• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#21 Dekay

Dekay

Easily distracted by Swilly

• Sleeping Mods
  • 16,177 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 12:07 AM

Nice catch up rev all looking good in here so far dude and I bet it gets better ;)

• revert, Zipp, denots and 2 others like this

#22 revert

revert

wut? where? when?

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 09:59 AM

I'm hoping that as well dekay. Can't wait for the next part ;)

• Dekay, duke, Zipp and 2 others like this

#23 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 04:19 PM

Wouldn`t it be better if Revert did a grow with them on their own with no other lighting, if possible ? to see how they perform b4 buying the stuff to build your own, it`s not cheap and theirs an art to building LED lights, getting the angles of the lighting right for starters i think lol , or does not this apply to cree cobs, cus without those angles your fucked and growing very little, or am, i miles off with this thinking @revert ?

• Dekay, revert, duke and 4 others like this

#24 revert

revert

wut? where? when?

• Respected User
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 09:11 AM

One day I will do just that jimmi but for the moment I need all the light I can get to keep temps up in my loft tent.

Also my cobs are 3000K and probably not very good for veg. I would have got 3500K/4000K if I wanted to use them for veg as well.

I'm planning to rebuild my old eshine panel this year, and will be replacing the leds with 4500K cree cobs from fasttech.

It should make a decent 250w veg light.

You can get lenses for these cobs as well yes. But I decided against it because my tent is only 160 high so I don't really need the stronger penetration.

I think the standard angle on these are 120° and thats fine for my groom.

If you are interested in seeing what you can do with the 3590 cobs than have a look at this guys videos on youtube.  He has also some very good DIY tutorials for building the lights

In his last grow he was hitting 1.9 gpw with his DIY light :bigjoint:. Not bad huh for leds :)

• Budgie, Dekay, 2scoops and 7 others like this

#25 Zipp

Zipp

Coco Automatic Mod'ness

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,278 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 09:41 AM

looking nice there rev hope your new year went well mukka all the best mate :D :bigjoint: :bigjoint:

• revert, duke, denots and 1 other like this

#26 revert

revert

wut? where? when?

• Respected User
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 06:02 PM

You are absolutely right on the cost @badbillybob. However this guy is running his cobs at 700ma for super high efficiency. But most people are running them same like me at double that current at 1400ma.

That produces almost the same amount of light but with half the amount of cobs. And he's using passive cooling with some big ass and expensive heatsinks. I'm just using cheap cpu coolers.

All that makes the light far cheaper to build. Still expensive though lol but more manageable imo

• Dekay, 2scoops, duke and 5 others like this

#27 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,006 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 10:20 PM

hi revert i only just found this diary but nothing new on me and being late!looks like im in for the best bit anyway i look forward to seeing what you can do with led,good luck and a happy and green new year,peace

• 2scoops, revert, denots and 2 others like this

#28 revert

revert

wut? where? when?

• Respected User
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 06:56 PM

Cheers Duke and a happy new year to you as well mate.

Girls have grown really well since last week. Bit of a calmag problem on the smaller one and a wee bit of a potassium problem on the bigger one but not really something I'm all to worried about.

I'll do an update end of the week.

• duke, Zipp, Hot Sausage and 2 others like this

#29 revert

revert

wut? where? when?

• Respected User
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 05:13 PM

So a month later and I think its time for an update lol. Sorry gent to keep you waiting.

We are at day 61 and this grow is almost over :D

I had some trouble with one of my girls but she has pulled through somewhat and is budding nicely now.

Had a weird deficiency on her and she was not budding at all. Things started improving a couple of weeks ago. So glad I didn't pull her then.

They are still getting the same feed.

- 2ml/L of canna A&B

- 2ml canna mono mag in 10L

- 2ml canna mono cal in 10L

- 2ml/L GHE diamond nectar fulvic

Around 1.2/1.3 in total. Runoff is about 1.0

Anyway some pics from today.

First the healthy one.

Foxtailing again all over :)

• Budgie, Dekay, 2scoops and 9 others like this

#30 revert

revert

wut? where? when?

• Respected User
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 05:13 PM

Now the sister that got sick

She looks ok now but the buds are smaller than her sisters but she has a lot more of them anyway so not that bad in the end I guess

And some group shots

Thanks for looking and sorry for the long wait lol

• Budgie, Dekay, 2scoops and 16 others like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: led, coco, dutch passion, kush

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.