371 replies to this topic

#1 dal

dal

The Novice

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,148 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 07:48 PM

Happy New Year to one n all and may it bring plenty of good growing for everyone. Fooking love this malarky lol well this is likely gonna be my last soil grow as will be giving the coco a bash once I've ran out all my soil.

I started this plant with my last grow of autos it was a freebie seed that came with the autos and I just assumed it was one as well until a month later and all the autos are hitting the bloom lol. I housed it in a dr60 tent that I use for drying my buds under a 150w dualspec, it's been neglected almost looked dead when I'd forget to water it, quite a few times as well lol.

Once I had some room in my groom I put her in there where she recovered quite well plenty of yellow leaves dropped off but she was too big by now so I had to think of something to get her height down as there's no way I'd be able to house her in flower. After some seriously stoned day dreaming thought I'd flatten her out like a pancake as was perfect with the size of the parabolic she'll be under. I made a trellis like scaffold laying flat and tied evey stem to it, bit of supercropping the odd snapped off one lol kinda works a bit like a scrog. Inspiration came from duke's and usibl diaries for the frame trellis thingy just hope it holds up lol.

The pot is a mixing tub 30 - 40 ltrs think more 40 on the amount of soil it took to re-pot. The bottom was drilled out to buggery heaven, re-potted from a 14.5ltr pot, original soil was JI#2, she was getting quite root bound by time I re-potted her.

Got her planted in gold label special mix soil which should last anything from 3-6 weeks so it says been just under two wks in it so far, I'll start adding some nutes after another week, still waiting on the nutes to arrive and gone with the same as the soil brand gold label for soil A & B.

Attached File  16-12 (5) (1280x1135).jpg   221.07KB   3 downloadsAttached File  DSC_0105 (1280x1215).jpg   183.57KB   2 downloadsAttached File  DSC_0106 (1280x851).jpg   238.95KB   2 downloads

First up here's the cuttings think there's 10 hoping to get at least two, 4 would be good lol all in root riot cubes and under my half lit 250 cfl (I will use this till its dead lol had it for 5yrs now) in my little veg tent, will pot up as soon as roots show in 1ltr pots.

Attached File  DSC_0111 (1280x851).jpg   108.76KB   2 downloadsAttached File  DSC_0112 (1280x851).jpg   79.34KB   2 downloads

And here she is popped her head on the 11 september, 16 weeks and 5days old lol better yeild me some monster crop :lovecrazed: only been feeding water with magnecal+ at 0.5ml-1ltr and ph'd at 6.5

8th dec when brought out of the little ds60 tent

Attached File  8-12 (1) (1133x1280).jpg   345.42KB   2 downloadsAttached File  8-12 (2) (1182x1280).jpg   363.25KB   2 downloads

16th dec the re-pot

Attached File  16-12 (1) (1112x1280).jpg   499.14KB   2 downloadsAttached File  16-12 (2) (917x1280).jpg   415.55KB   2 downloadsAttached File  16-12 (4) (1280x905).jpg   178.46KB   2 downloadsAttached File  16-12 (6) (1116x1280).jpg   469.57KB   2 downloadsAttached File  16-12 (7) (1055x1280).jpg   369.81KB   2 downloads

22nd dec the frame going in

Attached File  frame.jpg   133.42KB   2 downloadsAttached File  frame 2.jpg   137.24KB   2 downloadsAttached File  frame 3.jpg   202.94KB   2 downloadsAttached File  frame 4.jpg   127.51KB   2 downloadsAttached File  frame 5.jpg   91.27KB   2 downloads

30th dec getting there

Attached File  30-12 (2) (1280x960).jpg   119.33KB   2 downloadsAttached File  30-12 (3) (1280x960).jpg   139.23KB   2 downloadsAttached File  30-12 (15) (1280x960).jpg   154.75KB   2 downloads

4th jan another wee bit of training, lsting and supercropping plus I took the cuttings

Attached File  4-1 (5) (1280x851).jpg   205.25KB   2 downloadsAttached File  4-1 (7) (1280x655).jpg   141.14KB   2 downloadsAttached File  4-1 (4) (1280x871).jpg   160.86KB   2 downloads

and how she is today

Attached File  6-1 (3) (1280x851).jpg   135.6KB   2 downloadsAttached File  6-1 (1) (1280x851).jpg   123.76KB   2 downloadsAttached File  6-1 (4) (1280x851).jpg   168.2KB   2 downloadsAttached File  6-1 (6) (1280x851).jpg   178.96KB   2 downloadsAttached File  6-1 (7) (1280x851).jpg   134.17KB   3 downloads

as soon as the cuttings look ready, I'm hoping on 2.5-3 weeks, I'll flip the switch for flower time. Well at last I'm on a photo period it's been too long doing autos but I'm not complaining been a blast getting to grips with them. Likely be adding to this diary as the plant gets on got a lot of regulars to start vegging and get in on the 12/12 to sex them, better get my veg tent upstairs at some point this week and put the dr60 away. Well that's all for me for now so glad to be back into photoperiod.

All the best dal :joint:

• Budgie, Dekay, The Dude Abides and 12 others like this

#2 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,009 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 08:01 PM

hi dal nice job there and im sure the work will be well worth it come harvest i shall follow along and see what a beast you have nurtured,good green luck

• Budgie, denots, FT101 and 2 others like this

#3 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 08:07 PM

'kin ell @ dal, thats a proper beast of a plant. Fingers crossed its an indica dominant pheno to help even more with the stretch to come.
Its always hard to judge scale in pics but it looks like you're going for a pb with her, and in that tub i cant see why not. :sun:
  • duke, denots, dal and 1 other like this

#4 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,009 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 08:10 PM

'kin ell @ dal, thats a proper beast of a plant. Fingers crossed its an indica dominant pheno to help even more with the stretch to come.
Its always hard to judge scale in pics but it looks like you're going for a pb with her, and in that tub i cant see why not. :sun:

you think its big now in mud you wait till we get dal on the coco you will see bigger monsters then,but dal might need to build a bigger groom!peace

• Budgie, dal, mrsDeeks and 1 other like this

#5 dal

dal

The Novice

• Respected User
  • 2,148 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 09:46 PM

hi dal nice job there and im sure the work will be well worth it come harvest i shall follow along and see what a beast you have nurtured,good green luck

Cheers duke I hope so on the beast mate just a couple to 3 weeks see how the potential budsites strengthen up and away she goes I put all the fans on the floor pointing upwards the good thing is will only need the one light on while the cuttings try to take in the veg tent and the parabolic is on 400w setting with the temps at most on 26c usually 24-25c with the RH in mid to high 40's - forgot to add that in the description lol I did have the cuttings in there under the other parabolic with a MH250w but on the 150w setting, was in the way so they had to come out and into the the wee veg tent I'll put them back in once they get into 1ltr pots. Also I forgot to add the lights are set to 18/6. Thanks for all your support mate and super encouragement. All the best to n Tina for the new year mate :mr:

Yeah fingers crossed when she was young was very indica looking here's some pics when I was starting to get sus that she weren't an auto

Attached File  young1.jpg   117.29KB   2 downloadsAttached File  young2.jpg   208.34KB   2 downloadsAttached File  young3.jpg   221.66KB   2 downloads

and when she started her neglected life in the dr60 the original supercropping helped very much when I bent her over for the trellis

Attached File  young4.jpg   237.11KB   2 downloadsAttached File  young5.jpg   166.17KB   2 downloads

Thanks for popping in GB hope I don't disappoint with this one looking forward to this as been a while since I had a photo to play with :toke:

you think its big now in mud you wait till we get dal on the coco you will see bigger monsters then,but dal might need to build a bigger groom!peace

bang on there duke the groom been needing an excuse to make it bigger even the mrs was on about re-doing it larger, I was gobsmacked at her interest and that she could see what I already know n want lol can't wait to get the soil used up and have a go with the coco. Was playing with my ec wand today my water is an ec of 0.3 not much more with mgnecal added but went up to 1.2 when bio-silicon added and then 1.4 when the molasses went in, that's the feed for tomorrow. Ain't gotta a clue what it means lol as don't know ec mark ups for soil???

• Budgie, Dekay, 2scoops and 6 others like this

#6 FT101

FT101

life is a garden dig it 😂

• Respected User
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 10:13 PM

Found yahhhh, very nice touch with the traning mate :D looks to have worked a real treat, also good to see you taking a jump at the coco, its proper great stuff i have started blending it and mixing it with a home made moisturiser, noticed that i have actually started looking younger phahahahahaha
  • Budgie, duke, dal and 1 other like this

#7 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,610 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 02:24 PM

That cream caramel is a bloody monster Dal. I like your style on the supports section, brilliant m8.

• duke, denots, dal and 1 other like this

#8 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,009 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 02:51 PM

Cheers duke I hope so on the beast mate just a couple to 3 weeks see how the potential budsites strengthen up and away she goes I put all the fans on the floor pointing upwards the good thing is will only need the one light on while the cuttings try to take in the veg tent and the parabolic is on 400w setting with the temps at most on 26c usually 24-25c with the RH in mid to high 40's - forgot to add that in the description lol I did have the cuttings in there under the other parabolic with a MH250w but on the 150w setting, was in the way so they had to come out and into the the wee veg tent I'll put them back in once they get into 1ltr pots. Also I forgot to add the lights are set to 18/6. Thanks for all your support mate and super encouragement. All the best to n Tina for the new year mate :mr:

Yeah fingers crossed when she was young was very indica looking here's some pics when I was starting to get sus that she weren't an auto

attachicon.gifyoung1.jpgattachicon.gifyoung2.jpgattachicon.gifyoung3.jpg

and when she started her neglected life in the dr60 the original supercropping helped very much when I bent her over for the trellis

attachicon.gifyoung4.jpgattachicon.gifyoung5.jpg

Thanks for popping in GB hope I don't disappoint with this one looking forward to this as been a while since I had a photo to play with :toke:

bang on there duke the groom been needing an excuse to make it bigger even the mrs was on about re-doing it larger, I was gobsmacked at her interest and that she could see what I already know n want lol can't wait to get the soil used up and have a go with the coco. Was playing with my ec wand today my water is an ec of 0.3 not much more with mgnecal added but went up to 1.2 when bio-silicon added and then 1.4 when the molasses went in, that's the feed for tomorrow. Ain't gotta a clue what it means lol as don't know ec mark ups for soil???

hi dal i never had an ec meter when growing in mud so no idea how it equates in mud my mud days we used tomorite and seaweed extract at half strength never measured fuck all and did ok but looking back to my first soiless mix all the probs i had were ph related and not really feeding issues but in coco you start of needing to use both ec and ph but after a while and sticking strictly to a single brand of ferts my pref being dutch pro as it is cheap easy to use and gives smashing results everytime,you soon get used to your water and how much vinegar it takes to ph and how many mls of nutes makes a given ec and can then just double check for reassurance if you like but tbh it becomes clockwork in coco because your not guessing what they need like in mud.get the groom built while shes keen mate as they change there mind otherwise also them thinking it was there idea means later on when she sees the leccy bill you can just say ,well it was your idea!maybe you could do a mrs beef and give her a shot at growing one,mr and mrs dal does botm,it could work to your advantage that,peace

• Dekay, dal and usibl like this

#9 Dekay

Dekay

Easily distracted by Swilly

• Sleeping Mods
  • 16,177 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 11:21 PM

Isnt this where we came in and met, you with a giant plant or was that LK cant remember now but you done Photos havent you on here, anyway enough rambling that is a real beauty, I put me 8 week vegged blueberry in coco into 12/12 the other day but kept thinking maybe I should do it longer some of the guys on here would ;) I am sure your going to do really well here mate and as always I will be watching ;)

• duke, denots, dal and 2 others like this

#10 usibl

usibl

the be-loved Random March Pixie

• Respected User
  • 2,606 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 12:20 AM

hello sweetie hi ho dal  Ive loved this plant since you first showed the trellis work & wOw look it her now

in that barge/pot mate Im holdin on from over here, shes gonna bust out her walls for sure, Im sure.

lika scrog but mounted to pot instead of walls, you'll like that latter if have to move her about at all.

sending Pixie :love: Love & Pixie :spell: Blessings 

tingly excited to see her progress into & thru flowering (will practice :drool: now)

kindest regard

usibl & sub'd  :hookah:

• Budgie, duke and dal like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cream caramel, 400w, 600w, dualspec, suppercropping, lst, long veg

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.