Photo
- - - - -

Any one got experience with instant 12/12 ?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 StoVi

StoVi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 11:18 AM

Dear

Ive read a little on the fact that some growers like to put their rooted cutting straight into 12/12. This will keep them smaller, keep the branching closer to the main stem and basicly the whole plant will be filled with bud..

ive seen some sick results from this but am still doubting this growing technique very much.. you save costs on electricity, growing nutes, water and youre done growing in 8-9 weeks..

Whats your opinions?

Cheers

• Budgie, revert and duke like this

#2 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,005 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 11:29 AM

hi stovi nice to see you here,imo its a waste of potential not to veg photoperiod plants and you may be better of with one of the modern autos which have similar timescale to a 12-12 from seed but more yeild potential,dp think different is a fast good yeilder,good luck

• Dekay, revert, fairy and 2 others like this

#3 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 11:52 AM

Hiya @StoVi, yep, it pretty much works like you say. You end up with smaller, stick like/single cola plants covered in buds as the light penetrates top to bottom.

It used to be a croppers method (SOG : sea of green) whereby the floorspace was filled with lots of just rooted clones.

Problem these days is that numbers matter in the eyes of the plod, and its usually better to have fewer, bigger plants and take the hit of a few extra weeks vegging.
  • Mrs Willy, Dekay, revert and 7 others like this

#4 StoVi

StoVi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 12:22 PM

Thanks for all your great responses, been reading a bit more upon this topic. Very interesting ;) 

http://growace.com/b...elds-less-time/

• Budgie and duke like this

#5 StoVi

StoVi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 12:40 PM

Would like to hear more from you guys aswell.

• duke likes this

#6 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 12:54 PM

Also the cutts you use are better if they are mature cutts, whichy means they need taking from a mature plant so the cutts are showing their fem traits already in veg or they just not gonna flower until they become mature, which for lets say a seed can be owt from 3 to 8 weeks.

• duke, KiefKat, fairy and 3 others like this

#7 Vlad the Inhaler

Vlad the Inhaler

Starting out

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 06:35 PM

This is Davie Dope's specialty innit? He was big on the 12/12 from seed thang a while back if my mammory serves erectly..[emoji111]🏻️

Vlad, Turkish BBQ expert and founder of the Geneva convention.
  • duke and StoVi like this

#8 StoVi

StoVi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 06:45 PM

Thanks for the replies guys, the cuts i get are taken from a mom fem  plant that is old as fuck but not taken in flower stage. Alltho the strain id be getting is Amnesia, sativa dominant so would it still be possibly to sog them?

Also, @vlad if you could get the 12/12 guru to take a look at this, id apreciate it a lot :)

Edited by StoVi, 05 December 2015 - 06:49 PM.

• duke likes this

#9 Vlad the Inhaler

Vlad the Inhaler

Starting out

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 08:32 PM

I'd tag him if I knew how! Ang on, I'll try to PM a link to him. [emoji111]🏻️[emoji111]🏻

Vlad, Turkish BBQ expert and founder of the Geneva convention.
  • StoVi likes this

#10 stephen07

stephen07

Content

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,150 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 09:02 PM

If your getting fresh cuts in a new room veg em ,
Btw they will never be ready in 8-9 weeks . Even in water mate , I'll stick my useless balls on it 11weeks at best [emoji460]️
But if you wanna try go for it [emoji106]
  • Dekay, Vlad the Inhaler, fairy and 1 other like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.