18 replies to this topic

#1 DavieDope

DavieDope

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 01:56 PM

Hey guys I'm finding the hardest part of growing is getting rid of the shit at the end. I normally have 8 plats growing at a time in 25L pots. That's 200L of coco I need to try dump as well as the leaves and branches! I'm para a hell taken that out the house never mind going to a dump n risk getting caught. Question I have is.... Anyone else got this problem and what and where is the best thing to do? 😳
  • duke, Hot Sausage and gingerb like this

#2 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,005 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 02:03 PM

Hey guys I'm finding the hardest part of growing is getting rid of the shit at the end. I normally have 8 plats growing at a time in 25L pots. That's 200L of coco I need to try dump as well as the leaves and branches! I'm para a hell taken that out the house never mind going to a dump n risk getting caught. Question I have is.... Anyone else got this problem and what and where is the best thing to do? 😳

recycling the coco and whats left other than thicker stems and roots gets oiled and then dried and mixed with my compost heap in the garden then next year it will be used in my garden vegetable plot,or just take it to the dump and throw it in the green recycling which is all composted anyway so as long as you dont throw in the bags you home free,its a bit heavy though when wet and you would get away with it just being soil cleared from a raised bed or border if asked,peace

• Budgie, 2scoops, Hot Sausage and 1 other like this

#3 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 02:07 PM

Wash out and re-use the coco? Adding some cannazyme to it to eat up all the dead roots. I think Duke uses his three or four times before composting it. I wouldn't be trying the great escape, down the pants with a bit of string method though :P

Leafs/stalks/rootballs, chop them up squish into black bags, double/triple bagged and drop it in the trash bin the morning of collection day. And don't forget that you could use a lot of them for hash/oil if you that way inclined @DavieDope

• duke, Hot Sausage, Solo Quin and 2 others like this

#4 DavieDope

DavieDope

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 02:18 PM

Cheers guys was going to look into recycling the coco. What do I need to do? Add cannazyme to the previous grow? Then after chop remove stock and rootball andtake the pots of coco into the shower and give I a good rinse out. Then finally top up with fresh stuff? Would that be right?
  • Budgie and duke like this

#5 Ken Erbis

Ken Erbis

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 02:23 PM

• Budgie, CocoMonkey, Lab Rat and 2 others like this

#6 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,005 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 02:24 PM

Cheers guys was going to look into recycling the coco. What do I need to do? Add cannazyme to the previous grow? Then after chop remove stock and rootball andtake the pots of coco into the shower and give I a good rinse out. Then finally top up with fresh stuff? Would that be right?

yes thats what i used to do now i dont waste money on zymes though earthworms in your coco means the worms eat the dead roots and aerate the coco even more and they live quite happily even in coco using chemical ferts,if your into fishing they make good bait!just your common earthworm they go in every coco grow now some is on 5th use and works sweet,peace

• Budgie, Dekay, Hot Sausage and 1 other like this

#7 DavieDope

DavieDope

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 03:15 PM

Love the vid Ken lol. That's mind blowing to me mate lol do the worms now there's a thought.... U might of just opened up a can.....
  • Budgie and Ken Erbis like this

#8 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 06:12 PM

I just double black bag it and stick it in the wheelie bin the morning of the bin collection then i add shit loada rubbish on the top, it`s all i`ve ever done since day one, the wheelie bin takes 50 litres at a time without worrying and household rubbish on top, why would anyone wanna look through the crap unless it`s some real spy game type shit. Once you done it a few times you will wonder what all the fuss was about. :)

Sensyzym by Advanced is a better zyme prodyct than cannazym, it contains alot more different types of zymes maybe as much as 3 or 4 times as many, i forgot to be exact, but its alot more, summink along the lines of cannazym has nearly 20 in and sensyzym closer 60+ if memory is working right. But just use it in your feeding programme. :) . I suppose you could add it when you wash and pre-soak the coco to clean buffer it to right ph again, but whats point it will work on the job when the plants growing. I dont think you will get as many uses with it as Duke does, he uses really corse coco compared to canna`s which is ground up fine.

• Budgie, duke and DavieDope like this

#9 DavieDope

DavieDope

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 08:12 PM

Nice 1 guys Iv always been told not to dump in your own bin for extra security but my experience so far driving abt with that shit is way more risky. My bins get emptied ever fortnight so ur prob right jimmi 50l a time should be alright 😀
  • Budgie, 2scoops and duke like this

#10 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 08:28 PM

Nice 1 guys Iv always been told not to dump in your own bin for extra security but my experience so far driving abt with that shit is way more risky. My bins get emptied ever fortnight so ur prob right jimmi 50l a time should be alright 😀

M8 if you sling it in the bin on the day its emptied double bagged, then just sling some household waste on top, who the fuck wants to rummage through that shit and iv`e never seen my binman look once in the bin, he slings it on the the wagon and it gets tipped at landfill and bingo, jobs a good en. Bins a bit heavy but it doesnt worry those blokes, light as a feather to them, in fact first few times i did it that was my worry, bins a bit heavy lol, but nah........ iv`e even curtain twictched and watch them empty it when i first started doing it, no worries at all. :)

• Budgie, duke, DavieDope and 2 others like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.