Photo
- - - - -

Any one got experience with instant 12/12 ?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 StoVi

StoVi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 09:17 PM

The cuts are not fresh but well rooted. 8-9 weeks indeed wont be possible because of the 11 weeks amnesia likes to get.. But still you cut out your veg weeks. 

Im still in doubt about trying this, just like to futher discuss this topic :)

• 2scoops likes this

#12 Vlad the Inhaler

Vlad the Inhaler

Starting out

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 09:19 PM

If your getting fresh cuts in a new room veg em ,
Btw they will never be ready in 8-9 weeks . Even in water mate , I'll stick my useless balls on it 11weeks at best [emoji460]️
But if you wanna try go for it [emoji106]

I'm not gonna involve my balls in anything for a good week or two Steve-0 but I'd say you're right bud, even if they're rooted they'd have to settle into the environment and that'll take a week at least.

What's a couple of weeks between a man and his plants...?

Vlad, Turkish BBQ expert and founder of the Geneva convention.
  • duke likes this

#13 StoVi

StoVi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 09:48 PM

Hehe its not about the time or yield or anything for me, im just willing to try things out, see what goes best. Is best to maintenance and more efficient.

Just read this : http://www.theweedbl...growing-method/

They say Amnesia is good for SOG if u top them before 12/12 cycle

• duke likes this

#14 stephen07

stephen07

Content

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,150 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 10:10 PM

The plant needs to sexy before flowering and well rooted cuts still take a few weeks , even in hydro hence 11 weeks min but to be honest your looking at 14 weeks turn around .
Not done it myself , I'm a old man style grower . But seen it and helped out , but not my plants . Haha old days [emoji106]
  • duke and StoVi like this

#15 Vlad the Inhaler

Vlad the Inhaler

Starting out

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 04:29 PM

Here's what Dave said...25afebca60db9cf7e6b3459db025f2c9.jpg

Vlad, Turkish BBQ expert and founder of the Geneva convention.
  • duke, fairy, Hot Sausage and 1 other like this

#16 StoVi

StoVi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 04:49 PM

Allright mates, thanks for the info :) 

• 2scoops and duke like this

#17 Earwig

Earwig

That's Mr Earwig to you

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 08:11 PM

I've grown 12/12 (from seed though) for a few years now.

The flowering time is what it is regardless of time schedule. From germination to start of flowering count has taken up to 5 weeks. Average would be 3-4 weeks ime. So if you had a 9 week flowering plant, it really won't be ready for at least 12 weeks.

Cuts may mature to flowering quicker, but when I did 12/12 with cuttings it seemed to take the same length of time....
  • duke, Vlad the Inhaler and StoVi like this

#18 Dekay

Dekay

Easily distracted by Swilly

• Sleeping Mods
  • 16,177 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 11:53 PM

I grown 12/12 from seed lots and done a blue mooshine from clone soon as rooted, it did alright because it took a while to flower, if the cutting was mature it might not get long enough settling in, I think a week or two is essential of growing even if you want them small just chop off the heads or tie down innit if keeping small, the yield from 12/12 is as small as autos well in soil you can do alright in coco 12/12 with right plant I have seen in past.

• duke, Earwig and StoVi like this

#19 Earwig

Earwig

That's Mr Earwig to you

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 07:46 PM

^^^ as Dekay says above.

You can certainly pull as much off a 12/12 grow as you can off an auto. If done in coco I'd expect to average 2oz per plant in a 5l pot.

Saying that, one of my last plants was micro yielding!

#20 Adam Bomb

Adam Bomb

Salmoneye Warrior

• Respected User
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 09:28 PM

For 12/12 from seed I do ok with sat doms ,indica leaning varieties can be poor performers using this method,but as always exceptions do pop up and I've had ouncer indica plants before now ,but also micro amounts ,still worth trying if your not banking on that plant to see you through until next harvest.
The thing with it is getting the plant as big as pos before flower kicks in you have just weeks to do this,those first days are crucial to set the tone.you have to really go for it not just put plants in as gap fillers in the poorly lit areas of the groom.
If you have space restrictions of the vertical type,it can be awesome to keep the plants manageable.
I have my best results in coco air pots so far.
My best tip for this method is to get the lighting,whatever you use hps ,led,CFL,as close as possible asap ,you want to do everything in your power to not let that seedling stretch for light or that's how it grows from then on and you get sparse buds and stretched nodes,keep it well lit early and it stays growing like that until early budding phases begin and you get better yields overall,grams and millimetres matter in this situation Ho Ho.
Also don't let the medium get cold,this induces stretch big time,lights off periods need heating during cold times if you can.
I'll be starting a diary off pretty soon using this method once my seedlings sprout,my tent is a metre tall and 75x75 so this is perfect for me.I popped 8 beans and six are up already in 48hrs ,just got back into stuff this weekend lol,time off sucked but the passion burns within stronger for it:).
Veg is always nice to do but it's not the only way to get good yields I'm finding.mostly I grow bud now,leaves are few and far between to be fair,harvests are a piece of piss,snip and hang ,done.
Any way nuff rambles ,time to brew up.
  • Dekay, duke, Hot Sausage and 2 others like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.