuff i had lying about repurposed i will add the details shortly thanks for all the laughs and advices @Anonymiss  and others who have looked in,peace

Attached Files

• Dekay, 2scoops, KiefKat and 1 other like this

#68 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 12,991 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 02:48 PM

hi all here is the list of parts i used to build the condenser and all the other gubbins needed,

1 .5ltr pressure cooker if you can find an older type with only 1 safety release valve it makes converting easier,you want one with 1 safety and outlet where the weight goes.

2.single electric hob with good temp control

3. 5mtrs of 8mm i.d. copper tubing

4. 1mtr neoprene flexible fuel hose (not ebay shite) and hose clamps

5. 1x plastic bucket and large tupperware box

6. small pyrex bowl

7.rape seed oil 1ltr

8.8x freezer blocks

9. 5 ltrs of ice water

10. plastic jugs x2 with measure scale for mls

11. roll of good tape

12. a few metres of bubble wrap for insulation

13.chemical metal or good silicon sealer

14. screwdriver,pliers hacksaw or pipe cutters pipe benders make it easier but not essential if you got strong hands(i havent)an 8mm drill bit and drill a small blowtorch gas one is best.

15. a digital thermometer with high temp probe or meat thermometer

i think thats it for parts the how to build bit is next,peace

• Horse Badorties likes this

#69 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 03:36 PM

i found another pressure valve i hadnt seen which only comes in to play once the lid is on the pressure cooker this valve is stay open and venting my vapour out to the atmosphere

sussed it!the valve was fitted wrong way round so was open turned it round and it started working

I reckon it was the right way around, and that it isn't a pressure-release valve ;)

My guess is that it's the handle lock, which prevents the lid being opened and the operator being sprayed with boiling (or hotter) water — They usually activate (close) when the water starts to boil and steam starts escaping quickly (forcing it shut) :)
  • Dekay, duke and Horse Badorties like this

#70 MrBong.uk

MrBong.uk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 04:15 PM

Nice one duke, it's really coming together now bud
  • duke and Horse Badorties like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: alcohol reclaim, still, condenser, isopropyl, cooling coil, pressure vessel, extraction

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.