19 replies to this topic

#1 Roy Cropper

Roy Cropper

grow, smoke, eat, repeat.

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 10:05 AM

got some of this tropic mix from the shop, its the shops take on canna terra pro plus but this has nutrient in it, pre fertilised if you like ! 

first time i had a go at it and tbh I'm not a fan, got a white furry like mould on top of the pots, (top of medium) and i noticed some discolour on some leaves, i have no idea what it is but i do reckon its something to do with the medium, i did freeze it first like i do with all terra as to de-bug it maybe this has had an effect seeing as this contains nutrient, 

anyway enough rambling, heres a pic

Attached File  IMG_4572.jpg   161.54KB   1 downloads

Attached File  IMG_4573.jpg   194.06KB   1 downloads

its done this to dna lemon skunk fems and  jilly bean regs ! the pic is a dna lemon 

Edited by Roy Cropper, 01 March 2016 - 10:06 AM.

• Budgie, 2scoops, duke and 1 other like this

#2 mellowed

mellowed

The Untroubled One

• Sleeping Mods
  • 4,266 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 12:33 PM

It doesnt look to bad mate but not perfect.
Have you checked the ph?

The mouldy white stuff is either white mould or could be the excess salts within the medium showing up.

If the ph is where it should be then its able to feed but cant so its either locked out due to the mouldy stuff in the medium and roots or its simply starting to run out of the nutrients in the medium.

adding great white shark or some other type of mycorra bacteria or benifical bennies will help that a lot.
but first. Check ph. If ph is out then flush it clean an feed. If that doesnt help then treat roots an medium with gws etc.

Keep us updated mate :)
  • duke, Roy Cropper, THC F13ND and 1 other like this

#3 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,005 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 12:37 PM

a foliar feed of high ec veg nutes twice a day for 2-3 days and check your ph meter calibration is what i would suggest,good luck

• Roy Cropper and THC F13ND like this

#4 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 02:51 PM

I don`t think its anything worth worrying about too much, i remember seeing it last week in one of your pictures and tbh it doesnt look any worse.

• mellowed, duke, Roy Cropper and 1 other like this

#5 THC F13ND

THC F13ND

Landrace enthusiast

• Respected User
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 02:29 AM

I'd say more or less the same as the other answers here; probably a ph issue, some of the seedlings I have going just now have the same kind of discolouration, checked my water ph, was 7.7, a touch of ph down to get it to around 6.5 and the new growth isn't showing it, just nice and green as it should be :D

• 2scoops, duke and Roy Cropper like this

#6 Roy Cropper

Roy Cropper

• Respected User
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 11:15 AM

cheers lads ! 

@ mellowed its crazy when i think about it, i have some ecothrive charge, (soil/coco conditioner full of bennies) and some mikos root inoculant in the cupboard totally forgot about em, the charge stuff is good gear imho ! suppose i could top dress some 

need to stop dabbin i do ! 

• Budgie, mellowed and duke like this

#7 mellowed

mellowed

The Untroubled One

• Sleeping Mods
  • 4,266 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 12:59 PM

I would mate. just to balance it out a bit. Bennies wont do an harm at all.
  • 2scoops, duke and Roy Cropper like this

#8 Roy Cropper

Roy Cropper

• Respected User
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 11:53 PM

my mistake, the pic is a jilly bean reg, here it is now 

Attached File  IMG_4612.jpg   235.29KB   0 downloads

Attached File  IMG_4613.jpg   223.35KB   0 downloads

Attached File  IMG_4614.jpg   237KB   0 downloads

Attached File  IMG_4615.jpg   216.5KB   0 downloads

its the only one to persist with this problem as the lemons are flying and so are the other jilly's,

i think it could of been ph lockout as i checked the water i was giving them and it read 7.3ph, i adjusted down to 5.8 drenched em and it seems to have sorted em out, apart from the one in the pic, it is a reg so i don't know if to just bin it off, got another so fingers crossed not just for a female but for a good pheno, got em on a 0.6ec feed now too ! 

dna lemon 

Attached File  IMG_4616.jpg   230.24KB   0 downloads

Attached File  IMG_4618.jpg   218.81KB   0 downloads

• Budgie, 2scoops, duke and 1 other like this

#9 Fonzee

Fonzee

Yekke Seeds breeder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 11:44 AM

7.3 is very OK for pre-fertilized soil. 5.8 is way too low. It seems you are having a calcium - magnesium deficiency.

• Roy Cropper likes this

#10 Roy Cropper

Roy Cropper

• Respected User
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 11:15 AM

@ Fonzee its not soil as such, coco and peat, and shite lol won't be using that again ! got em in the old canna coco pro now and flying m8 checkout the coconuts thread, i just put some pics up of em now ! 

• duke and Dex like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.