228 replies to this topic

#11 paul_led_126pro

paul_led_126pro

Starting out

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 06:07 PM

I ain't into sitting for hours in end waiting for puddle pigs to bite I get too fidgety and restless / bored .
At the moment I am concentrating on perch on light rubber jigs and lures . Always catch a few pike along the way and if ya lucky chub and trout on the rivers

In winter it's all about pike :-)

Paul
  • Tezza, Roy Cropper, Paulie and 1 other like this

#12 Tezza

Tezza

Has clean fingernails

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 06:10 PM

Just haven't had the chance tbh, the old lakes i fished was closed for over 3 months :(, then my mate i fish with was busy with work so that was me fooked :(. Well in on the match 2nd will do nicely fella, cant knock £50 for 1 fish lol. Yeah it is a tad warm, i know there still coming out my mate had 5 out last week before he went to France the lucky fooker. Nice that the big girls are showing for you before the small stuff lol. Well were play that by ear ill go to enjoy my first trip out and if i catch its a bonus :).

• Roy Cropper, Paulie and Horse Badorties like this

#13 Tezza

Tezza

Has clean fingernails

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:56 PM

On my last night on the new syndicate with nothing to report from me anyway lol. Only one has come out and that was a 32 1/2 lbs on bread on top. Well the traps are set im just waiting now.
Just had lamb curry and rice and a few chips for tea and a 16cm long cheese roll for pudding :).
vy8udasu.jpg
myhu9y6a.jpg

A view from the swim..
4u8u6e5y.jpg
  • Cybes, The Clone Ranger, Weedgie and 4 others like this

#14 Renagade4-20

Renagade4-20

LST Freak

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:37 PM

samlon/trout/pike fisher checking in. love my game fish.

lovely swim and cheese roll mate :)

happy plants and tight lines folks
ren
  • Tezza, Paulie and Horse Badorties like this

#15 Tezza

Tezza

Has clean fingernails

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:45 PM

Nice, we ent got many places to fish for salmon, poached (guested) for trout, had over 40lb between 2 of us out of the river one night lol.

Thanks fella it went down a treat so had to have another roll and listen to this on the ipod.
ehe2eren.jpg.

Chilling out a treat [emoji39].
  • Renagade4-20, Paulie and Horse Badorties like this

#16 Renagade4-20

Renagade4-20

LST Freak

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:03 PM

Nice, we ent got many places to fish for salmon, poached (guested) for trout, had over 40lb between 2 of us out of the river one night lol.

Thanks fella it went down a treat so had to have another roll and listen to this on the ipod.
ehe2eren.jpg.

Chilling out a treat [emoji39].

awsome mate :) my type of guy, good lad.how many fish was the 40lb?

my biggest dolagahan trout(irish lough neigh species) this season was 8 1/2 lb. no salmon on the hook but gaffed a 10lb 3oz fish wen a saw it running up the falls. lovely dinner it was lol. i dont poach but i had to have one salmon this season so out came the gaff.

my mate took the river record this year for a 21lb salmon and an 18lb brown trout( again a dolaghan)!!!! fuckin beast it was. seems theres less fish but a bigger size in our river now so no idea how numbers can drop but fish are bigger? ne ideas?

rainbow trout i dont rate. caught plenty of 8lb + fish this year but there a shit fight compared to a brown or a river king. in fact i had 4lb brown just before a big rainbow easily twice the size and the brown was and are a superior fighting fish. dont get me wrong if you catch a rainbow at the right time ya can have some fight but overall a brown is such a nice fight.

however nothing beats a big salmon ripping half your spool off and trying to drag you behind it. that is fun altho not great when your smoking a nice roll lol

keeep er lit
ren
  • Tezza, Paulie and Horse Badorties like this

#17 paul_led_126pro

paul_led_126pro

Starting out

• Respected User
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 08:51 PM

I'm all about the pike ! Nothink finer than being sat behind mi alarms on a cold frosty winters morning while knocking out a big sexy fry up mmm

Paul
  • Paulie and Horse Badorties like this

#18 Tezza

Tezza

Has clean fingernails

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 01:51 PM

Love the pike myself too, nothing like going for 3 nights in -4 and waking up and cant have a drink coz the water bottle froze solid and i didn't fill the kettle, i don't forget to fill the fucker any more pmsl.

• rassensi, Paulie and Horse Badorties like this

#19 Weedgie

Weedgie

consistantly average

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:38 PM

just thought id chime in.

my favourite kinda fishing has gotta be river fishing for brownies, love just sitting by the riverbank, setting my gear up, casting a bit of bait in (worm maggot or stick bait) then lighting up a pre rolled J then keeping an eye on precedings......if theres any lol.

sometimes i set a fly rod up and get that going aswell while the bait rod does its thing.  thankfully both rods havent went of at the same time ha

p.s.  loving the lamb curry & cheese roll idea tezza ha, i usually just take sandwiches,crisps,chocolate and lucozade. i need to think bigger!

#20 paul_led_126pro

paul_led_126pro

Starting out

• Respected User
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 05:40 PM

I am off down canal soon maggot bashing then live bait for pike

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.