76 replies to this topic

#1 Slippery

Slippery

Ganga Ninja

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 06:33 AM

Well we are back at the same spot that produced the trees two years ago, unfortunately, the mould took a lot of the best bud so this year we are a bit further down the spot, and a bit higher up!

This spot, although less stealthy gets morning sun...

East

and the evening sun
West

It's a real struggle to get into this spot at all so it shouldn't be a problem.

So I went out a couple of days ago and dug four  holes about 6-800mm wide and 300 deep, the soil is nice and loose here so I don't think I need to dig any deeper.

I mixed in a quarter bag of farmyard manure in each hole (about 13 liters)

These have been growing since February in an unheated outhouse under cfl, they have been sexed and had cuttings taken and have now started to veg again,

They are;
Patriot Medicine,
Danish cheese and
UK 14 (unknown seeds from my 2014 grow).

I'm going to let these recover in my garden a while longer then they are going into the holes. The two left over will be going into a cheeky spot on a river bank with no preparation and will receive no care once planted as it's almost impossible to get to them and downright dangerous as the bank is steep and crumbly.
The river bank has worked well before but has also been totally flooded out one year  so fingers crossed for them!

I will be using nothing but shit and a bit of molasses. For simplicity, I may use chicken shit pellets later in the grow as getting manure to the spot is quite tricky/ risky of being seen

Slug protection is good old fashioned copper bracelets made from pipe (no chemicals as I eat lots of my weed)
Rabbit protection is  with nets made over the previous six years which I stash locally for use year after year.

I will be doing a lot fewer plants this year and plan to spend more time tending them. In previous years, I have had too many out to start thinking of lugging water to the spots. (the water you see in the pics usually dries up in early summer, and even though I tried digging down to find ground water, it wasn't feasible in the end) so I will be dropping off some containers under cover of darkness and filling it from the bog.

I will test the PH of the bog water next time I go although I think it's quite sweet, there are lots of plants including mint growing in it.

Updates as I have them folks!!

• Mrs Willy, Budgie, mellowed and 17 others like this

#2 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,009 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 10:46 AM

hi slippery that looks a nice little spot i hope they do well for you sexualy mature cuts can be planted later than those fresh from seed and ime its often a better crop with a later start as they do not veg to huge size before setting flower also this saves lugging water for a month of veg time,i have been experimenting with dwarf sized cuts in there own small biodegradable hemp plastic pots complete with protective mesh covers also decided as they was free to try a few autos out round my way just 3-4 and see how we go,herbies freebie afghan regs worked super well last year for my mate and i also have a bunch of bobmonks seeds all proper outdoors ones to try,i need a plantation!peace

• smokin soul, fairy, Slippery and 2 others like this

#3 Slippery

Slippery

Ganga Ninja

• Respected User
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 09:24 PM

So the girls put on some weight in the garden and have now been planted out.

These are the four that I had dug out already

They weren't too happy about being stuffed sideways into a bag, dragged through the bush and transplanted in the scorching heat!

They will soon stop feeling sorry for themselves once they take up some of that lovely shit :yum:

the two that were going to go down by the river needed to be gone from the garden this weekend and I couldn't be arsed to go down there so they were planted out in fresh holes with no shit;

I will top feed them when I can smuggle some more shit into the garden.
It will be interesting to see the difference in growth between them!

All but the first one got a sprinkle of water gel and some root zone fungus (forgot the first one :rolleyes:)

I smuggled a bit of water close by and will drop some more off tomorrow, I'm going to use the leaky bottle method that I "invented" a couple of years ago, I'll try remember the camera!!

I'm going to name them this time so it will be easier to keep track of them as I always forget what has happened to each plant.

I saw someone (Nun?)had thrown a pea net over their plant and pinned it down, always thought that was a good idea! I may do that but I'm also thinking of creating a raised net on stakes like a SCROG, Iv'e seen California growers do this on a video, supports the weight and stops the rocking that can really fuck the feeder roots in bad winds.

Cheers for popping in! :)

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, 2scoops and 8 others like this

#4 smokin soul

smokin soul

droplets of yes and no in an ocean of maybe

• Respected User
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 10:16 PM

hey slippery, looks like a lovely spot you've got for this year, nice sounding selection of plants too :) subbed up mate. if you don't mind me asking, what is your leaky bottle method? im kinda thinking just watering once a week is not gonna work out to well if we do get the hot summer they keep telling us we're gonna have!

• Dekay, duke, Slippery and 1 other like this

#5 Dekay

Dekay

Easily distracted by Swilly

• Sleeping Mods
  • 16,177 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 10:53 PM

I always forget to watch out for the outdorr grows each year but on it now slippery good luck :)

• Slippery and Paulie like this

#6 Slippery

Slippery

Ganga Ninja

• Respected User
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 06:59 AM

what is your leaky bottle method? 

You take a plastic bottle, any size but the bigger the better, and put a tiny hole in the bottom with a needle. Depending on how long you want it to work, you can either close the top ( I have had a 5 litre bottle last for almost a week !), or put it on but not screw it down or just leave it off (fastest)

Just put this at the base of your plant and they will drip slowly and saturate the soil just where it's needed rather than watering all the competing weeds.

My latest idea here is a six pack of mineral water , 2 ltr bottles, and top them up with a few 5 ltr bottles I have stashed down there, reckon twice a week at most while the weather is hot should do it :)

• The Dude Abides, smokin soul, Hot Sausage and 2 others like this

#7 captain beefheart

captain beefheart

original closet gardener !!!

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,840 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 07:02 AM

looking good bach,nice spot to but.......id take to a few of them trees with a chainsaw let a bit more sun through ennit :D

• smokin soul, Slippery and Paulie like this

#8 Hot Sausage

Hot Sausage

Totally Batterd

• Respected User
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 09:41 AM

Can't belive I only just found ya diary and it's already taught me a thing or two about growing in the wild. Like the sound of the trick with the bottle.
Nice looking spots man, the stage is set and I'm sticking around to enjoy the show.
Let the good times rolllll :)
  • Slippery and Paulie like this

#9 Mrs Willy

Mrs Willy

Flump no1

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,163 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 05:35 PM

Good luck mate A lovely spot in both senses of the word (pretty and stealthy).

Good summer so far with the weather ere.

Think you may do well with the veg period they will have if the weather keeps up.

:)

• The Dude Abides, Slippery, Paulie and 1 other like this

#10 Slippery

Slippery

Ganga Ninja

• Respected User
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 05:12 PM

So, two weeks on and it's update time!!

*chickabaw, chickabawawa* :shakeshout: :shakeshout:

Here's number one, lets call her Mayble (why not)

She has taken well to her new home.

It would appear that I didn't take the lid of the leaky bottle off enough and the bottle has collapsed

She has some curling to her top leaves, not sure if this could be too much water (there has been a lot of rain) or maybe the shit was a little hot?

She has gone alternate and is showing preflowers so ready for the next phase

I topped this one again

Next is Marybell;

She has also taken well

Although the leaves look a little "crispy" with kinda pale dots

I checked her well for bugs but she seems ok. ISTR I had a plant close to this spot last year with the same markings so could be some sort of contamination in the soil maybe?

She has also gone alternate and is showing some nice bushy heads

Next up is Martha;

Again , she has settled in well and is growing great

A pic of the copper rings in action, one on the plant and one for the stake ; )

She is also showing preflowers and has gone alternate

Next are the two that didn't get any shit as they were going to go in another location;

Mixa,..and Matosis :rofl1:

You can tell that they are much smaller than the shit grown ones. I was supposed to take some chicken shit with me but, being stoned for the last 30 years has taken it's toll on the memory :smoked:

On Wednesday last week I collected some wild comfrey
,chopped it up and put it in a bucket of water, it will be comfrey tea by next Wednesday and they will all get a good drenching!

I also had a good look around and found a spot that was just begging for some plants so I may just sow a few more seeds tonight, especially fortuitous that it's a full moon tonight and I like to sync my grows with the moon phases (I would usually sow at the waxing moon TBH but whatever!)

Good luck to all you Guerilla's out there, this ones for you;

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, 2scoops and 10 others like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.