Dex

Aka Jack frost

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,425 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 06:55 PM

I have some kief from Blue dream trim and gonna make some butter :D

If you guys done this before please give me ratio of butter to kief :D

I want some edibles this time because the trim I got tho its a cash cropper but it's blue dream the blueberry pheno and it's very strong relaxing from the spliffs I had...

Should I make a separate thread or could I add it here as I'm bored and feeling educational lol,

my aim is to get edibles without chlorophyll taste and just using the goodness that's off the crystals ;)

I made an e sig liquid and that's the bomb lol using crystals and ready made 0 nicotine flavours lol...

In ze lab Dexter iz
  • Dekay, The Dude Abides, duke and 2 others like this

#262 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 07:28 PM

Decarb the weed first in the oven on 100 to 110 Farenheight for half hour or so till it`s all  brown and in broken up into tiny bits, but look decarbing up as im not 100% on times etc @duke is the one to ask on that score, i would expect doing this will get rid of that chlorophyl taste as well as activatimg all the other cannaboids in the plant. simmering it overnight in a slow cooker or just in a pan for a few hours till it sinks should help get rid of that taste too b4 adding butter, i just add 2 blocks to as much crap as will fit in the pan and then cook on low in the slow cooker overnight, i freeze what i don`t use, which reminds me i havesome in freezer. :D Good luck. :)

• The Dude Abides, duke, Joe and 2 others like this

#263 Dex

Dex

Aka Jack frost

• Respected User
  • 6,425 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 08:14 PM

Alright thanks jimmy, I decarb in the oven but after I finished cooking so the oven is hot but not on...

I left for 20 mins flipping the leafs about.

Then I froze the trim in a fever bag after coming out the oven, and left in freezer for an hour or two..

I squished the leafs about and got some crystals out of it in total I got about 5 grams of crystals with minimal green matter...

Out of the 5 grams I put 3grams of crystals onto bowl that's on a pan with 200 grams of butter..

I was gonna do 3grams trics /300 grams of butter.. But I can't get another hundred grams in this bowl lmao so 200 it is

Attached File  DSC_1053.JPG   186.59KB   0 downloads
Attached File  DSC_1057.JPG   70.47KB   0 downloadsAttached File  DSC_1058.JPG   86.16KB   0 downloads

I started every thing bang on time for 9:00 so I'll filter the bits off at hopefully 11 or 12, I'm guessing the butter will a evaporated down to probably 150 grams

Do I add some water to the butter or is it not needed?
Please and thanks in advance for joining me in me boredom
  • The Dude Abides, 2scoops, Slippery and 1 other like this

#264 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,005 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 08:14 PM

@Labs dexter this is a good guide for butter the odd time i have made it this is how i did it but tbh since discovery of the iso oil i feel butter to be a waste of resources and edibles made with oil taste a bit better to but this link should help,peace http://www.hightimes...utter-infusions

• The Dude Abides, 2scoops, Slippery and 2 others like this

#265 Dex

Dex

Aka Jack frost

• Respected User
  • 6,425 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 08:39 PM

@Labs dexter this is a good guide for butter the odd time i have made it this is how i did it but tbh since discovery of the iso oil i feel butter to be a waste of resources and edibles made with oil taste a bit better to but this link should help,peace http://www.hightimes...utter-infusions

Thanks a bunch duke i make it the first method with just trim and was bad taste and second was just budds but same again....

This time I came up with the idea that we want to boil the crystals off basically so I went one step further,

I don't mind taste of kief/crystals they taste nice but the budds are best for me to smoke, and leafs to extract the best stuff out of it :)

Thank you very much for the link I will go back and read the rest of it, and I will post up the look of the butter after every hour, it's dark brown already :D Attached File  1467491687898-987992660.jpg   127.49KB   0 downloads

And about the oil I'm shit scared, so I asked a good man that is part of bud buddies from my city

He said when I have a minimum of three oz dry budd he will come and make me some oil at my house which I'm was really happy about...

That's why I threw 7 plants to flower off and make some oil hopefully and give him some budd to smoke and what not while he is here and I'm using his precious kits :)..

For now I'm doing what I can with these trims I want those cbd plants for the buds :) and they should make the oil that I need
  • The Dude Abides, 2scoops, duke and 2 others like this

#266 Dex

Dex

Aka Jack frost

• Respected User
  • 6,425 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 09:19 PM

I think the one hour on medium heat is doing good , the colour is very brown lol
Attached File  DSC_1060.JPG   130.68KB   0 downloads

And now after the coffee filter got most of me butter I scraped the kief left behind and used the white cloth to strain what goodies are left and here is me butter...

Plus less smell from doing it this way it smells like I've been doing two hot knifes on good old resin lmao
Attached File  DSC_1061.JPG   149.83KB   0 downloads

And here it is all filterd and ready to go on some cookies, just a few brushes on top and on the grease proof paper :D then bake and see wah gwaan

Taking baby steps and I'll do some vanilla fudge tomorrow with 90grams of it Attached File  DSC_1062.JPG   61.07KB   0 downloads
  • Dekay, The Dude Abides, 2scoops and 4 others like this

#267 Dex

Dex

Aka Jack frost

• Respected User
  • 6,425 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 09:14 PM

hey i broke my fone so god know my dates ill have to track back here and the ppic quality will not be the same lol..

And there isnt realy much to report few pistils here and there but thats it no true flowers yet :)
  • Slippery and Joe like this

#268 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 09:43 PM

Your always gonna get a crappy shitty taste, try using summink to mask it when cooking bikkis like mint choc chips or ginger and loadsa vanillia essence, stawberry works too., :). But i don`t make butter the way you doing it, i just sling the lot in :)

• Joe and Dex like this

#269 Dekay

Dekay

Easily distracted by Swilly

• Sleeping Mods
  • 16,177 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 12:18 AM

I cannot read anything at mo but did see how much, 2 oz to 500 g is good enough I wouldnt do less thats what butter all about having a stupid amount in one go ;) And duke we got our own guides, I know I done one and just bet Jimmi got one on here as well, and probably missy nice guide though dude :)

• Dex likes this

#270 Dex

Dex

Aka Jack frost

• Respected User
  • 6,425 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 07:10 AM

thatnk dekay and jimmi, the butter is realy good i made some vanilla fudge using 90grams of the made butter and there is hardly any canna taste lol its realy nice to eat...

the green matter taste makes me sick lol i tried few diffirent ways by using just trim and secind time just buds and was nearly sick, i woukd like people to try and do it with keif i promise yiu will enjoy the taste because it hardly taste tge leafs it more like chompin on soap bars ...

if any one used to grate so e in yogurt lmao this taste the same but better 😀
  • Dekay, 2scoops and ValleyDragon like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.