Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 12:16 PM

pound land have coco nutes a quid for 200ml there is grow bloom and pk boost 

the make is hydro

cheap enough you use it at 2ml per litre it says in the bottle  so it works out 5 quid per litre  got to be worth a punt ive bought some today to try

• 2scoops, duke, Zipp and 1 other like this

#2 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,603 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 12:32 PM

Im interested, keep us filled in how they fair, ive been contemplating their pk boost.

• duke, Forest and Roy Cropper like this

#3 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 01:35 PM

will do it was the pk boost i needed for my current grow  it says they work in soil as well  5 quid a litre would be nice if they are any good

• 2scoops, duke and Roy Cropper like this

#4 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,003 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 03:03 PM

hi i have used there grow bloom and pk they all work ok but being half organic and half chem means only half will register on an ec meter also once opened they need using quickly or turn to what looks like spunk bits and blocks drippers and becomes very alkaline with ph of 8+ and working it out compared with my usual dutch pro nutes the poundland works out twice as much in the long run,so yes they are sort of ok and i would use it again esp the veg one,good luck

• 2scoops, Forest and Roy Cropper like this

#5 captain beefheart

captain beefheart

original closet gardener !!!

• Respected User
  • 5,840 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 11:50 PM

ferts is ferts mun bach....ive siad it over and over for about a decade on the boards,ewe can use any ferts ewe wanna,theres no magic one what so ever,its all down to reading your plants and feeding as and when they need it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ferts is ferts is how ewe administer the stuff that matters  :pissed:

• Budgie, duke, Forest and 1 other like this

#6 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 11:53 PM

yep agree there 

• duke and captain beefheart like this

#7 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 11:57 PM

hi i have used there grow bloom and pk they all work ok but being half organic and half chem means only half will register on an ec meter also once opened they need using quickly or turn to what looks like spunk bits and blocks drippers and becomes very alkaline with ph of 8+ and working it out compared with my usual dutch pro nutes the poundland works out twice as much in the long run,so yes they are sort of ok and i would use it again esp the veg one,good luck

i dont mind the ec thing i can live without that  i do like my dutch master nutes but ill try these i grow flowers in coco in the garden ill give them a go out there this year  and my pal has a grow on that i direct,  he can use them for flowering

• duke and captain beefheart like this

#8 captain beefheart

captain beefheart

original closet gardener !!!

• Respected User
  • 5,840 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 12:02 AM

i dont mind the ec thing i can live without that  i do like my dutch master nutes but ill try these i grow flowers in coco in the garden ill give them a go out there this year  and my pal has a grow on that i direct,  he can use them for flowering

well im running ionics green fuse organics and their ml per litre is just about bang on cf/ec levels on my 9 year old truncheon,of course organic nutes register on the meter  :doh:   who the fuck told ewe that duke ??  DUW DUW some    :cowboy:

• duke and Forest like this

#9 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 07:32 AM

ive just had a closer look and it has a  declared Ec npk value   so it must show on a ec meter , the bottles are not sealed  either so  being open will not mater you must of got a bad one duke or it got a bit of sth like silica some nutes will not mix unless they are diluted first  the white spunky stuff sounds like  just like most nutes go when mixed together with out being diluted

• duke and Roy Cropper like this

#10 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,003 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 11:29 AM

ferts is ferts mun bach....ive siad it over and over for about a decade on the boards,ewe can use any ferts ewe wanna,theres no magic one what so ever,its all down to reading your plants and feeding as and when they need it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ferts is ferts is how ewe administer the stuff that matters  :pissed:

hi capt i thought like you do once too,but read this it makesit all clearer,

Limitations of EC
It is important to recognise that while EC gives a good indication of the strength of a nutrient solution, it has its limitations. The first is that the EC gives absolutely no indication of the nutrient balance of that solution. The second is that it does not measure any non-ionic components in the solution. This means that when using organic fertilisers, the solution strength will be higher than indicated by its EC, because most carbon-based compounds are not ionic and won’t register on an EC meter.

link to source    http://www.hydroponi...l-conductivity/

Bioponics: A Strange Hybrid

When Hydroponics Meets Organics

Bioponics, a method of growing coined by hydroponics veteran William Texier, involves the use of certified-organic nutrients in a hydroponic solution along with a substrate. It provides an alternative to hydroponic growing with synthetic fertilizers, and it’s been catching on as more and more growers enjoy the challenge of combining growing techniques in the search for healthier, tastier results. Read on to see if you have what it takes to give bioponics a go.

Bioponics is a strange hybrid of hydroponics and organics—two approaches to gardening that are typically thought of as opposites. Hydroponics is the practice of growing plants with a neutral substrate, or with just the plant roots bathing in a nutrient solution, whereas organic farming relies on soil as the primary source of nutrients for plants. I managed to combine these methods in 2005 when I created bioponics, which involves the use of a certified-organic nutrient in a hydroponic solution along with a substrate, or even just bare roots. With bioponics, it is possible to grow organic produce using hydroponic technologies.

Organic vs. Mineral Nutrients

Understanding how a bioponic system works begins with an examination of the main differences between organic and mineral nutrients. For this explanation, assume that the food source absorbed by the plant is the exact same in both cases. When a mineral salt is dissolved in water, it dissolves in the form of an ion (an element with an electrical charge) that is able to be taken up by the plant immediately. In an organic nutrient formula, the same mineral is enclosed inside an organic molecule. For the mineral to become available to the plant, the organic molecule needs to be broken down 

Electro Conductivity

In a bioponic system, you need to keep the electrical conductivity at a much lower level than you would for a mineral solution. This is because as long as the mineral is not released from the organic molecule, it does not register on your EC meter. In other words, you have more food in your bioponic solution than the meter shows. That being said, do not put too much fertilizer in your bioponics tank. A little goes a long way in these systems. You will notice that not a lot of nutrients are required to achieve a nice crop in a bioponic system. Start with an EC of 0.6-0.7 mS, which corresponds to around 2 ml per liter of nutrients. Raise the EC over the course of a week to 1 mS. Add more nutrients if the EC drops below 0.8 mS, but don’t raise it over 1 mS.

You can also determine the optimal moment to add more nutrients just by looking carefully at your plants, their roots and the color and transparency of your nutrient solution. Bioponics is managed by the eye as much as with pH and EC meters. This step is all about balance, as a large amount of organic matter in the system might have a counterproductive effect by blocking roots. Just be careful to give your plants all they need without going over!

this will be my method for my next photoperiod grow using ionics and ugro coco just for a change,peace

• Budgie, 2scoops and Dex like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.