57 replies to this topic

#21 CocoMonkey

CocoMonkey

Starting out

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 09:20 PM

@weedtroll you doing 11/13, im doing 13/11 maybe that will confuse them abit, can't be a grow if it aint 12/12 lol
@Anonymiss thats great to know thankyou, if im not required by law then I aint having one
@stonedwolf I think it is true as vmax said it was his friend I think
  • weedtroll, Slippery, gingerb and 1 other like this

#22 Fowler78

Fowler78

Starting out

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 05:02 PM

Has any one else had a smart Meyer fitted since the last post on here?

I've just had one fitted now I'm paranoid to fuck about it. I've got two tents one is on 12/12 with a 600w and I'm about to put cuttings in the other tent 400w 18/6 then 600w flower. Do you reckon it is on top and to risky to do that?
  • 2scoops, CocoMonkey, Petal and 4 others like this

#23 Ken Erbis

Ken Erbis

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 05:18 PM

Has any one else had a smart Meyer fitted since the last post on here?

I've just had one fitted now I'm paranoid to fuck about it. I've got two tents one is on 12/12 with a 600w and I'm about to put cuttings in the other tent 400w 18/6 then 600w flower. Do you reckon it is on top and to risky to do that?

Had one for about the last year, maybe more. Not be growing last two months but no bother so far running 600w HP's  and also 300w led at times plus fans.  Fuck em I say.

See my previous post on this thread

Edited by Ken Erbis, 23 November 2016 - 05:19 PM.

• CocoMonkey, Fowler78, Petal and 3 others like this

#24 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 05:18 PM

ive had one for a few mths now i just dont see a problem arising from it they really arent interested as long as they get paid imo.  ive not seen a single bust attributed to one  , that dont mean there isnt  any tho.

there could be so many other reasons for using lectric like we do   and a 600w and a  400w isnt really the big time

i think i read on the paper work you can chose to opt out have a read on their site

#25 Petal

Petal

Flower Power

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,208 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 05:20 PM

yes that's right Forest, eg spa baths chew threw megawatts of leccy

• CocoMonkey, Fowler78, Slippery and 2 others like this

#26 Fowler78

Fowler78

Starting out

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 05:31 PM

Cheers guys.

Cancelled a couple of appointments to have it installed but got told it's the law and all properties have to have them in the next couple of years. They said I would get a charge if I cancelled the next appointment.

Proper paranoid now it's doing my nut in lol.😂
  • CocoMonkey, Petal, Slippery and 2 others like this

#27 Chew

Chew

BioBomber

• Respected User
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 05:34 PM

My mates fish tank pulls more than my 4 plant set up. I really wouldn't worry.

They ain't looking for small percy growers. Just crack on with it :)

#28 Slippery

Slippery

Ganga Ninja

• Respected User
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 05:59 PM

Cheers guys.

Cancelled a couple of appointments to have it installed but got told it's the law and all properties have to have them in the next couple of years. They said I would get a charge if I cancelled the next appointment.

Proper paranoid now it's doing my nut in lol.😂

They told you a lie!

There is no law that says you have to have one, and I can't see it becoming law whilst there are so many court cases in the USA where the meters have caused fires.

They were pestering my mum to have one but she was told she would have to pay for part of her kitchen to be removed so they could fit it (so they could save money, Cheeky cunts!) I rang them and they said it was essential to replace the meter every 25 years minimum, i asked when this meter was fit, 9 years!

I told them to stop harassing her, any future correspondence had to come to me as mum is old and confused(she isn't though ;) ), then after about three months they rang her again, same thing!

I wrote to them with a legally binding letter saying if they contacted her again without contacting me first, I would sue them for harassment, that worked! :lol:

As Chew says, it's not a thing they are actively seeking/enforcing, at least not yet!

You could always build a Farraday cage around it, there are vids on you tube I think, just encase it in wire, it can't receive or send signals so they will just have to come out and read it as always, they can't do anything about how you arrange stuff in your own house! ;)

• The Dude Abides, CocoMonkey, Fowler78 and 2 others like this

#29 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 06:19 PM

i like mine, i can top up from my phone which is proper handy,  and i can see my daily usage and yesterday which i like.

when i first got it i went round turning shit on to see what cost what to run

look here for info http://www.which.co....t-a-smart-meter

• CocoMonkey, Fowler78, gingerb and 1 other like this

#30 gingerb

gingerb

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 06:39 PM

I've had one of these smart meters for about 3 months now, if you were using the same amount as electric before your smart meter was installed you won't have a problem.
But I find it all abit sneaky with regards to how they take meter readings now, as the electric/gas company must have some sort of internet connection within the device they install

to you gas meter & eletric meter.  When install they don't ask to have connection to you own internet, so in someway they have internet built into the power supply.

The meter thing itself you get plugs in a wall socket and just displays the amount of gas & electric you using at the current time, connecting to the devices the company

install on your gas & electric meters.

So far I've not had any problems, but I am only using LED lights for grows.

• CocoMonkey, Fowler78, Slippery and 1 other like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.