228 replies to this topic

#61 rassensi

rassensi

Grass growing out of my ears

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 07:03 AM

@captain beefheart been fishing that way for years buddy just not aloud to use live bait on my local stretch of river now days some monster pike round my way as well and some very nice double figure barbel as well new record last year about 17 and half pound barbel but for pike your can't beat an old spoon lure ;)
  • Roy Cropper, Paulie, BIGLUMPAGREEN and 1 other like this

#62 rassensi

rassensi

• Respected User
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 07:11 AM

Got to love the derwent :)

Attached Files

• Roy Cropper, Paulie, BIGLUMPAGREEN and 1 other like this

#63 rassensi

rassensi

• Respected User
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 07:19 AM

Love being down by the river would be there all the time if I could lol

Attached Files

• Roy Cropper, Paulie and BIGLUMPAGREEN like this

#64 Paulie

Paulie

old git!

• Respected User
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 09:20 PM

Went to a small day ticket lake today,my 2nd time ever at a fishery and 1st time fishing on the bottom...
Sweetcorn was my bait choice coz aldi didnt have any tins of luncheon meat ffs...None of this carp rod malarky,i took my faithful sea flattie rod and a 9ft spinning rod lol...
after 3hrs of nothing i bent down to reel my spinning rod in and the other rod took off innit...fook me these carp can fight,cant wait to get a bigger 1😀...it was the only fish of the day but well worth it for the scrap.dont know the weight coz i got no scales but the mat is 100cm long and couldnt get pic of me holding it coz i was there on my own lol.....gonna get some luncheon meat and boilies when i go next☺....
Attached File  IMAG1683.jpg   105.56KB   0 downloadsAttached File  IMAG1682.jpg   87.78KB   0 downloadsAttached File  IMAG1680.jpg   73.53KB   0 downloadsAttached File  IMAG1679.jpg   133.45KB   0 downloadsAttached File  IMAG1677.jpg   110.24KB   0 downloads
Cheeky fookin water rat kept coming and nicking me sweetcorn lol...
Attached File  IMAG1674.jpg   98.91KB   0 downloadsAttached File  IMAG1676.jpg   70.78KB   0 downloads
Can you spot him?
Attached File  IMAG1675.jpg   104.29KB   0 downloads

Can anyone tell me what kind of carp it is plz,is it a common☺?,and any suggestions on weight would be nice😀
  • The Dude Abides, Roy Cropper, Petal and 4 others like this

#65 captain beefheart

captain beefheart

original closet gardener !!!

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,840 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 09:29 PM

duw duw  paulie....fuk the carp look @ that rat bach put a saddle on that ewe could ride the fuka...........yuka veeeeee  dont like them fukas see :huh:

• The Dude Abides, Roy Cropper, rassensi and 2 others like this

#66 Hot Sausage

Hot Sausage

Totally Batterd

• Respected User
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 09:36 PM

Nice common carp, I'd say 10-12 lb
  • The Dude Abides, Roy Cropper, Paulie and 1 other like this

#67 The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides

No Funny Stuff

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 09:39 PM

Nice one Paulie, I was going to guess exactly as Saus said above, not been fishing for 30 odd yrs, I'll have to go again.

That's no water rat (vole), that's a common or garden brown rat, hit it over the head with your rod rest.

All good things

TDA

• Roy Cropper, Hot Sausage, Paulie and 2 others like this

#68 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 12:05 AM

around ten lbs great looker as well , for the fight you get carp are the best fun next best is a 10 plus smooth hound :D

• The Dude Abides, Roy Cropper, Paulie and 2 others like this

#69 Roy Cropper

Roy Cropper

grow, smoke, eat, repeat.

• Respected User
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 02:48 PM

forgot i started this thread and forgot i used to be an avid fisherman, forgot where my skins are too so ill have another dab, then I'm off to dust off the rods and rucksack, i'll be going down the river soon i reckon ! hunting for barbus barbus, thats latin for barbel ! trent i reckon for a big un or wye for sport ! hmm decisions decisions ! 

• The Dude Abides, Hot Sausage, Paulie and 1 other like this

#70 Paulie

Paulie

old git!

• Respected User
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 11:03 PM

Hey guys,can i pick your carping brains plz...
I cant wait to get down the lake again and and will be taking sweetcorn,boilies and luncheon meat.I been told to feed margin with corn and use meat as the hook bait with 1 rod and lob out a boilie into the swim with the other rod..my questions are..
How long do you leave your baits in the water between casts?,i assume longer for boilies but not very long with meat and corn coz they are soft?..
Do i chuck pieces of boilie in over where i cast the boilie bait?
Fook me i said boilies loads of times then lol
Any tips and advice welcome and appreciated☺..
Cheers...🎣
  • The Dude Abides, Hot Sausage and Horse Badorties like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.