Photo
- - - - -

Dinafem Orig Amnesia & Moby Dick megascrog!

• Please log in to reply
201 replies to this topic

#101 Lab Rat

Lab Rat

Silent runningz

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 11:02 AM

wow they got some legs on them aye but hopefully will be nice long fatties soon they dont look to burnt from here good luck i hope all goes well,peace

Cheers Duke, these are the ones I put in the fridge but only one has survived. Dunno what I done wrong with them, not that I want to grow them again now anyway.

I have a Moby dick clone I want to save tho am holding back as long as I can before put it in the fridge.

Maybe I need to air it weekly or something?

• duke likes this

#102 Lab Rat

Lab Rat

Silent runningz

• Respected User
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 09:07 PM

Small update, I been going through the Jungalist KK & quite aggressively thinning.

Took a load off & am going to snip some of the smaller branches off tomorrow as will not yeild much & they stretched so much through the scrog is like they need lollypopping again. Hopefully they dont grow bollocks from all the stress but I think they likes it..kinky hoes. :finger:

Attached Files

• 2scoops, smokin soul, duke and 2 others like this

#103 Lab Rat

Lab Rat

Silent runningz

• Respected User
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 05:58 PM

Little update, woke up this am & one of my 1000watt ballasts had died, so had to go 20 odd miles to replace the bastard under warranty again, but 5 year warrantee least they uphold it no question, I dont even got a receipt. Adjustawatt shite. They changed em now & added a fuse so maybe sorted whatever was the fuck up. :doh:

Moral of story, dont be a tight arse & travel half way across the country to get a good deal on some grow lights. :nono:

• 2scoops, CocoMonkey, duke and 1 other like this

#104 CocoMonkey

CocoMonkey

Starting out

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 06:16 PM

It wasn't one stop by any chance? I got a 400w adjustawatt and it got quite hot through the weather we just had, the supposed to be cool running, I put an oscillating fan over it and its cooled it right down. Strangly tho my 600w adjustawat was cool whatever the weather lol.
I can't comment on the reliability because I ain't got that far with it but with a 5yr warranty you can't complain, one stop write the receipt number on the box so will accept that as proof of purchase.
Nice grow anyway mate, think tge heat we having doesn't help with the stretch but its all good
  • Lab Rat, duke and Dex like this

#105 MDS

MDS

Internode Master...

• Banned
  • 2,529 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 07:08 PM

Little update, woke up this am & one of my 1000watt ballasts had died, so had to go 20 odd miles to replace the bastard under warranty again, but 5 year warrantee least they uphold it no question, I dont even got a receipt. Adjustawatt shite. They changed em now & added a fuse so maybe sorted whatever was the fuck up. :doh:

Moral of story, dont be a tight arse & travel half way across the country to get a good deal on some grow lights. :nono:

I doubt they have changed anything other than the position of the fuse to the outer panel (if that's the case). I very much doubt they are power factor corrected so when the thing is powered up there will be a significant inrush current as the storage capacitors are charged up. They'd normally use a device to limit this but it can still be significant (50Amps isn't out of the question).

At a guess I'd say they were sick of taking them to bits to change the fuse :D

If it ever blows make sure you replace it with precisely the same type, I'm not just talking current rating either. There are three basic types, anti-surge, slow blow & standard & I'm guess the one used will be in a ceramic case to avoid it rupturing.

You'd need to go to an electrical factor to make sure you get precisely the same type as they'll be able to identify it from any markings ;)

Good luck with the skyscraper, think Empire State Building & a rather large gorilla :lol:

• 2scoops, Lab Rat, duke and 1 other like this

#106 Lab Rat

Lab Rat

Silent runningz

• Respected User
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 11:57 PM

It wasn't one stop by any chance? I got a 400w adjustawatt and it got quite hot through the weather we just had, the supposed to be cool running, I put an oscillating fan over it and its cooled it right down. Strangly tho my 600w adjustawat was cool whatever the weather lol.
I can't comment on the reliability because I ain't got that far with it but with a 5yr warranty you can't complain, one stop write the receipt number on the box so will accept that as proof of purchase.
Nice grow anyway mate, think tge heat we having doesn't help with the stretch but its all good

No mate it was hydro2grow in Sutton, I gotta say they are an awesome grow shop if you are ever in the area lol. Big time tho sell all kinds of industrial stuff makes me para when I walk in the place :D  Yeah the thousand watt doesnt make much heat compared with 600watts ive used in the past.

I doubt they have changed anything other than the position of the fuse to the outer panel (if that's the case). I very much doubt they are power factor corrected so when the thing is powered up there will be a significant inrush current as the storage capacitors are charged up. They'd normally use a device to limit this but it can still be significant (50Amps isn't out of the question).

At a guess I'd say they were sick of taking them to bits to change the fuse :D

If it ever blows make sure you replace it with precisely the same type, I'm not just talking current rating either. There are three basic types, anti-surge, slow blow & standard & I'm guess the one used will be in a ceramic case to avoid it rupturing.

You'd need to go to an electrical factor to make sure you get precisely the same type as they'll be able to identify it from any markings ;)

Good luck with the skyscraper, think Empire State Building & a rather large gorilla :lol:

Thanks MDS I'll bear that in mind. They used to have a reset switch, thats what theyve replaced with the fuse.

They have the boost on them as well but ive always had a nightmare with the boost screwing up ballasts before so leave it be.

looks much more manajeble now Lab, choppin chunks was the way forward.

You still enjoyin the moby then, i take it you're puttin it in the fridje cos you dont have room. I would feel safer stickin it in some coco on the windowsill/ floor, at least you know it will survive.

best of luck keepin the KKs under control

Yea Bill the one pheno I kept of the Moby is a keeper. Thinking wanna do one big grow with it once more then move on.:)

I might take your advice & stick it on the window for another month instead not having much luck with the fridge idea.

• CocoMonkey, duke and Dex like this

#107 Lab Rat

Lab Rat

Silent runningz

• Respected User
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 09:09 PM

Weekly update, 5&6.

All going well, managed to get the King Kong under control but is definitely a wild thang.

Moby coming on strong now & hasent stretched much atall unlike last time, I seem to have it dialled in.

Started adding some PK 1ml, 3ml GPM & 2ml base nuits.

Stuck a big fan underneath canopy incase of humidity issues now the rains back, was a tight fit with 6 plants, usually only 4.

Attached Files

• The Dude Abides, 2scoops, smokin soul and 3 others like this

#108 Dave the Shrew

Dave the Shrew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 08:12 PM

Awesome work dude.
Makes me wish I had a bigger tent.
What an amazing haul lab.

Good luck with the rest.

The Shrew
  • Lab Rat and duke like this

#109 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,005 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 09:58 PM

here lab i found this and had to post it,look who the op was! peace 

• Lab Rat likes this

#110 Lab Rat

Lab Rat

Silent runningz

• Respected User
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 09:10 PM

Awesome work dude.
Makes me wish I had a bigger tent.
What an amazing haul lab.

Good luck with the rest.

The Shrew

Thanks mate, its usually less wild than this.. :wacko: :D

here lab i found this and had to post it,look who the op was! peace 

Big tune Dukey, I was gonna say it was me but I dont do vocalisers lol. :pimped:

• duke likes this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.