10 replies to this topic

#1 cannamancan

cannamancan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 04:22 PM

Just been the 'grow shop' for some boost and found this (if links not aloud delete or tell me and I'll post a pic of product and explain it ☺)

http://www.easy-grow...uct/exhale-duo/

It's basically Co2 in bags, they release when they get warm (with the heat from the light), meant to last for 6 months, I think it's a top idea. My shop sells them for 28£ for the 2 bags, or 45£ for the big bag I think.
  • duke, olmec and Sprink like this

#2 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 12,991 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 08:39 PM

Just been the 'grow shop' for some boost and found this (if links not aloud delete or tell me and I'll post a pic of product and explain it ☺)

http://www.easy-grow...uct/exhale-duo/

It's basically Co2 in bags, they release when they get warm (with the heat from the light), meant to last for 6 months, I think it's a top idea. My shop sells them for 28£ for the 2 bags, or 45£ for the big bag I think.

hi cannaman if i was you id save your money as without a specialy set up groom you just be extracting the little co2 out to the atmosphere the only way these are of any use is in a ac control enviroment where the air recirculates without leaving via extraction,tbh you be better of spending your dosh on good nutes or pots or lights also ime co2 is only worth the expense if you have 1000w lights and have temp problems as plants can handle higher temps with supplemented co2 other than that its a waste of lots of money,if you really want to add co2 then a simple homemade vinegar dripping into bicarbonate of soda does the job but ime co2 not worth the bother or expense in a normal grow environment,peace

• 2scoops, Lab Rat, weedtroll and 7 others like this

#3 weedtroll

weedtroll

NaNaNa NaNaNaNa NaNaNa NaNaNaNa

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 09:07 PM

You can get amazing results from closed co2 setups like @duke said.

But someone showed me that even with the co2 bags in a normal setup, it did have some effect.(sure it was someone here too.)

But I'd do what duke says and use vinegar and bicarb rather than use the bags if I was going to do it.

And you must have the co2 above the plants in the tent roof as it's heavier than air and sinks. This would wash down through the plant and in theory 

aid in growth if you could get it to cascade down evenly.

• Lab Rat, duke, Roy Cropper and 2 others like this

#4 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 09:29 PM

I reckon you'd probably be just as well off drawing the incoming air from an occupied space - People produce a fair amount of carbon dioxide through breathing, after all.
  • weedtroll, duke, Roy Cropper and 4 others like this

#5 cannamancan

cannamancan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 07:48 AM

My worry was, the Co2 bags need to be near(Ish) to the lights for the warmth to activate the Co2. I've got a 600w light in a cupboard that's about 70Cm X 80cm, so I also have an 8" fan extracting, with a 4 or 5 inch hole at the bottom of the side/wall to let air in (no need for a fan for air in). Like has been said, Co2 is heavier so would drop thought the canopy, but with that size fan would probably just suck it out with no real gain/effect. I do like the idea though, I used to get confused at making my own Co2 (I'm not very bright!) So this just makes it easy.
  • weedtroll, duke and Sprink like this

#6 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,585 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 09:29 AM

Running a co2 enriched room needs to be sealed to do it correct. They are just a cash converter for grow shops, i prefer Missy`s idea lots.

• weedtroll, duke, Roy Cropper and 1 other like this

#7 Lab Rat

Lab Rat

Silent runningz

• Respected User
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 11:09 AM

Agreed waste of money. 

• weedtroll, duke, Roy Cropper and 2 others like this

#8 olmec

olmec

earth bound misfit

• Respected User
  • 4,428 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 11:38 AM

Ya could always brew some wine and bumg that in at lights off time even if it don't work u still have wine
  • Mrs Willy, weedtroll, duke and 4 others like this

#9 Roy Cropper

Roy Cropper

grow, smoke, eat, repeat.

• Respected User
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 09:44 PM

Guy in my local shop also said they were a waste of time unless used in a closed loop system but even then you tend to have a co2 gas generator converting propane (I think) into co2
  • weedtroll, duke and Sprink like this

#10 Roy Cropper

Roy Cropper

grow, smoke, eat, repeat.

• Respected User
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 03:52 PM

myc02 do these now for veg and bloom, I wouldn't waste money or time with the veg ones unless you veg for silly weeks as you wouldn't really get your money's worth, I veg normally for around 2 weeks and at £40 a box that's an expense that can be spared ! The bloom ones however would last entire flower period so more worthwhile and cost effective, all they are is mushrooms that grow in a bag ! Oyster mushrooms grow out the bloom myc02 bags/boxes and are edible when done, pretty expensive mushrooms I hear you say at £40 ! Yes they are, but like as mentioned before worthwhile for heat problems but as a last port of call if you like !

Also help or aid the intake or uptake of nutrients, bear with me as its enail Monday and I've been dabbin hard !

That being said I'm gonna try my hardest to blag one out the grow shop !

Might even chuck the muzzas on the full English in the cafe !
  • duke, Red eye knight, Slippery and 2 others like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.