• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#11 Zipp

Zipp

Coco Automatic Mod'ness

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,278 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 12:36 PM

lovely stuff Rev ...good luck with the rest of your grow ... looking good from here mate :hiya: :bigjoint: :bigjoint:

• revert, denots and Paulie like this

#12 revert

revert

wut? where? when?

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 01:37 PM

Hi rev.  Yes its not just the herb thats so appreciated, for some people growing it provides weeks of enjoyable fun.  The more I look at your grow room the more I appreciate the genius of it.  I bet you will love seeing the results of your work, and autos will thrive under such intense light.  

Our autos will bloom well under 24 hour daylight (not all autos will do that BTW) .  Winter-growers sometimes like to run 24/0 light maintain grow room temperatures.

I can't wait to see these plants in full bloom!

Hi Tony. Yep I love the growing part almost as much as the smoking part :D

These girls are indeed on 24/0 from the get go. I'm just waiting to see them going into flower to then I'll add the last light.

Since I switched on the first bar I haven't needed to add any extra heater at all. Temps are sweet at 26c

My extraction is only running at 30% so it all running tickety boo atm.

lovely stuff Rev ...good luck with the rest of your grow ... looking good from here mate :hiya: :bigjoint: :bigjoint:

Cheers @Zipp and welcome mate. Was hoping you would drop in. Got a question about the feeding. I'm feeding at 1.5ml/L canna a&b plus a bit of extra mono mag (0.1ec).

Total ec is 1.0. Background water is 0.1 ec. Girls are about one month old today. Does that sound about right? Run off is real low at 0.3 ec

I've got no experience wit auto's so wanted to make sure I'm not over or underfeeding :)

• Dekay, Zipp, denots and 1 other like this

#13 Zipp

Zipp

Coco Automatic Mod'ness

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,278 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 03:13 PM

hi rev your run-offs saying to me up your nutes mate as thats quite a gap between the two ( 0.7 ec )

i tend now not to take mine over 1.2ec at any time and thats pushing it as im feeding them every day so i'd say up it bye 0.2 and keep an eye on them but your run-offs will let you know if somethings up mate

had another look there fine you worried daddy lol ........only kidding mukka lol :D :bigjoint: :bigjoint:

• Budgie, revert, denots and 1 other like this

#14 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 03:50 PM

Best of luck Rev, i love the DIY light bu the way, tis time to see how it does now then. I`ll follow on :).

• revert, denots and Paulie like this

#15 CountryBoy

CountryBoy

Daft as a brush and twice as hairy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 05:40 PM

Lookin good there mate! Lovin the leds! Ive been lookin at cheap components from china with the idea of making my own, I'll be interested to see how they perform!
  • revert and Paulie like this

#16 revert

revert

wut? where? when?

• Respected User
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 07:06 PM

hi rev your run-offs saying to me up your nutes mate as thats quite a gap between the two ( 0.7 ec )

i tend now not to take mine over 1.2ec at any time and thats pushing it as im feeding them every day so i'd say up it bye 0.2 and keep an eye on them but your run-offs will let you know if somethings up mate

had another look there fine you worried daddy lol ........only kidding mukka lol :D :bigjoint: :bigjoint:

Yeah mate, thats what I was thinking as well. But I have a but of the claw going on one one of my girls that why I'm a bit careful.

I'll up the feed again when these are flowering.

Best of lick Rev, i love the DIY light bu the way, tis time to see how it does now then. I`ll follow on :).

Thanks m8. I'm just as curious as you jimmi. These cobs sure are very bright. When you look inside the tent you can hardly see the red/pink from the other panels. That 200w bar is almost brighter than the 350w regular panels :nod:

Lookin good there mate! Lovin the leds! Ive been lookin at cheap components from china with the idea of making my own, I'll be interested to see how they perform!

Cheers CountryBoy. Don't go with cheap cobs mate. If you are interested I'll give you the details where you can get these cobs at a fair price. I've got these sent over from china as well by the way

I'm using cree cxb3070 but if I had a bigger budget would have bought the CXB3590.

Another alternative would be the Bridgelux vero 18 or vero 29. Those are good quality too but more friendly to the wallet :)

The drivers is another thing that doesn't come cheap. But you get what you pay for. I went for the Meanwell drivers because they are highly efficient and they offer protection against power surges etc. Can't remember it all lol

• 2scoops, Zipp, Hot Sausage and 1 other like this

#17 CountryBoy

CountryBoy

Daft as a brush and twice as hairy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 07:39 AM

I had a feelin you'd say dont bother with cheap leds mate! Ive just had a brief look at those 3590s, from the looks of it they love em in the US! If you could tell me the best place to get em from that would be great, i can start amassing componentry as n when ready for the build!
  • revert, Zipp and Paulie like this

#18 revert

revert

wut? where? when?

• Respected User
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 08:50 AM

For the led cobs I ordered them from Kingbrite. Jerry the salesperson there is a good guy and they are trustworthy imo. I had no problems dealing with them. Takes 2 weeks before your order will be received though but they put a lower price on the order so that no extra taxes need to be payed.

The meanwell drivers I bought from mouser. You can get them cheaper from Jerry but the shipping costs on these heavy drivers make them about the same price as here in Europe. Mouser has free shipping if you go over a certain amount and it takes only a couple of days to receive the goods.

• Dekay, smokin soul, Zipp and 5 others like this

#19 Zipp

Zipp

Coco Automatic Mod'ness

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,278 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 10:09 AM

Yeah mate, thats what I was thinking as well. But I have a but of the claw going on one one of my girls that why I'm a bit careful.

I'll up the feed again when these are flowering.

if worried about the claw rev just skip a feed and just feed pH'ed water ..........mind autos can be fickle little shites lol :D :bigjoint: :bigjoint:

• Dekay, revert, denots and 1 other like this

#20 revert

revert

wut? where? when?

• Respected User
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 08:13 PM

Well they are started to show their lady bits today so I'm upping the feed to 2ml/L a&b and a little extra mag. Total ec for next feed will be 1.2ec. Thanks @Zipp

I've also switched on the last led. I set the extraction to 35% and temps are still sweet at 26/27c :D

Here are the girls from this evening.

First the bigger one. She's got a bit of the claw going on but I'm hoping now she's starting to flower that will soon be over.

Then the smaller bushy one. She is looking hungry this one so I think she will enjoy the bit of extra food.

All leds are on now so we are at warp factor 7  :)

And finally a little group shot so show the difference in size

So thats it for this year I think. Next update will be in 2016.

I'm going to be busy the next couple of days and hopefully without to much of a hangover lol

So here me wishing you all a happy new year already. Hope you all have a good one

• Budgie, Dekay, 2scoops and 13 others like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: led, coco, dutch passion, kush

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.