29 replies to this topic

#1 CountryBoy

CountryBoy

Daft as a brush and twice as hairy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 06:03 PM

I had a little idea the other day, n for once it may be a good'un! I ran it passed good budgie n he liked it so Im putting up a thread to see what you all think. The idea is the 'second chance seed bank' basically members could donate any spare seeds they have to go into a little bank for any new members that have their first grow go tips up, that way they could get another grow going asap! Obviously they would have to have a diary n be active on the forum etc etc but as a basic idea what does everyone think? All views, suggestions and opinions are more than welcome :D
  • Budgie, mellowed, hazed bunny and 12 others like this

#2 hazed bunny

hazed bunny

doing bunny stuff

• Sleeping Mods
  • 15,201 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 06:06 PM

Brilliant idea hun i say got for it. May be that wee light at the end of a dark tunnel when things go tits up 😊😊.
  • Budgie, 2scoops, duke and 3 others like this

#3 wah wah

wah wah

I don,t like fish..

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 06:13 PM

Good idea cb...got a few in me draw doing now,t....

• Budgie, 2scoops, duke and 4 others like this

#4 CountryBoy

CountryBoy

Daft as a brush and twice as hairy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 06:25 PM

Brilliant idea hun i say got for it. May be that wee light at the end of a dark tunnel when things go tits up 😊😊.

Init bunny, it's soul destroying when it all goes wrong, n I know a fair few people who've tried, failed n sold their kit on ebay lol It could give em a leg up n get em back in the saddle again!

Good idea cb...got a few in me draw doing now,t....

Nice one wah mate! I've got a few to chuck in n all! How's things mate? Long time no speak!
  • Budgie, hazed bunny, 2scoops and 4 others like this

#5 wah wah

wah wah

I don,t like fish..

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 06:29 PM

Im ok cb....same old...same old...still making a dick of myself....

• Budgie, 2scoops, duke and 3 others like this

#6 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,001 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 07:06 PM

I had a little idea the other day, n for once it may be a good'un! I ran it passed good budgie n he liked it so Im putting up a thread to see what you all think. The idea is the 'second chance seed bank' basically members could donate any spare seeds they have to go into a little bank for any new members that have their first grow go tips up, that way they could get another grow going asap! Obviously they would have to have a diary n be active on the forum etc etc but as a basic idea what does everyone think? All views, suggestions and opinions are more than welcome :D

hi cb i sort of allready do this i often get seeds i will not grow and many fems and i do try give them to those who will be sure to grow them rather than just stashing them for later speaking of which i have some i meant to post today! its affording postage costs is often my problem being on limited income or i would run something more permanent,i sure can find a few good beans i have but wont grow as they not good for meds,peace

• Budgie, 2scoops, denots and 5 others like this

#7 mellowed

mellowed

The Untroubled One

• Sleeping Mods
  • 4,266 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 07:47 PM

Im the same as duke.
Ive got a draw full ( well i did have ) which when i see a grow goin tits up then i will offer them to make folks feel better.

Its nothing official for the forum but something we do for fun.
  • Budgie, duke, denots and 4 others like this

#8 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 09:47 PM

Maybe create a Second Chance seedbank thread and members can put up a list of what they have available. This can then become a collective pool of goodies for those who have fails, disasters, tugs, fall on hard times etc to call upon if the need arises.

Theres a danger that total newbs would grab and run so would need some sort of qualifying criteria (min posts or member for minimum time), but nothing too restrictive. And donors will be expected to be discreet regarding posting/security etc.

Good idea CB :)
  • mellowed, Dekay, duke and 6 others like this

#9 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 10:05 PM

I think that listing what's available might make it look like/turn it into a request thing, whereas it's more a case of "here's a present to make up for your loss"

As for criteria.. A failed diary, maybe?
  • Budgie, mellowed, duke and 4 others like this

#10 Funky

Funky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 10:06 PM

Is there s risk noobs will be sent crap seeds? Should there be a limit on age of seeds/how they are strored/etc?
  • Budgie, duke, denots and 2 others like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.