228 replies to this topic

#81 Roy Cropper

Roy Cropper

grow, smoke, eat, repeat.

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 12:05 AM

@Hot Sausage I used to use a cut down straw from a calypo drink, the ones in the plastic pots ! Pass the hair thru that so meat won't come off on impact off hitting the water,
Reminds me I gotta get a night on the river this week !

Oh and chods are for nods, the same nods who can't tie their own chod's, so go shop and buy pre-made chods ! Nods !
  • Forest, Hot Sausage, Paulie and 1 other like this

#82 captain beefheart

captain beefheart

original closet gardener !!!

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,840 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 12:10 AM

@Hot Sausage I used to use a cut down straw from a calypo drink, the ones in the plastic pots ! Pass the hair thru that so meat won't come off on impact off hitting the water,
Reminds me I gotta get a night on the river this week !

Oh and chods are for nods, the same nods who can't tie their own chod's, so go shop and buy pre-made chods ! Nods !

oi cropper old jack duckworth swore on the SPOD technic see...load up the SPOD with a good old mix of catfood sweetcorn and spam ....lob it out to pre bate the swim :D   SPOD`S  are the way forward roy even norris has caught on to the SPOD  ;)   but a sack of lime works quicker says les battesby ;)   dodgy fuka les see :D

• Forest, Roy Cropper, Paulie and 2 others like this

#83 Roy Cropper

Roy Cropper

• Respected User
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 12:57 AM

@captain beefheart I've said it before and say say it again, chods are for nods !
And it seems to me that a few of the members here are mates with old Marty mcfly ! He rang again and told me that when he's passed round jims for light bulbs he'll be round for the SPOD he lent you see, SPOMB is the way nowadays beefy me old China, same as a SPOD but rocket shaped, Google em but ffs don't give one to mcfly ! He'll go back to the 80's and slay carp matches see ! Won't be fair like !
The lime kills the naturals (food) and breaks down silt on the bottom, good stuff in a way !
  • Hot Sausage, Paulie, captain beefheart and 1 other like this

#84 captain beefheart

captain beefheart

• Respected User
  • 5,840 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 01:03 AM

@captain beefheart I've said it before and say say it again, chods are for nods !
And it seems to me that a few of the members here are mates with old Marty mcfly ! He rang again and told me that when he's passed round jims for light bulbs he'll be round for the SPOD he lent you see, SPOMB is the way nowadays beefy me old China, same as a SPOD but rocket shaped, Google em but ffs don't give one to mcfly ! He'll go back to the 80's and slay carp matches see ! Won't be fair like !
The lime kills the naturals (food) and breaks down silt on the bottom, good stuff in a way !

aye cropper bach...ive never used a spod myself but i seen that fuka ......on the telly use 1 i jest thought i`d sound up onnit see....tbh last time i caught a carp it was a 32 lb fuka.....on a catfood mix of doh.....flour + water with kitty kat chucked in,i still use a bamboo rod mun bach............rule to thumb royston,dont believe eveything on the interwebb bach :haha:   fuk me im a daft bugger on times see bach ;)

• Roy Cropper, Hot Sausage, Paulie and 1 other like this

#85 Roy Cropper

Roy Cropper

• Respected User
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 01:06 AM

Mon the bamboo rod mun !
  • Hot Sausage, Paulie, captain beefheart and 1 other like this

#86 captain beefheart

captain beefheart

• Respected User
  • 5,840 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 01:08 AM

Mon the bamboo rod mun !

well roy bach....it was 1981 last time i fished ;)  btw mrsb sold my cane rod @ a bootsale a tenner back 10 year ago....i came home from work 1 day she said oooo btw honey i sold that old fishing tackle in the shed i hadnt used it for  10 years see bach,she thought it was all old crap :angry:
truth

• Hot Sausage, Paulie, BIGLUMPAGREEN and 1 other like this

#87 Hot Sausage

Hot Sausage

Totally Batterd

• Respected User
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 09:47 AM

I often use the naked chod rig, caught a fair few crackers on it too
Attached File  image.jpeg   47.17KB   0 downloads
  • Roy Cropper, Paulie and Horse Badorties like this

#88 Roy Cropper

Roy Cropper

• Respected User
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 11:22 AM

@Hot Sausage nod lol I used to bailiff a water and chods were banned, so we're naked rigs ! and what's worse than a chod ? A naked one ! Deadly rig for fish m8, fuck what the magazines tell you they are full of shit ! Never seen such a dangerous set up ! I did use it myself till I saw it taking scales off fish but I used 3ft (leader) of fluorocarbon line for it, caught I dont know how many sandy 30's on it !
Devastating rig if not used with 4oz leads ! But not so fish safe imho hence why the gaffer banned em !

I used to fish it either running, or fixed but at least a foot of the lead !

You can spot a chod nod a mile off, chods with bowstring tight lines lol

Try it with a wafter or real slow sinker instead of a pop up, winner !

Or a chod stringer for this time of year, pva string 3 baits and tie from hook bait to swivel so it can still spin round the leader, a horseshoe winter bay favourite !
  • Hot Sausage, Paulie and Horse Badorties like this

#89 Hot Sausage

Hot Sausage

Totally Batterd

• Respected User
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 11:52 AM

I have the Korda gizmo that drops the lead on the take, literally end up with just the rig and the mainline.
No different to a surface fishing set up, in terms of fish safety imo.

#90 Hot Sausage

Hot Sausage

Totally Batterd

• Respected User
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 12:01 PM

I been fishing for over 30 years and my uk pb is just 26lb :(
So I'm quite the noddy

I don't always fish a choddy anyway, it depends on what lake I'm fishing
There is one lake where I only use vitalin on a method ball and I do real well with it.
I haven't even fished on the bottom at all this year and have caught more than I normally would do all season. Had a couple of 20s and lots of fish in there teens, all on dog biscuit off the top

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.