#1 Fowler78

Fowler78

Starting out

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 12:42 AM

Hi all

I've always grown with cuttings but last year I decided to try my hand with some seeds to try some new strains out. The first one was wwxbb once it sprouted I thought I was in business so I grew my cuttings out like a idiot.anyhow it ended up turning Hermie on me. I spoke with Jimmy and he says it was probably down to shit genetics and doing some research online backed it up, the strain is known to Hermie quite often. So next I bought some sensi super skunk and that did the same, I then tried big Buddha blue cheese and I got success out of one seed the rest turned Hermie lol. I know I'm obviously causing them to Hermie with some type of stress but can I hell know what it is. They is deffo no light leaks, my temps are not bad normally somewhere between 20 to 30 and lights off as low as 17. I've tried all kinds of germination methods to see if it would make a difference but nothing. When the seedlings show for the first two weeks I just give water every 3 days then I start off with a light feed about .6 Inc water ec. Then I up the feed and feed more often every two days then every day pH 5.8 to 6.0. I also start them off under a 150watt light. It's costing me a fortune in seeds lol I can tell with the smell of the plants when they are going to Hermie before I even switch to flower, they all smell exactly the same. hardly any smell at all to them no skunk smell. I bought some skunk 1 regulars and put them in and they all had the exact same smell to them even though they looked mint so I ripped them all out before I flipped them. I know skunk 1 supposed to stink so I knew they was either female Hermie or male. Sorry for the long post guys but has any one any idea what else could be causing this? Forgot to say I always make sure my water is the right temps so it couldn't be that. I grow in Coco and use canna Coco ab. To make things even worse my mate has just started growing and I germinated 4 blue cheese and two paradise nebula for him and he grew them all out perfect to the end on my growing advice lol.

Edited by Fowler78, 28 May 2016 - 12:48 AM.

• Budgie, Dekay, The Dude Abides and 3 others like this

#2 Sprink

Sprink

Harletan

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,188 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 01:59 AM

Hey Robbie

Are you absolutely sure they're going hermie?

I've had a good few herm on me, but that usually happens after about 5 weeks of 12/12

It sounds to me like you're panicking and acting hastily. If you can tell that a plant will herm just by smelling it, that would be some kind of super power :)

It's defo nothing to do with germination that's for sure

How much A&B are you feeding them?

• Budgie, 2scoops, duke and 2 others like this

#3 Fowler78

Fowler78

Starting out

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 03:25 AM

Hi mate

All the strains I've grown what turned Hermie had the same smell, it's hard to explain but it doesn't smell like cannabis skunk it's really distinctive.im really familiar with cheese/bluecheese the last one I grew I could tell before I switched it to flower it was going to start producing nannas usually about week 4/5 because the smell was exactly the same as the wwxbb and sensi super skunk that had before it. and lo and behold that's what happened. Blue cheese stinks like crazy usually.the yield is half what I usually get and it's more like a Peacemaker type rather than smelly cheese. Every seed I put in since has had the same smell after a few weeks so I just rip them out because I know there going to turn. Got some ak47 regulars as well but won't crack them open untill I work out what's going on cost me nearly £90 lol usually feed light with ab never really go over 1.1 when the plant is full size. Cheers m8

Edited by Fowler78, 28 May 2016 - 03:33 AM.

• duke likes this

#4 wah wah

wah wah

I don,t like fish..

• Banned
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 05:34 AM

Could be down to shit luck..doubt it though...got any pics ?...as for smelling different...hmm??..you mention reg seeds....maybe try some fems...i,ve grown quite a few

different strains...always give them serious abuse..scrog requires it...an only ever had one hermie...done the big Buddha cheese (not the blue) about 6-7 times...lots of supercrop..pruning..

no probs with em...strange one this...

• Lab Rat, duke, BIGLUMPAGREEN and 1 other like this

#5 olmec

olmec

earth bound misfit

• Respected User
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 06:42 AM

From what I've read iver the last few years little red power lights cause most of the hermie story's, next on the list is a groom light leak, then over feed and abuse.

First thing I would be doing is getting myself closed in the tent/groom with everything running except your light and see if u have any red power lights inside that need covering.
Then I would be looking for any light leaks in the tent/groom (obviously u need it to be light outside the groom :llama:

You said above your like myself and a light feeder, so dowt it will be that.

And as @ wah wah says above abuse in veg just makes them love u more! They always have for me!

Hope this helps m8 soooooooo go get ya self zipped in
  • The Dude Abides, 2scoops, Lab Rat and 4 others like this

#6 Gumby1

Gumby1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 09:49 AM

umm you can not smell the difference in a herm plant.

especially before it has grown balls... that is kinda strange.

are they herm or just males?.
  • Dekay, 2scoops, weedtroll and 2 others like this

#7 Fowler78

Fowler78

Starting out

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 10:38 AM

Thanks for the reply guys

Olmec I've already zipped myself in the tent to test for light leaks and there's no problem there.

Wah wah I'm talking about fems m8, I bought two packs of regular skunk 1 and ak47 after getting no luck with fems because I read there harder to stress but the smell was the exact same as the fems that started producing nannas so I pulled them b4 I turned them to flower.

Gumby1

There deffo fems m8 I can 100% tell when they are going to Hermie from the smell when there in veg. Lol I know it sounds crazy but Ive been growing blue cheese cuts for years and I know what it smells like with my eyes closed. As I said before all the different strains I've tried smell exactly the same when they Herm as does the weed they produce if I let them finish. Like I said The last big Buddha blue cheese I grew had the smell in veg and I said to my partner this is going to Herm and it did. The grow I did before from The same pack of bcheese seeds turned out perfect and I pulled 13 oz dry. That was the only success I've had with seeds. Cheers
  • Budgie and duke like this

#8 wah wah

wah wah

I don,t like fish..

• Banned
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 11:02 AM

Get away from sniffing your plants yer wanna...fucking header...:)..................nah fuck knows mate...

• 2scoops, duke and White Warg like this

#9 Fowler78

Fowler78

Starting out

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 11:21 AM

These was the reg skunk 1s they looked mint, I'm sure you would all agree at this size they should be quite stinky if you rub your fingers on the stem etc but they was nothing at all. the smell I would describe would be just like a normal plant in your garden or a tomato plant no skunk smell at all.

Attached Files

Edited by Fowler78, 28 May 2016 - 11:28 AM.

• Budgie, duke and Dex like this

#10 Fowler78

Fowler78

Starting out

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 11:27 AM

Wah wah 😂😂 it's doing my nut in. Just going to fuck seeds off and try and get some cuts but the problem is asking people for them and letting people know what your doing. and normally up my way there usually covered in spider mites or thrips and they get binned and we're back to square 1.
  • 2scoops and duke like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.