6 replies to this topic

#1 gingerb

gingerb

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 09:32 PM

I've got a smaller tent for cuttting etc, but I was wondering if I could hook up my ducting/venting from my other main tent from it.

I've bodged it for tonight as i have the two tents joinined together with ducting, eg ducting runs from vent of base of bigger tent to top of the smaller tent.

I've got neg presurre on the main tent but will hot air be pulled from the small tent down some ducting to the base of the bigger tent.

Sorry does what I've actually said make sense?

I'm starting to think maybe it would be an idea to get hold of a Y connector in some form?

• Roy Cropper likes this

#2 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 01:13 PM

I dont bother with any extracters or fans in my vegging cupboard, not that that is any help but i thought i`d fling it in for you.

• Roy Cropper and gingerb like this

#3 MDS

MDS

Internode Master...

• Banned
  • 2,529 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 01:40 PM

If you're vegging rooted plants in the smaller tent then you'll have no problems ;)

However because you'll be pulling air through the small tent & into the bigger one it won't be ideal for rooting cuttings unless you have them inside a propogator in the small tent..

You really want pretty high humidity when rooting cuttings so the poor things have a chance of growing roots before they transpire too much ;)

Keep the light fairly high as well, depending on what type of light it is when rooting cuts..

Personally I use a couple of 55W PLL fluorescent tubes about a foot above my propogator.

But for vegging it'll work fine :)

• The Dude Abides, BIGLUMPAGREEN and gingerb like this

#4 gingerb

gingerb

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 09:39 PM

Cheers MDS, yep I have cuttings in a propogator they seem fine currently and have rooted.

But have an auto plant in this tent too which is becoming a pain and is abit too big, I think may have to throw in outside in my backyard.

I realised the ducting from the top of the tent going down to the base of the bigger tent isn;t really working.

Edited by gingerb, 21 June 2016 - 09:40 PM.

• MDS likes this

#5 MDS

MDS

Internode Master...

• Banned
  • 2,529 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 09:52 PM

Cheers MDS, yep I have cuttings in a propogator they seem fine currently and have rooted.

But have an auto plant in this tent too which is becoming a pain and is abit too big, I think may have to throw in outside in my backyard.

I realised the ducting from the top of the tent going down to the base of the bigger tent isn;t really working.

I'll be honest & say I have grown outside but in a locked greenhouse ;)

Don't let me put you off putting the auto outside, just consider the consequences if anyone can get round the back to rec your property for a burglary & they find this dope plant :rolleyes:  I mean the kind of people that do that sort of thing generally smoke dope unfortunately...

The ducting won't work too well if you have other openings on the bigger tent, but you might be able to adjust them to pull more or less air through the smaller tent :)

#6 Roy Cropper

Roy Cropper

grow, smoke, eat, repeat.

• Respected User
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 10:59 PM

Hi Ginge
What is it you want to do exactly ? Extract air from both tents via 1 fan ? Or pull air from one tent to feed another ?

One thing I would say is that it's no good to recycle the air, as in how fresh would the fresh air be if it was passed thru one tent to another ?

I had 2 1.2x1.2 tents next to each other with a big 6" rvk (L1) extracting both tents, so 2 filters one fan ! Just had to make sure the ducts from each filter were the same length to the Y connector so they both pull the same, if one was shorter it would pull more than the longer one ! Both were pulling air in from the room they were in and blowing it straight outside
If there is t much of a size difference in tents then maybe this could work for you ? Or I've read the post wrong down to eating more than the usual amount of oil ! Either way it's took half hour to write this so hopefully someone finds it helpful !
After reading that back maybe you could lengthen a duct to pull less, for the smaller tent !

#7 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 11:21 PM

If you want unequal air flow then you could use a reducer on one branch of the T, which will (roughly) halve the cross-sectional area of that branch.

Or, you could buy a couple of inline flow restrictors/vanes and adjust them to suit.
  • MDS likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ducting, Venting, tents

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.