14 replies to this topic

#1 White Warg

White Warg

Brouhaha Hooha

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 03:35 AM

I don't want to get too much into this personally, but I think this guy is worth a read.

Brief overview of Norman:

Norman Finkelstein is no stranger to controversy. The American Jewish scholar is one of the world’s leading experts on the Israel-Palestine conflict and the political legacy of the Nazi holocaust. Apart from his parents, every member of Finkelstein’s family, on both sides, was exterminated in the Nazi holocaust. His 2000 book The Holocaust Industry, which was serialised in The Guardian, became an international best-seller and touched off a firestorm of debate

He has authored 12 books, and 16 chapters for books, along with many academic papers.

It's an extremely good piece, I enjoyed this in particular:

You can see this overlap between the Labour Right and pro-Israel groups personified in individuals like Jonathan Freedland, a Blairite hack who also regularly plays the antisemitism card. He’s combined these two hobbies to attack Corbyn. Incidentally, when my book, The Holocaust Industry, came out in 2000, Freedland wrote that I was 'closer to the people who created the Holocaust than to those who suffered in it'. Although he appears to be, oh, so politically correct now, he didn’t find it inappropriate to suggest that I resembled the Nazis who gassed my family.

We appeared on a television program together. Before the program, he approached me to shake my hand. When I refused, he reacted in stunned silence. Why wouldn’t I shake his hand? He couldn’t comprehend it. It tells you something about these dull-witted creeps. The smears, the slanders – for them, it’s all in a day’s work. 

https://www.opendemo...semitism-scanda

• Dekay, Lab Rat, Slippery and 2 others like this

#2 weedtroll

weedtroll

NaNaNa NaNaNaNa NaNaNa NaNaNaNa

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 06:46 PM

Those labels are bandied about far too much these days.

They use racist and islamaphobia (Stupid word. anti islam yes. irrational fear of a religion, no) anti semite, totally out of context or totally irrelevant to the arguement these days.

Don't like something Isreal does, then you're an anti semite...Er no.

Don't like something muslims do, then you're an islamaphobe or a racist. Again, Erm no.

Gone are the days you can criticise things and not be labeled as some kind of anti social monster who hates everybody.

Although tweetering the relocation of the jews to america, especially by someone of the muslim faith smacks of two facedness.

I'm sure she'd be right behind some far right groups calling for the same with the followers of her religion from europe?

And the bullshit in that image should be enough to get her removed as an MP.

The transportation costs will be less than 3 years of defense spending.  

Really? Down the "Transport the jews" route. Does sound quite racist.

Palestinians will get "thier" land and life back.

Lol even a cusory glance at history will show it's anything but their land. That piece of real estate has changed hands so many times and with so many different peoples.

No one can have a real claim as it being "theirs" and they need to learn to get on with each other.

Middle east will again be peaceful without foreign interference.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaahahahah /breath hahahahahahahahahahaha. Fuck off Naz shah, thats bullshit of the highest order.

Oil prices will go down, inflation will go down. whole world will be happy.

Yeah. Just no. I hope she's not a finance minister.

And why Nebraska? New York and LA are where the US jews live.

In context. Calling for a whole nation to be repatriated thousands of miles away does sound like anti those people. No matter which religion or race those people are.

Even trying to make it sound so off hand. "Problem solved and no bank charges... smiley face", doesn't detract from she does sound racist.

The jew guy saying "Oh but she doesn't mean in cattle cars at the end of a schmeisser MP40. Lke what the Germans did" is just sugar coating it for me.

That's like saying "In the olden days they would of crucified/hung/shot/gassed us. Things are looking up, oy vey." Still getting deported though.

World is going to shit in a hand basket. 

It's gonna be do or die shortly lol once trump gets "lected in, cos I hate commies,islams,fags,jews,mexicans," as the next US president we are gonna see some fireworks. 

Teetering on the edge. heh tick tock tick tock

• Dekay, Lab Rat, smokin soul and 3 others like this

#3 wah wah

wah wah

I don,t like fish..

• Banned
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 07:05 PM

...you proper intelligent dood troll...not quite on my level...but still...

• Lab Rat, weedtroll and White Warg like this

#4 White Warg

White Warg

Brouhaha Hooha

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 07:05 PM

That's basically his (long-standing) argument. They get bandied about too much in order to deter political dissent, and more than that the stifling of political dissent is entirely intentional.

And he gets very angry about it because basically people are using the deaths of his family for their own political football.

The article is well worth a read, as are his books. 

• Dekay, Lab Rat and weedtroll like this

#5 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 07:45 PM

Palestinians will get "thier" land and life back.
Lol even a cusory glance at history will show it's anything but their land. That piece of real estate has changed hands so many times and with so many different peoples.

But God promised it to them ;)

Re.: phobias... they don't have to be irrational, although the fear they create is often much greater than any risk posed.

Hmm... I wonder, is a fear of religion (specific or otherwise) actually irrational? As far as I can see, it (religion) has caused an awful lot of suffering throughout history so perhaps being fearful of it is actually a sane response? :unsure:
  • Dekay, smokin soul, weedtroll and 1 other like this

#6 White Warg

White Warg

Brouhaha Hooha

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 07:50 PM

Religious dogma has caused a lot of suffering and death, but so too has political dogmas (extreme left and right).

I think it's fair to fear any dogmatic person who thinks they have the world set to right in their own head and are Very Very Angry if everyone else doesn't agree.

• Dekay and weedtroll like this

#7 weedtroll

weedtroll

• Respected User
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 08:59 PM

But God promised it to them ;)

Re.: phobias... they don't have to be irrational, although the fear they create is often much greater than any risk posed.

Hmm... I wonder, is a fear of religion (specific or otherwise) actually irrational? As far as I can see, it (religion) has caused an awful lot of suffering throughout history so perhaps being fearful of it is actually a sane response? :unsure:

Fearing the religious would be sane. At least for the non believers amongst us, but fearing the dogma it's self would still be irrational. Unless that dogma was so persuasive as to enrapture you with one reading and turn you to god/gods bosom. :D but it's never gonna climb in your window an night and murder you.

That cannot be said for the followers of those dogmas though.

I wonder if the religious suffer from darwinophobia or atheistophobia?

Religion is why we can't have nice things.

• smokin soul and White Warg like this

#8 White Warg

White Warg

Brouhaha Hooha

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 09:08 PM

Religion is why we can't have nice things.

Except architecture. Be it Greek acropoli, Egyptian (or Babylonian) monuments, ancient Roman temples, necropoli, hypogeums, standing stones, cathedrals, or some of those Moorish mosques and synagogues, the religious types know how to build to impress.

The rest of us get damp community centres made by Portacabin.  :P

Edited by stonedwolf, 04 May 2016 - 09:09 PM.

• Dekay and smokin soul like this

#9 weedtroll

weedtroll

• Respected User
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 09:45 PM

Intimidate rather than impress, I would say. Another control method made to make you feel small in comparison with God/s awesomeness.

Same deal as castles to dominate the land about them and be constantly in people eyesight and ringing of the bells to tell you when to come and go.

Relegate them to the past, all that shit looks better in ruins anyway. Burn them down, cast aside the veil of darkness and glory in how tiny we are compared to something real like the universe.

We don't needs gods to feel insignificant. We can look up into the wilky way and be blown away by 500 billion stars and 500 billion galaxys of 500 billion stars.

Weird thing is people gravitate towards religions to feel less insignificant and are bombarded with how insignificant they are compared to god/s greatness but when they die they won't be insignificant in heaven,

unless they've been naughty of course.

• smokin soul likes this

#10 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 09:51 PM

Same deal as castles to dominate the land about them and be constantly in people eyesight

Without disputing what you say about control, there are good strategic reasons why many castles were built in such locations — Those were violent times and the possibility of being attacked (even by one's 'friends and allies') was probably quite high.
  • Dekay, smokin soul and weedtroll like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.