#41 Fowler78

Fowler78

Starting out

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 12:16 PM

Thanks m8 appreciate all the advice from you guys

I've always bought from Herbie's as well m8.m y current grow but there cuts and current temp. What do I need to be reading for run of pH? And how do I correct it if it's off? I'm going to crack open my regs serious seeds ak 47 in a couple of months would it be a good idea to grow with a mentor in the appropriate section?

Attached Files

• Budgie, duke, Sprink and 1 other like this

#42 Dex

Dex

Aka Jack frost

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,425 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 01:23 PM

Sorry lol I thought you was in a medium of some sort

There are two ways to correct the medium ph

either put phd water in a big bucket and let it soak in... Like feeding from the bottom.

Or water until there run off matches what you put in.

From what I know I normally dunk em if the run off is way to high or too low.

If only a few points then I just water until run off is basically what I put in.

If you can take pics under bedroom light or flash or something because it's hard to tell if there is anything unusual with the orange hps on :)
Hope it helps

Edited by Labs dexter, 29 May 2016 - 01:49 PM.

• duke, Fowler78 and Sprink like this

#43 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 04:38 PM

Proper buggers this sort of problem @Fowler78 :(

OK, so yo can't find a 'usual suspect', and yer mates grown the same seeds without issues and we know you can grow already :weed: So, lets have a looksee (forgive me if some of this is condescending/going over old ground but you got to be dilligent to get to the bottom of this......

• 1) Are you taking the temps from the top of the canopy? - 30c/86f isn't too hot, but it's pushing it a bit close to the wire. Canna needs oodles of CO2/Fresh air to handle higher temps
  • 2) RH at 40%, once again not bad, but could do with being higher during vegging, especially if coupled to hot temps. Those leaves are 'furling' a little bit more than looks ideal and heat/rh/light intensity all affect this.
  • 3) Have you got a recent Water Quality Report from your water co. Get one (online free usually) and make sure that it's not had to be overtreated with chloromine/chlorine due to water supply being contaminated
  • 4) Just what exactly is stood on that speaker stand in the corner? Looks like some dodgy plastic thang......it could be venting off under the heat/light and giving you bad-room-syndrome - Get it out of the groom.
  • 4a) on the bad room syndrome - any new carpets/lino/decorating been done since your last successfull one? Any new pipework/hoses been run into the groom? they could be contaminated or venting gasses into your supply directly.
  • 5) What other differences are there between your environment and your mates? Try to narrow down and eliminate any possibile causes.
  • 6) Are we talking nanas or knackers or fucked up/mixed up buddage with both. - Knackers a few weeks into flower on the 3/4/5th nodes is often the genetics, nip ' em and carry on.... the others are stress hermies.
  • 7) Germination - dont use plastics, use glass or steel, drop the paper tissue regime (bleach in tissues!) and go to a 24hr pre-soak and straight into your pellets. Less chance of damage/contamination causing hermydom.
  • 8) Is your lighting/ballast ok? Not strobing/tripping and are new bulbs in place? Not using a dodgy/cheap/old bulb are you?
  • 9) You do have a really good scrub down between grows, flush out your pipes/equipment and suchlike?
  • 10) Are those coco-pellets/jiffy pellets from a big bag used for all these seeds?
  • 11) You're not, or some bugger else, is not ,constantly faffing, messing, or owt? :)
  • 12 Do you let them recover/heal between any training?

Now, this here stink....I 100% agree that smoked hermies can be a bit squiffy on the throat, but sniffing out hermies in veg.....call me cynical there.....but, you may be smelling the cause of the hermies not the result of it. Is it a stagnant, almost rotten smell? If so, it could be your nutes are off, not been stored right or similar, or, your water source is bad to start with. Is it the medium that stinks or the plant itself?

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, Lab Rat and 8 others like this

#44 Fowler78

Fowler78

Starting out

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 06:20 PM

Sorry for the late reply had a bank holiday Sunday day session I'm just starting to feel human again πŸ˜‚

Budgie I take readings at canopy level but they could be big swings in temps light on off depending on the time of year. When it's hot outside its hot in the loft and vice versa. I do everything possible to keep temps in check, lights on at the coldest time of day but in veg it's harder to do.

It's a bucket on the stand holding a run off tray with baby's m8 trying to keep them closer to the light to avoid stretch.

They Nana's m8 growing out of the bud.

I've got nothing new in the loft or groom since my last successful grow.

My lighting is spot on m8 I change the bulb every 3rd grow. I use a 125 watt light to start them off in a small veg tent usually.

As far as I know the only difference between my mates set up and mine is his tent is slightly larger and he grows in a basement so I should imagine his temps/ environment are more stable. That and possibly a different water supply?

The smell is the plant m8 the stem and leaves.

Cheers m8

Edited by Fowler78, 31 May 2016 - 06:58 PM.

• Budgie, The Dude Abides and duke like this

#45 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 09:47 PM

i cant think of any thing else to add that hasnt been said .

perhaps run through everything  in your equipment, then do  light and temp over a couple of days  so you have a good handle on you min max temp then crack open these seeds and do a diary so every one can follow it and maybe spot you troubles? if there is any

only hermi trouble ive ever had was the red light on a extension lead ,

im a bit troubled that you chucked out plants before they were even fliped  cos of a smell !! wait a bit longer next time lol 

all the best

• The Dude Abides, duke, Fowler78 and 2 others like this

#46 The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides

No Funny Stuff

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 10:36 PM

Interesting problem 78, it's got me flummoxed, loads of great advice from everyone as well.

Do you wear slippers?

Do you fart in the groom?

If the answer is no then there's your problem amigo.

You can get away without the farty bits but the slippers are essential.

All good things

TDA

• Budgie, duke, Fowler78 and 1 other like this

#47 Fowler78

Fowler78

Starting out

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 10:44 PM

Thanks to every one who has contributed to my thread Im really grateful for all the advice.

Forest
I'm going to finish this grow of cuts then I'm going to be brave and crack my ak47 open and do a diary to see how we go.

And don't worry m8 I've learnt my lesson with regards to ripping my plants out because of the smell nonsense. I've had a right ear bashing off the good folk on here for doing that πŸ€“πŸ˜  lol lesson learnt and tail between legs πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‹

Thanks everyoneπŸ‘

Edited by Fowler78, 31 May 2016 - 10:45 PM.

• Budgie, The Dude Abides, 2scoops and 5 others like this

#48 Sprink

Sprink

Harletan

• Respected User
  • 2,188 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 11:45 PM

Hey Fowler, we all make weird connections about things sometimes, hard to tell it's a bit crazy until you discuss it :)

Good luck with the AK, I've always wanted to run that

• Budgie, 2scoops, duke and 2 others like this

#49 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 08:29 AM

the funny thing is, you may be right about the smell  of a hermi just cos none of us have noticed it before dont mean its not true,  humans have "super tasters" where some of us have super taste buds which are much more developed than the masses so perhaps you are a super sniffer? or your part blood hound! or part Pomeranian if you not the macho type

i will certainly be sniffing any hermis i get from now on  and noting the sniffs i get

as the dude says: slippers are a must if you want to be a successful grower !

• Budgie, The Dude Abides, 2scoops and 5 others like this

#50 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,003 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 05:44 PM

Interesting problem 78, it's got me flummoxed, loads of great advice from everyone as well.

Do you wear slippers?

Do you fart in the groom?

If the answer is no then there's your problem amigo.

You can get away without the farty bits but the slippers are essential.

All good things

TDA

just out of interest i googled farty bits and the circle comes up 5th in the list,love it,peace

• Budgie and Dex like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.