57 replies to this topic

#11 wah wah

wah wah

I don,t like fish..

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 07:29 PM

..as far as i can remember even if you did have one installed they still need your permission to take readings every hour..day..week..you can refuse that an they can then only take a reading once a month..or was it 3 months...anyways..i been getting letters off them for over a year now..telling me how a smart meter will benifit me an save me money...never realised energy companies were so caring...

• 2scoops, cannamancan, Slippery and 2 others like this

#12 Ken Erbis

Ken Erbis

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 1,711 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 07:31 PM

They put one in mine about, however long ago and gave me a wifi plug in data box i can "measure" my usage with. Yep great big spike for the time lights are on. All data gets transmitted back to the eleccy people. I figure if I pay the bill then why would they bother. If they bust me I will let you know. Couldnt give a fuck quite honestly. 

Edited by Ken Erbis, 19 May 2016 - 07:31 PM.

• 2scoops, CocoMonkey, weedtroll and 4 others like this

#13 Slippery

Slippery

Ganga Ninja

• Respected User
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 07:33 PM

Really? So they know what devices are running? They can tell the difference between a washing machine, a tv or a hps?

I think it's all done with data processing and telemetrics. It would be easy to see patterns like spike in the morning (shower/hairdryer), very little whilst you are out/working and a spike in the evening.

600W for twelve hours every night is obvious!

* Some people think it is the beginning of control of energy by the powers that be, in order to more strictly control the population*

...but that's another story :whistling:

• CocoMonkey, weedtroll, gingerb and 1 other like this

#14 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 07:39 PM

there is no legal obligation on individuals to have [a smart meter]

-- https://www.gov.uk/g...s-how-they-work

we do not expect energy companies to take legal action to fit a smart meter if they cannot get the householder's co-operation

-- https://www.gov.uk/g...tic_leaflet.pdf (PDF)

In some cases an existing meter may need changing due to it reaching End Of Life, but even then it isn't mandatory to install a 'smart' replacement.
  • 2scoops, CocoMonkey, weedtroll and 3 others like this

#15 Ken Erbis

Ken Erbis

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 1,711 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 07:40 PM

Heres some pics, last one shows the spike today, my lights fire up at 6pm so that spike will go flat at 6 am. I think we should run a competition to show who can get the biggest spike. I suppose I could double up my lights and get more timers so theyre switching on and off all over the place constantly, that would fuck their heads.

[attachment=36758:IMG_0159.JPG][attachment=36759:IMG_0160.JPG][attachment=36760:IMG_0161.JPG][attachment=36761:IMG_0162.JPG]

• 2scoops, CocoMonkey, Slippery and 2 others like this

#16 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 07:57 PM

Very smart @Ken Erbis :P

• Ken Erbis, gingerb and Spaceman like this

#17 weedtroll

weedtroll

NaNaNa NaNaNaNa NaNaNa NaNaNaNa

• Respected User
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 08:03 PM

Running out of power generators and needed to build better reactors.

Take down gas/coal fired stations and old reactors and haven't replaced enough.

Need to find a cleaner safer power source as the population grows and power consumption rockets

Hopefully some of this new tech done by lockheed martin and compact fusion reactors comes online as it sounds a step in the right direction.

• CocoMonkey, gingerb and Spaceman like this

#18 White Warg

White Warg

Brouhaha Hooha

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 08:09 PM

I think I read is was someone from Finland who got busted because they saw the 12/12 cycle.

Is this a real thing though, or just apocryphal? I'm not denying you might have read it, my question is did it really happen. A lot of shite gets posted on the Internet, along with some good stuff but with bad analysis.

If anyone is worried about a 12/12 cycle then split your flower rooms or go to 24 hour and automatics.

Anyway, we'll start hearing about mass cannabis crackdowns before we get hit, almost certainly starting with the fuck-off sized commercial grows. We'll be so far down the list we'll be able to change our game well in advance.

• CocoMonkey, weedtroll, gingerb and 1 other like this

#19 Ken Erbis

Ken Erbis

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 1,711 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 08:16 PM

Im running 2 lights in the flower so I could just switch one off for an hour or 2 during 12/12 to disturb the spike. 

• gingerb and Spaceman like this

#20 weedtroll

weedtroll

NaNaNa NaNaNaNa NaNaNa NaNaNaNa

• Respected User
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 08:19 PM

If you don't smash the bollocks out of the leccy and run too many lights I doubt they'd do much.

Plus I run 18-6 veg but then run 11-13 in flower (I heard its good for discovering other pheno's :) ) ;)

There's thousands of grows if not more in the UK and there aint no space in prison for all of those.

Probably only get grassed by the power companies is if they think you're stealing power.

I'd love it if they bust everyone in the UK as the system would collapse and they'd have to give in.

• Slippery, Ken Erbis, gingerb and 1 other like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.