Photo
- - - - -

LOL... so I should have been here all along not THCT?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 White Warg

White Warg

Brouhaha Hooha

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 06:53 PM

Just read the founding statement, this is the place all the THCT users fled too.

THCTalk continued under the same sole-ownership for 7 years of its life. Until shortly before its birthday in May 2014, it was sold to an American-based marketing company who attempt to buy up small communities in an attempt to monetise them, a tactic which was completely against the ethos of THCTalks community. 

This caused a great deal of distress amongst the members as there was literally no notice of this happening. Even the dedicated team of volunteer Admins and Moderators were not informed in advanced, leading to a mass exodus of a lot of old-time, experienced members and long-standing pillars of the community. Not only this, but the new owners came crashing onto the forum with a torrent of aggressive remarks against the bosses now style comments, and a team of inexperienced moderators  :confused:

LOL... got to experience a rerun of that. This explanation makes so much sense!

I joined THCT last year (having never grown) and met some great people on it (the likes of Bud Lightgear, Oxy, Sam/007) but you could see a vast amount of historic people were under the ban/guest account. Now, it's not unusual for a forum to purge out troublesome types, but these people were clearly amazing - intelligent, funny, helpful, experienced. There was "something something politics" but nobody would ever mention the name of this forum, unlike you guys are are unafraid to name-check your previous home. That sentence says it all.

Anyway, though I got on with other growers and helped out newbies, I marked my scorecard on a couple of issues, both of which were (of course) dealing with sponsors. [Long story short, THCT Seed City have almost a 2-week UK domestic turnaround, Mars Hydro sell lights they know explode but keep selling them and refuse refunds.]

I guess you don't bite the hands that feed the corporate overlords. :D

Well, that's okay. I used Herbies before and I'll use Herbies again. The two orders I've made from Herbies had 24 hour turnaround, but I'd be content with 48 hours. [Seed City were 240 hours, UK domestic]. And I won't be using a Mars Hydro light again as I've just bought some amazing PlantPhotonic panels.

So, so much happier for the 2nd grow. Have the proper seedbank sorted. Have the proper lights sorted. But most important of all, I've finally found the PROPER home of UK cannabis growing.

As for my grow, it'll be four mixed photoperiods, all for personal use (me recreational, partner medical).

I'll start a diary. I'll start saying hello to you individually.

Let's start this off with a shout-out HELLO WORLD!

• Budgie, mellowed, Dekay and 24 others like this

#2 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,003 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 07:03 PM

@stonedwolf welcome to the green circle its like thc talk but without the twats!we are only small atm but members rolling up everyday and allways good to welcome new ones,the good thing imo with a smaller forum is it becomes a more personal friendly place you will find a good number of old timers like myself but also plenty of begginers on the road to budsville so your not alone and any help you need or questions on using the forum feel free to ask,enjoy

• hazed bunny, 2scoops, CocoMonkey and 10 others like this

#3 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,602 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 07:08 PM

Heheheee :guitar: , good to see you found us man, were still a small grow site compared to a few others, but everyone is friendly and helpfull. Get those grow diaries up m8 too and plenty of pictures, i fooking hate reading too much. :joint:

• hazed bunny, smokin soul, duke and 7 others like this

#4 White Warg

White Warg

Brouhaha Hooha

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 07:10 PM

Thanks!

I'll say this, most of the people on there are fine, even though I'd been there a few months I'd met and gotten along with a lot of people. My issues were with the Chiefs not the Braves. Even that, I don't think I had the issues with the Chiefs, the Chiefs had the issues with me. Well, okay okay. Big breath & move on. 

I've read up a huge amount, and successfully grown my first automatic in soil, so I'm over the very 1st learning-stage hurdle. I'm looking to improve my skills to take them to the 2nd level, and happy to advise (if I can) those who have yet to take their first steps (I know how overwhelming it all seems at first).

Thanks again.

• Budgie, Dekay, hazed bunny and 6 others like this

#5 CaTz

CaTz

We're all mad here.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 07:13 PM

You'll not go far wrong on T-G-C m8, plenty of Goodwill, helpful and friendly Growers/Tokers..

atb

Enjoy ya stay and Welcome..
  • hazed bunny, 2scoops, smokin soul and 5 others like this

#6 hazed bunny

hazed bunny

doing bunny stuff

• Sleeping Mods
  • 15,201 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 07:38 PM

Welcome hun hope you enjoy your time here 😊😊
  • 2scoops, smokin soul, duke and 4 others like this

#7 CocoMonkey

CocoMonkey

Starting out

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 08:01 PM

Welcome @stonedwolf make yourself at home. I do miss thct well mainly the people who stayed really nothing to do with the site cos it was the people who made it but were hear now and life goes on lol :)
  • hazed bunny, 2scoops, smokin soul and 6 others like this

#8 mrsDeeks

mrsDeeks

Mrs Deeks

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 09:58 PM

Hi and welcome :)

• hazed bunny, Zipp and denots like this

#9 Dekay

Dekay

Easily distracted by Swilly

• Sleeping Mods
  • 16,177 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 10:33 PM

Hello mate good to see you here, was a hard day leaving talk but we been happy here so far and we slowly getting there. Nice intro and glad your growing is going good, welcome to the circle ;)

• hazed bunny, Zipp, denots and 1 other like this

#10 olmec

olmec

earth bound misfit

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 06:18 AM

Welcome to the circle pal it's a fine place to be, kick ya feet up an enjoy you stay
  • hazed bunny, Zipp, denots and 1 other like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.