75 replies to this topic

#31 wah wah

wah wah

I don,t like fish..

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 07:41 AM

Forgot to mention..for the 1st few weeks they in the farms..i put 2 layers of foil either side of the stem an over the rings..check every day to make sure nutes are still coming through...a

simple an effective way to stop nute splash..after a few weeks i get rid of the foil an remove some of the lower leaves..job done....farms are great for rapid

growth...but a total pain in the arse.

Edited by wah wah, 25 May 2016 - 07:43 AM.

• Dekay, 2scoops and TheGreenMachine like this

#32 TheGreenMachine

TheGreenMachine

Potato

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 07:59 AM

Cheers Wah Wah.

Those drippers are staying on full time for the Kush now. No doubt about it.
And she's staying in the tent until I've completely finished the Power Plant and have cleaned the room again.

I'm a LOT more optimistic than I was a few days ago mate.

I thought the airstones would be far more effective than the drippers (based on modification info) so never gave it a second thought about leaving the drippers on after putting in all those airstones.

And now you've mentioned the drippers I think I turned them off around the same sort of time I started having problems.... I'm sure I had them running for the first few days of flower but then I noticed the main stem getting a bit damp around the rockwool cube (I only use the smallest ones I can get away with) and started to worry about dampening off having had it on a previous attempt before on a seedling which I had to scrap before doing the Power Plant (I bleached everything out before re-use inc brand new clay balls).

Hmmm.... I think we're deffinitely on to something here the more I think about it. Lack of DO. It is certainly plausible with all those roots in there. I mean seriously, it's just a massive block of roots. I can't even hear the airstones anymore. Haven't for a long time.
So I think the key as you rightly say is to get more water movement, more surface area and get that nute solution good and saturated with DO.

I can relax a bit more now I've got some ideas and options to be going on with.
I can try running the drippers full time, I can add more airstones if needs be (I know you're not a fan mate but it's an option), I can rig up a header tank with additional nutes and use flooming and failing all of that I can hop over to the CoCo side if all else fails :)

I've not been in this morning but quite frankly, I'm in no hurry, I know what I'm going to find with the PP. All I'm doing now is topping off as I would daily and adjusting with tap water and silicon as required. Got about 3 weeks left so not long. I've chased her around this long so a few more weeks wont hurt. For a sick plant she looks amazing so that's somthing and she's still fruiting away merrily - even if it isn't her best.

Cheers for now and thank you all for your help!

Very much appreciated!!! :)

Edited by TheGreenMachine, 25 May 2016 - 08:01 AM.

• Dekay, 2scoops, olmec and 1 other like this

#33 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,585 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 09:49 AM

H202 will add lots of extra oxygen used right and keep shit at bay. Coco i would think you could use with the farm, but its a better medium just watered daily with a watering can, run to waste style. :)

• Dekay, wah wah and TheGreenMachine like this

#34 TheGreenMachine

TheGreenMachine

Potato

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 11:18 AM

H202 will add lots of extra oxygen used right and keep shit at bay. Coco i woulf think you could use the farm, but its a better medium just watered daily witha watering can, run to waste style. :)

Cheers Jimmi.

I'll have one last attempt with the Kush in the farm I've already got going and if upping the oxygen in the water doesn't improve anything then I'm likely going to switch to coco and be done with it.

I'd like to be able to deny the rot the conditions it needs naturally without the nuke chems if I can lol :D :)

I'm going to have a better look into coco in the mean time and if I do end up switching I'm going to be moving permanently into the CoCo section for help and advice.
As stupid as it sounds I'm not sure how to deal with CoCo. Last attempt I ended up with yellowing and finally dead cuttings. I can only assume looking back that I tried to treat it far too much like soil and not like hydro.

To be fair, if I'd given it more consideration and knowing what I know now about how similar the growth and yield is in CoCo, I probably would have just done CoCo and be done with it.
I mainly went with the farms because a mate has used them although now he's running the new green man pots and I've been trying to vaguely repliacte what he does but he doesn't seem to have the problems I get lol.
He can run his without drippers and seemingly only use a single air stone running off one of them cheap little blue pumps that come with them and I've seen his cheese plants and they're huge, green and healthy so I don't know how the hell he does it. I don't think he does either if you'd heard his theories about growing hahahaah. He told me once you can force a plant to eat more.

You wouldn't believe me if I told you the EC on his plants is well over 2.8 and despite them clearly objecting with PH drop and EC rise they look great and yield well. And then there's me trying to give them everything they might need and mine go spectacularly wrong. Ahhh the joys of blind luck and ignorance hahha.

Cheers!

Edited by TheGreenMachine, 25 May 2016 - 11:20 AM.

• Dekay, 2scoops and duke like this

#35 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 12,991 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 02:15 PM

hi green we have a thread for coconutters and a good guide for all that is needed to grow well in coco and theres plenty who have switched from water hydro and never looked back i use nothing else,good luck with these,peace

• Dekay, 2scoops and TheGreenMachine like this

#36 TheGreenMachine

TheGreenMachine

Potato

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 08:14 AM

Cheers duke.

I'll have a read through that over the weekend.

• 2scoops and duke like this

#37 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 12,991 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 12:41 PM

hi green heres the link to the coconutters club thread i hope it helps,peace  http://www.t-g-c.nl/...rs-club-thread/

• 2scoops and TheGreenMachine like this

#38 fairy

fairy

NFT

• Respected User
  • 1,475 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 01:14 PM

bad news on the rot if so

im a lazy hydro grower and what i do now is.

i use roots excelurator at first for veg

then microbial come 2 weeks of 12/12

res changes every 3 weeks, or 4 if i push it lol...

also ph dropping aint done any harm ever,alwasy get the ph drop in flower and bit of crazy ph movement after 2 weeks of 12/12.

Edited by fairy, 26 May 2016 - 01:17 PM.

• 2scoops and TheGreenMachine like this

#39 TheGreenMachine

TheGreenMachine

Potato

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 08:21 AM

Hey guys,

I'm a bit undecided what to do now.

It looks as if the Kush is starting to suffer the same fate. PH drop for no aparent reason. I can't see any rot on the roots entering the res but it could be in where the roots are in the clay balls.
I've got 6 weeks veg time invested in this Kush which I'm reluctant to lose but there's no point keeping it going if I can't get the rot under control.

I've had to admit defeat with the Power Plant and have given in to the H202 route (as much as I didn't want to use this stuff again) and have ordered 2 liters of 3% H2O2 just to try and get her through the last couple of weeks of flowering as best I can.
She's well down on yield and is yellowing off like a good 'un now. The best I can hope for it to stabilise her a bit so she can finish. The Power Plant is most definitely fucked. I can set the PH to 6.2 and 12 hours later it's crashed right down to 3.8. The EC is just everywhere and even a weak nute solution is reading 1.7 on the EC which is totally wrong. I replaced the res yesterday and gave her mainly water and a small dose of nutes and the EC was saying it was well high.

With regards to the Kush, I'm just not sure what to do.

I've got 6 weeks veg time invested there and it's hard for me to give that up. BUT by the same token, I don't want 12 weeks of Rot, PH and EC chasing.

Is it worth persuing with the Kush and dosing her heavy on H2O2 all the way through to the end? Will the Peroxide keep the rot down enough for the Kush to grow and flower normally?
OR, should I just scrap the Kush, cut my losses and get a CoCo and Perlite Hempy on the go now?

Whatever happens, I've made up my mind I'm moving to CoCo of some description permanently. This water based hydro lark has given me problems every single time I try.
Spending out several hundred beer vouchers and getting fucked over none the less has pissed me off to the max.

This month has been a bad month for me and Rot was the last thing I could have done with.

Got problems with certain members of the family taking the p*ss out of and exploiting another more vulnerable member of my family which I've got on my mind at the minute. Livid is not a strong enough word.
Can't people be vile at times? It makes it worse when it's your own family taking the piss.

Anyhoo.

Let me know your thoughts and I'll be guided by those more in the know.

Cheers :)

Edited by TheGreenMachine, 30 May 2016 - 08:21 AM.

• 2scoops likes this

#40 wah wah

wah wah

I don,t like fish..

• Banned
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 08:45 AM

Hey GM..bit confusing this..you say in 1st sentence you can,t see any rot ?...so you haven,t got it then?...i take it your  ph/ec metres are calibrated an in good working order..

bit stumped to be honest with you...some pics of roots perhaps??...very awkward though i know....an yes people can be utter twats...sorry can,t be of more help..

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.