#11 Doubie

Doubie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 05:17 PM

Lol sorry folks, busy home life

I've got her on clean water, I reckon you're right @mellowed and it's a lockout. There's yellowing around the new leaves now which looks like phosphorous

My background EC is 0.6
I've got 5 others in DWC buckets all on 1.0 EC and doing fine. This northern lights was on 1.0 when it started showing this deficiency so I figured it was just hungry and increased the EC, but didn't work

Edited by dekay, 23 February 2016 - 04:13 PM.

• Dekay, 2scoops, duke and 1 other like this

#12 Doubie

Doubie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 05:45 PM

Adding too much calcium can interfere with uptake of phosphorous and you`ve got hard water which has lots of calcium in it to start all be it shitty calcium carbonate that`s hard to use by the plant , but still some gets in and does get used, whay im getting at is the medium will still have plenty on whether or not the plant can use it and it`s this that will cause lockout of P. Just summink to bear in mind when adding calcium, tis why i like foliar feeding to correct and bollox.

Cheers Jimmi, I was just googling trying to find out what can cause phos lockout besides PH problems
I'm gonna hold off on the Calgreen, and just give basic nutes after a flush
  • Dekay, 2scoops and duke like this

#13 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,599 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 05:58 PM

Cheers Jimmi, I was just googling trying to find out what can cause phos lockout besides PH problems
I'm gonna hold off on the Calgreen, and just give basic nutes after a flush

Well if you`ve had some ferts tailor made by Growers Ark, which is a top UK fert company imo that i`ve used many times to grow good bud and it`s a bonus that they will go out of their way to tailor make their ferts for your water, well then i can`t see point in adding calcium and it`s probably maybe is that what is causing your problems, don`t put them on water cus they need ferts and it will just add to the problems, a quick flush of ph`ed water to wash out any build up of calcium and whatever else then straight back on ferts might be the way forward. Another thing is if your background hard water ec is 0.5 then a fully grown plant wants to be on at least 1.5 ec all in.

• mellowed, Dekay and Doubie like this

#14 Doubie

Doubie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 06:21 PM

Well if you`ve had some ferts tailor made by Growers Ark, which is a top UK fert company imho that i`ve used many times to grow good bud and it`s a bonus that they will go out of their way to tailor make their ferts for your water, well then i can`t see point in adding calcium and it`s probably maybe lol, that what is causing your problems, don`t put them on water cus they need ferts and it will just add to the problems, a quick flush of ph`ed water to wash out any build up of calcium and whatever else then straught back on ferts might be the way forward. Another thing is id your background hard water ec is 0.5 then a fully grown plant wants to be on at least 1.5 ec all in.

Cheers mate, was trying to keep the big ones hungry to let this small northern lights catch up lol it's slowly getting there
She's had a 24hour flush, I'll get some nutrients back into her now
  • mellowed, Dekay, 2scoops and 1 other like this

#15 Doubie

Doubie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 08:04 PM

Couple of days on and she's looking fine again

Cheers :)
  • 2scoops and duke like this

#16 captain beefheart

captain beefheart

original closet gardener !!!

• Respected User
  • 5,840 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 08:25 PM

possibly lacking in N  but deffo a cal issue going on there bach  :pint:

• duke likes this

#17 Smokey

Smokey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 07:21 PM

My bets on calcium def. looks exactly like mine were at about week 5 of veg. I changed my res added some cal/mag and lowered the ph to 5.5 and it got sorted soon after. My water is hard as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 2scoops likes this

#18 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,599 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 09:29 PM

My bets on calcium def. looks exactly like mine were at about week 5 of veg. I changed my res added some cal/mag and lowered the ph to 5.5 and it got sorted soon after. My water is hard as well

Oi oi Smokey :joint:  i thought you were hibernating like a bear, winter and all that lol. Are you growing owt atmo m8 ?

• Dekay and Smokey like this

#19 Smokey

Smokey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 09:33 PM

Oi oi Smokey :joint: i thought you were hibernating like a bear, winter and all that lol. Are you growing owt atmo m8 ?

What's good Jimmy my man :joint: yeah I've had a break but been surfing in the background, not posting until now.

Yeah I'm currently cooking 3x Red Dragon from Barneys and 1x Strawberry Blue on my IWS system. Currently on week 3 of 12/12 and things are going mint matey

• 2scoops likes this

#20 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,599 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 10:01 PM

What's good Jimmy my man :joint: yeah I've had a break but been surfing in the background, not posting until now.

Yeah I'm currently cooking 3x Red Dragon from Barneys and 1x Strawberry Blue on my IWS system. Currently on week 3 of 12/12 and things are going mint matey

Good to here m8, that strawberry blue sounds tastey, is that barneys too ? Are we gonna see a new diary soon as well ? :)

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.