• Please log in to reply
295 replies to this topic

#21 Mrs Willy

Mrs Willy

Flump no1

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,163 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 10:45 PM

So, thought i would resurrect? this one.

So pacman vs mayweather looks like its on.

Chisora and fury was a joke.

Khan did well on weekend. But he wont fight meayweather now the pacman has him.

But will it actually happen? I think it will. Pac will get 20% of purse i think. He doesnt seem fussed on the money now and has suggested a charity fight.

Next few weeks will be interesting as hopefully the fight will get signed and delivered.

My money is on pac to overwhelm him, but will be a cracking fight for sure. I think pac will get a decision. will win first 3-4 rounds, mayweather wins the next few and later in teh fight pac ruffs him up proper. I think pac will get knocked down once or twice, but win it on points.

• 2scoops, GoTgReEn and fairy like this

#22 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 12:25 PM

I think Khan will get his crack at Mayweather at some stasge, yes he did good at the weekend, but my one to watch next year is that Kazakhastan guy called Golovkin, he is invincible what i`ve seen of him fighting at  middleweight. Proper reminds of how Hagler and Tyson fought he never stops coming on to you even when he`s been twatted on the crust.

• Mrs Willy, Cybes and Spike like this

#23 Cybes

Cybes

TGC DJ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 01:31 PM

couldnt find this thread before i started mine doh lol

i have to say i was shocked by khan on the weekend Virgil is a mirrorcall worker it was like watchin a new fighter best thing he can do is fight a mandotry in may and try and get the winner of mayweather/pac

totaly agree @Jimmi420 golovkin is someone to watch nothing seems to hurt him just keeps coming strong itching to see him in action again

• 2scoops likes this

#24 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 01:54 PM

31 fights and won all the lot he never been past 8 rounds and 28 knockouts, in all 375 fights as a pro and amateur and he`s never been knocked down or out, courtesy of wiki. :) Check out his knockouts and take note of how many he does in with body punches, i didn`t count buit quite a few.

• Budgie, Notorious WD and Cybes like this

#25 Notorious WD

Notorious WD

Rest in peace V-Max.

• Sleeping Mods
  • 796 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 03:16 PM

GGG may need to increase weight to get the fights that pay the most and engage the public. By far the best at MW. If he goes to SMW I only see Ward at his level. He walks through Froch and finishes him imo.

Not many fights interested me this passed year tbh. Went to Groves v Froch and watched the big fights but been a poor year in fairness.
If Pac doesn't fight mayweather I'd like to see Pac v Garvis and May weather v Khan.
  • 2scoops and Cybes like this

#26 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:10 PM

I`m with you on the weights @Notorious WD, it`s not a big money weight middleweight these days and that division hardly has any top notch boxers like he is, but he is so good to watch, the type of fighter i like the most, as is pacquaio, i like the those guys that fight coming onto you, great to watch. Those Mexicans have some right tear ups too.

• Budgie, Notorious WD and Cybes like this

#27 Notorious WD

Notorious WD

Rest in peace V-Max.

• Sleeping Mods
  • 796 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 01:24 PM

The money fight would've been Martinez v GGG but Martinez declined and picked up knocks so it'd be one sided now. Lara got robbed and could make MW and would give GGG a great fight. But GGG is miles ahead of opposition in a decent but not great division. Very similar to Wladamir Klitschko at HW in many respects. The difference is people will fight Wlad as he's the attraction and brings tens of millions to the table. GGG is low reward and very, very high risk. Maybe GGG finally gets his wish and destroys Sturm in Germany. No need for corrupt judges as GGG would pole axe Sturm.

GGG beats nealry everyone at SMW imo. However Ward is the guy I see troubling him. Its be a great fight purely for p4p rankings and learning from the fight as a fan. GGG v Groves would be a great fight for entertainment but he KOs Froch imo.

Keep an eye out for Lomachenko. The brightest star I've seen since GGG come from the amateurs. The king is Rigondeaux. He is the best of the era but Cuba's oppression and poor management have failed him. Like watching a Bugatti rot in a canal. Mayweather has a damn cheek talking shit when that guys about. Domaire was top 5 p4p and Rigo dominated him in a truly clinical execution of a bout. I like Frampton and Quigg and hope winner fights Rigo but doubt promoters will have the minerals.
  • Budgie and 2scoops like this

#28 Spike

Spike

THE MUFF MEISTER AND 2014 TGC PUMPKING CARVING WINNER.

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 03:27 PM

Interesting bit of Vid there Jimmi, Nice one, watching him in those knock out clips reminded me of some of the boxing greats from yesteryear , like you say a bit of Tyson, Pacman,Benn etc, around 1min 40secs, he knocks down a Black boxer, but just before that he looks at him and says something like "Think you can take it" (Not good at lip reading Kazy) lol next second he's flattened the bloke, going to take a very good boxer to beat him atm, or at least to go the distance. 

• Budgie and 2scoops like this

#29 Notorious WD

Notorious WD

Rest in peace V-Max.

• Sleeping Mods
  • 796 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 07:11 PM

Here's great HD highlights of Rigondeaux v Donaire whom was pound for pound number 3 at the time and the 'lineal' champion of the world (best of the best basically). Donaire was multi-weight champion and held two versions of the belt, he was widely regarded as the kingpin of smaller weight classes.

Check out Rigondeaux, that rapid accurate left cross is a thing of beauty. More precise and even quicker than Mayweather has ever been yet nobody heard of him it seems. 2 x Olympic Gold medalist, greatest amateur of all time and 14-0 against some great fighters whom many of good fighters have come unstuck against.

This is an absolute clinic of a performance. Barca*v United 2009, Roger Federer* v Nadal at Wimbledon, Usain Bolt WR level of showing.

Freddie Roach opined that Rigo is/was the most talented fighter he's seen!

Here's Donaire's career highlights just so you guys can see what a victory Rigondeaux got.

• Budgie likes this

#30 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 07:20 PM

Yes his right hook is a beauty for sure.

• Notorious WD likes this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.