#1 CocoMonkey

CocoMonkey

Starting out

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 04:55 PM

Just got this letter thru the post.
Seems funny that vmax was just going on about someone being busted because of their usage.
Seems like everyone on pay as you go will get one so how much of a concern is it?
gallery_47_373_403709.png
  • W.S, Slippery, gingerb and 1 other like this

#2 olmec

olmec

earth bound misfit

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,428 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 05:37 PM

It says no need to provide meter readings there sent to us automatically? How do they do that? Via my net?
  • CocoMonkey, W.S, Slippery and 2 others like this

#3 BIGLUMPAGREEN

BIGLUMPAGREEN

BIGLUMPAGREEN

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 05:42 PM

It says no need to provide meter readings there sent to us automatically? How do they do that? Via my net?

The meters send them readings on there own fella they must have like mobile phone technology in em or sumat,up to every hour as well if you give em the go ahead,just do what I did go with ovo energy then change supplier and the new supplier can't access em and they have to read em manually,BIG
  • 2scoops, CocoMonkey, W.S and 3 others like this

#4 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,585 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 05:48 PM

Just refuse it, plain and simple tell them you don`t wan`t one, theirs no law saying they can force you into having it fitted and if they try to play silly buggers then change companies and make that known in the phone call. They are too intrusive so refuse on that ground and don`t fall for their patter and shite, just stop them and say "ARE YOU DEAF I HAVE JUST TOLD YOU I`M NOT HAVING ONE FITTED, GOODBYE" :D

• CocoMonkey, weedtroll, W.S and 5 others like this

#5 CocoMonkey

CocoMonkey

Starting out

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 06:03 PM

My electric meter is inside the house so they need access
I might refuse one and threaten to change supplier
On the other hand it says no more standing charge so saving 70 odd quid a year (apparently), also the only thing that gets the meter light flashing loads is when the washing machine and tumbler are on at the same time. Will they really be able to pick up usage from a grow with the new meter? My usage wouldn't have changed, not like I just installed a 2kw grow overnight or anything.
I just don't like the intrusion
  • Slippery, gingerb and Spaceman like this

#6 BIGLUMPAGREEN

BIGLUMPAGREEN

BIGLUMPAGREEN

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 06:15 PM

My electric meter is inside the house so they need access
I might refuse one and threaten to change supplier
On the other hand it says no more standing charge so saving 70 odd quid a year (apparently), also the only thing that gets the meter light flashing loads is when the washing machine and tumbler are on at the same time. Will they really be able to pick up usage from a grow with the new meter? My usage wouldn't have changed, not like I just installed a 2kw grow overnight or anything.
I just don't like the intrusion

That isn't a problem pal,they call em smart meters cos they are just that!they can tell when lights on and off exactly how much you use and exactly when your using it,I got one installed when I wasn't growing and gave them full access to it cos they asked,the meter would send em a usage report every fookin hour lol,BIG
  • CocoMonkey, gingerb and Spaceman like this

#7 CocoMonkey

CocoMonkey

Starting out

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 06:41 PM

Really? So they know what devices are running? They can tell the difference between a washing machine, a tv or a hps?

#8 Slippery

Slippery

Ganga Ninja

• Respected User
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 07:08 PM

I think I read is was someone from Finland who got busted because they saw the 12/12 cycle.

These meters have a sim card and connect through the interweb/mobile phone network.

They also emit radiation that some people claim interferes with them and have caused house fires.

I read that you can fuck up the signal by fitting a Farraday cage, basically wrapping it in wire mesh.

I would resist having one fit but I think London and some other areas are making them mandatory

• CocoMonkey, BIGLUMPAGREEN, gingerb and 1 other like this

#9 BIGLUMPAGREEN

BIGLUMPAGREEN

BIGLUMPAGREEN

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 07:15 PM

Really? So they know what devices are running? They can tell the difference between a washing machine, a tv or a hps?

nah what I meant was as a rule you don't have electrical appliances running on 18/6 or12/12,BIG

#10 weedtroll

weedtroll

NaNaNa NaNaNaNa NaNaNa NaNaNaNa

• Respected User
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 07:18 PM

They can't gain access to mine so fuck em.

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.